Author Topic: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0  (Read 242222 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0 Beta
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 11:56:05 AM »
+1
Ah, ok... I was gonna say!! The changes I made were just efficiency changes and shouldn't have made that much of a difference.

One thing to watch is if it gets hosed up, say, trying to dump 2 diamonds in the bank but there is already 125 items in your bank box, it will sit there and loop drying to drop the diamonds and the counter will increment. I'm thinking through some logic changes on the counter for this but check your counters to make sure there is nothing skewed like 2million iron ore while you only have a couple k of everything else, that would be WAY off.

I am seeing a much higher resource return with 3.0 than with the the last version though, but I was really surprised when I thought you meant 20% increase from the version change! I wish I had better stats from before upgrade though, I may have to run the old version a couple of days just to get some counts!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 12:29:06 PM »
+1
I had thought of these same issues but I empty my resource container daily so that could not be an issue and I also have been seeing for example 120k iron ore and then i will check and count up all my ore and it will be at 120k so the numbers are correct. The only issue I have not found is if i want to reset the numbers to check them daily how can i do that?

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 08:54:14 PM »
+1
I'm still having issues with it not picking up shovels from the main secure container in my bank, with option to tinker not checked.. I recall to the mining location, back to the bank, back to the mining location, non-stop. This is on a female gargoyle and male elf, same shard. Also tried with a female elf on a different shard.

To try it out with tinkering I went to another shard where I had tinkering on my miner. Doing it like this (elf female) it would tinker shovels AND it would pull pre-made ones out of the secure. So there appears to be an issue of pulling shovels/axes when the tinkering option is not checked. I tried to see where it is in the code but I was unable to find it.

Other than that, it runs beautifully!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 04:16:24 AM »
+1
Ah good bug find! I did change the logic in the Stock sub to address some other issues, I must have broken it. This is why I need testers, I don't ever roll a miner without tinkering so I never would have found this. Will look at it asap.

Thanks for the feedback.

X

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 11:58:05 AM »
+1
OK! New version uploaded (file says 3.0 but it is 3.01 in the header of the script). See the initial post under 3.01 for the fix list.

And thanks for testing!

X

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2010, 08:28:59 AM »
+1
I have been using the script and trying out the gate feature and have found a small bug does not affect the ability of the script but is a small problem.  It does not detect if there is still a gate up and will continue to try to cast another if an existing gate is up until the other gate dissolves and then it can cast another. Then it will contine and cast another gate and go on its merry way.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2010, 09:28:21 AM »
+1
I have been using the script and trying out the gate feature and have found a small bug does not affect the ability of the script but is a small problem.  It does not detect if there is still a gate up and will continue to try to cast another if an existing gate is up until the other gate dissolves and then it can cast another. Then it will contine and cast another gate and go on its merry way.
Yep, known bug that will be addressed in the 3.0 release. Only noticed because of Siege ;)

X

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 06:08:26 AM »
+1
:) shhhhhhhh  ;)

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2010, 01:15:08 PM »
+1
I tried to get 3.0 running and it just sat there whether I toggled yes or no to interactive setup. 

I loaded up 2.61 and I ran into the no tinker, not enough ingots message during setup.  I am trying to run the script on a toon that doesn't have any tinker (as I don't have any ingots to train tink on this shard yet...).

I said yes to tink, then commented out the subs for stocking ingots and tinkering shovels.  Script seems to be rolling.  I will report back.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 03:01:52 PM »
+1
I tried to get 3.0 running and it just sat there whether I toggled yes or no to interactive setup. 

I loaded up 2.61 and I ran into the no tinker, not enough ingots message during setup.  I am trying to run the script on a toon that doesn't have any tinker (as I don't have any ingots to train tink on this shard yet...).

I said yes to tink, then commented out the subs for stocking ingots and tinkering shovels.  Script seems to be rolling.  I will report back.
Interesting, I thought I had ditched the option for Automated setup or not. It should just fire up the setup menu. You dl'd the version attached to this thread? I will run it on a new toon tonight and see if I can duplicate if so.

X

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 04:51:27 PM »
+1
I left it clicked to tinker shovels but it continued to use all(being existing shovels) i had in the chest first anyway. That is 3.01 i am using just so you have some feedback 12x^.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 06:26:06 PM »
+1
You did ditch it I think.  When it didn't do anything I found the lines you commented out and put them back in. :) That wasn't a very helpful comment, I will try to figure out what went wrong.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2010, 06:44:33 AM »
+1
My guess is that its your spots and if you swapped runes between the two accounts, you would be swapping the production too.

Are both miners the same race?

I downloaded 3.0 again to make sure I was not messing anything up and I still can't get it to run for me.  I have a miner with 70+ skill on Siege. I start it and it does nothing.  I tried eliminating the file check in startup and it didn't change anything.  I am going to start stepping through to see how far it gets.

-Mario Andretti

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2010, 08:49:51 AM »
+1
I realized this morning that I haven't yet run the latest release since "fixing" the issue where it looks for tinker stuff even without tinkering enabled, I may have hosed the whole Setup sub. If it's not even getting to the Setup menu then we've got an issue there! I'll start walking through it right now (I've been working on other code at work today, I really shouldn't but I'm obsessed).

X

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2010, 10:24:33 AM »
+1
It doesn't pop the menu that asks if you want to run setup, it just hangs after I hit play.  I am running on 2.61 with the tinker/shovel subs commented out, so I think my setup is otherwise correct.

-Mario Andretti

Tags: