Author Topic: Scripting Accounts  (Read 4062 times)

Offline onlyindreamsTopic starter

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Scripting Accounts
« on: January 16, 2010, 12:49:52 PM »
I only run one account and I think I'm going to open another just for scripting resources. Maybe add a character or two for support or emergency rez'ing... When you get an account it asks for credit card info. If my scripting account gets banned will they also ban my other account if it uses the same cc info? What are the different ways to get around this?

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Scripting Accounts
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 01:02:40 PM »
As far as I know, and TT and I have asked many people about this,

If they ban one account for scripting, they will NOT ban the other accounts. A good friend of ours used to have one account on a one week ban all the time and would play the others no problem. We asked about the credit card thing, and he said they all went to one account.

so, long explanation short, I don't think so. All of our accounts (5 of them) go on one credit card.
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 01:17:13 PM »
Yep and if you want an account I got a few Im willing to part with.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 03:36:21 PM »
they only go after all the accts on the same CC if u are duping and even then they are inconsistent.  you have to be doing something insane for them to go after all accts.  i use paypal plugin to buy gametime with one time use cards.  each CC is diff.  I also use it to open macro accts and then remove info.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 06:10:24 PM »
I do the same thing as C2 does use paypal plugin and it creates one time cc numbers for you.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 01:09:52 AM »
ya I was gonna say.. PayPal has temp CC info that you could use for Game Time Codes. :)

my Primary account is in my wife's name, and my second account is in my name.

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 01:41:50 AM »
ya I was gonna say.. PayPal has temp CC info that you could use for Game Time Codes. :)

my Primary account is in my wife's name, and my second account is in my name.

So use the paypal cc account to buy 6 months game time, then after that time is up, get another one time cc info and get another 6 months?.... Just an example. Do you guys pay each month, 6 months? Not sure how much time I'd want to get considering it'll be used for scripting. Would hate to pay for 6 months to a year and have the account get banned. Or does EA reimburse you for lost time?

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 02:59:39 AM »
You get banned you say bye-bye to the $$.

For temporary accounts, stuff I use strictly for resource farming, I pay month to month - mostly that's because I plan on only having it open for a month but then forget to pull everything off the character before it expires and end up paying for another month because I can't let it go lol!! Otherwise I keep 'em free and I use the Paypal CC thaaang for temp CC numbers.

I like having a second "permanent" account for a lot of reasons and I do pay for 6 months at a whack to save $ and I keep it on the same CC as my main. I resource script on this account but I keep it fairly chill, mostly script for stuff I need for character support not for profit. It has no marks so I'm not too worried about it, unlike my main account which has two marks so I pretty much just script skill training on that account.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 07:30:21 AM »
i don't make accts that i actually pay for.  i use old 30 day buddy codes that give 30 free days then look to charge the acct i used but i have already removed teh one time use card and they are diff every time.

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 10:39:51 AM »
I still have the seven 7th anniversary codes somewhere. Guess I need to find out where those are!

Offline Queen of the South

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Queen of the South has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 01:42:11 AM »
Been looking for an alternative way to pay for my scripting account so there is no link to my mains (just in case) and came across this thread and thought Bingo!!!!.  Paypal plug in was perfect but unfortunately it was pulled for new users a few months back although existing users of it should be ok
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Products-and-services/PAYPAL-PLUGIN-FOR-NEW-USERS/m-p/45

Anyone have any new ideas to help me pay for my scripting account without connection to my main? Can I just buy a gametime code from somewhere?
Thanks guys

« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 01:43:57 AM by Queen of the South »

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 05:25:23 AM »
There are lots of peeps that sell gametime codes.  I have a name for a guy that sells them at almost cost but i will have to look him up and see if he is still doing it.  I have not done any business with him since the summer of 2009.

Tags: