Author Topic: New Treasure Hunter  (Read 23542 times)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: New Treasure Hunter
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2010, 08:29:28 AM »
With mining you have a greater "dig radius" for finding the chest. With 0 mining you pretty much need to be on the exact tile of the chest to find it (easy with mapping tools). If you have random map locations then you will have very little chance of hitting it spot on. Add in some mining and you get a 2x2 or larger area to find the chest. At GM it's pretty large radius.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2010, 08:44:13 AM »
With mining you have a greater "dig radius" for finding the chest. With 0 mining you pretty much need to be on the exact tile of the chest to find it (easy with mapping tools). If you have random map locations then you will have very little chance of hitting it spot on. Add in some mining and you get a 2x2 or larger area to find the chest. At GM it's pretty large radius.
Are you sure this is still the case? I'm looking to see if I can find anything on Stratics, would love to read that somewhere!

X

<edit> Found it, from UOGuide:

"Mining skill is not required to dig up a treasure chest. However, the higher a character's Mining skill, the further away from the exact spot they can be when attempting to dig up the chest. With no Mining skill, the digger must be directly on the correct spot where the chest is buried. Mining skill was helpful long ago before treasure map rune libraries created by players existed. "
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 08:47:08 AM by 12TimesOver »
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2010, 08:50:07 AM »
While searching, your mining skill will come in handy. The higher your mining skill, the larger your dig radius.

* 0 to 50.9 mining: You must dig from 1 tile away from the treasure chest.
    * 51.0 to 80.9 mining: You can dig from 2 tiles away from the treasure chest.
    * 81.0 to 99.9 mining: You can dig from 3 tiles away from the treasure chest.
    * 100 mining: You can dig from 4 tiles away from the treasure chest.
    * Number refer to enhanced skill levels, not "real".
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2010, 08:52:19 AM »
That's a lot of skill points to get a 4-tile boost! Guess I'll wait and see what the randomization does before I commit any points to it.

I'm still interested in how the sextants will play a role and what the randomization will really look like.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2010, 09:01:13 AM »
Before the great mapping tools it was just a little more difficult to do the maps, not impossible.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2010, 10:10:41 AM »
At the moment though, 12X is 100% correct obviously, you don't need any mining and its a big fat waste to have on your treasure hunter.  Mine is a GM miner because I have not changed it since I made it when the system first showed up and you had to find 100s of treasure maps to decode to make GM.  Uhg.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2010, 10:15:21 AM »
Buying all +5 miner gloves. I think I see a market for imbued ones!

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2010, 10:51:22 AM »
Once the publish hits...for 30 days..mining will not matter. After that..it will be HUGE. Remember..GM mining gives you the "treasure chest is nearby" (or words to that affect) when you get close, outside of 4 tiles. Since the locations will be random, this will be an absolute must to track down any given chest's location.

Offline RheeannaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Rheeanna has no influence.
  • It's all good
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2010, 10:55:28 AM »
hmmm.

I know its gonna be random, but its not like it can pop up say underneath someone's house right?   It will still be generally spawning somewhat nearby some old spots.  The new maps lmages look cool.   I'm hoping they don't make it too difficult

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2010, 11:38:15 AM »
Once the publish hits...for 30 days..mining will not matter. After that..it will be HUGE. Remember..GM mining gives you the "treasure chest is nearby" (or words to that affect) when you get close, outside of 4 tiles. Since the locations will be random, this will be an absolute must to track down any given chest's location.
The 30 days is only for the maps you have already decoded, anything you decode after the patch goes in is immediately random.

I'm thinking nay on the Mining still, shouldn't be too difficult without. The maps themselves are pretty easily translated and I'm assuming it will somehow be integrated into the resource grid thus only randomized in an 8x8 area perhaps, or something along those lines.

X

Offline jvu316

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jvu316 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2010, 10:49:41 PM »
Do you need GM Mining to treasure hunt?

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2010, 02:37:34 AM »
Dude? Seriously? Read the damn thread.

X

Offline Taz Devil

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Taz Devil has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2010, 03:53:13 AM »
Almost identical to the player who tosses the White Net that summons the Leviathon. Got nowhere to hide :(
I thought you could hide once the net has been cast, als if you cast protection before digging wouldn't it be possible to get off an invis (don't quote me on this as I'm a bit dusty about game mechanics from my long absence).

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2010, 03:57:07 AM »
Yes, like I said, you pre-cast invis while the chest is coming up. There's like 12 dig sounds (don't quote me on the number) as long as you pre-cast invis and have yourself targetted, you can release the spell when the MOBS spawn.

You will be invis and since they weren't aggro'd to you, they won't reveal you. Instead they attack the 2 Earth Elementals you summoned and put a few steps to the side. When at least 1-2 target the EE's you run the opposite way.

Deal with the spawn however the char is setup to. I use Provoke and EV's myself. Then come back in and get the chest fired up. If something spawns while dragging out items, it won't attack the second it shows up. You have time for a spell... invis, pre-cast heal, etc...

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2010, 04:00:22 AM »
Dude? Seriously? Read the damn thread.

X

That's the problem with the internet generation. They want no work - full reward. If the answer isn't in the post DIRECTLY ABOVE THEM they aren't willing to work a bit to get the information.

Lets hope that this teaches a lesson and we convert at least one person away from this trend.

Tags: