Author Topic: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0  (Read 242185 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0 Beta
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2010, 10:49:38 AM »
+1
Well the interesting part is that there should be next to nothing going on before the setup menu loads:

Code: [Select]
sub Setup
   gosub TM_NGFS_DoesSaveExist XIIxMining
   If #RESULT
      {
      gosub TM_NGFS_InitializeScript XIIxMining
      gosub TM_NGFS_LoadVariables XIIxMining
      if %Initialized = #TRUE
         {
       display yesno It looks like you've used this script before. Would you like to use the settings saved from your last session?
       if #dispres = yes
          return
       }
    }

gosub TM_NGFS_InitializeScript XIIxMining
   gosub TM_NGFS_RegisterVariables XIIxMining std std RunebookID SecureID OreBagID StoneBagID BlkRkBagID GemBagID ToTinker ToBank
   gosub TM_NGFS_RegisterVariables XIIxMining std std TravelMethod SecureGmpName SecureGmpSize Initialized
   gosub TM_NGFS_RegisterVariables XIIxMining std std IronCnt DullCnt ShadCnt CoppCnt BronCnt GoldCnt AgapCnt VeriCnt ValoCnt EcruCnt
   gosub TM_NGFS_RegisterVariables XIIxMining std std FireCnt TurqCnt BlueCnt PerfCnt DarkCnt BlacCnt CrysCnt SandCnt DiamCnt RubyCnt StarCnt
   gosub TM_NGFS_RegisterVariables XIIxMining std std SappCnt CitrCnt EmerCnt AmbeCnt TourCnt AmetCnt NormStnCnt DullStnCnt ShadStnCnt
   gosub TM_NGFS_RegisterVariables XIIxMining std std CoppStnCnt BronStnCnt GoldStnCnt AgapStnCnt VeriStnCnt ValoStnCnt

gosub Display_M_Setup

Just setting up the variables using TM's file system and that's it!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2010, 06:01:04 AM »
+1
So, I won't say I'm stumped quite yet but I couldn't duplicate the issue last night. I'll keep you posted.

X

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2010, 01:30:24 AM »
+1
It doesn't pop the menu that asks if you want to run setup, it just hangs after I hit play.  I am running on 2.61 with the tinker/shovel subs commented out, so I think my setup is otherwise correct.

Just downloaded the latest version and I'm having the same issue. It popped up once and asked I wanted to use previous settings and I clicked no. After that nothing happened. I've closed EUO, re-downloaded the script but I can't get it to run setup or do anything... I'll look at it some more tomorrow evening and see if I can figure something out.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2010, 04:26:58 AM »
+1
I did a step through on the setup and I think there may be an issue if you have a previous saved setup from an earlier version.  The script is finding a previous saved setup, but is getting a false value back from the TM Initialize sub. 

For my next test I would like to see if I can check the expected location for a saved setup so that if one is there I can erase it and try to run the script again from there to see if it will work.  Where should I be looking for a saved setup? 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2010, 04:56:42 AM »
+1
Ahh, good catch! Ok, I'll take a look through that stuff as I have time today. Been in the Adirondacks so haven't had much opportunity to so any scripting/playing but I'm back in the saddle today!

X

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2010, 05:16:51 AM »
+1
Very cool. Where should I look for the saved version?  I am pretty ignorant with respect to EUO save protocol and I want to delete it...
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2010, 11:43:02 AM »
+1
I just figured out the issue, I broke it when I made some changes (while at work of course) to make it possible to reset ONLY the counters and to be able to do it any time without restarting the script. I'm working on fixes right now but have to run to do my CSA pickup in a few so won't up it until after.

Paulo, I'm not sure what you mean by "the saved version". Do you mean the variables? If so, they're stored in the registry.

X

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2010, 12:15:31 PM »
+1
Yeah, I was thinking that if I can erase the variables and it comes back negative in the "prior saved" check it might help me isolate the issue. 

I was just not sure what/where EUO saves variables.  Maybe I need to find a tutorial somewhere to read...

-Mario Andretti

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2010, 12:25:51 PM »
+1
Yeah, I was thinking that if I can erase the variables and it comes back negative in the "prior saved" check it might help me isolate the issue. 

I was just not sure what/where EUO saves variables.  Maybe I need to find a tutorial somewhere to read...

If I am not mistaken. It saves them in the registry.  You could take the windows Regedit.exe to look at them and find it and them remove them but they can also be removed through EUO.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2010, 02:57:31 PM »
+1

If I am not mistaken. It saves them in the registry.  You could take the windows Regedit.exe to look at them and find it and them remove them but they can also be removed through EUO.
Yes, I did say that it saves to the registry just above ;)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EasyUO

X

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2010, 05:56:42 PM »
+1
Ok, updated. Hopefully this addresses the issues you guys are reporting. It was definitely related to the changes I made for the Counter reset button.

File version still 3.0 but the file header shows as 3.02. Make sure you have the correct version.

Thanks.

X

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2010, 07:12:36 AM »
+1
Its working for me now, thanks 12X!!

-Mario Andretti

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2010, 07:14:00 AM »
+1
Its working for me now, thanks 12X!!
Phew!

*Whipes sweat from brow*

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2010, 09:28:51 AM »
+1
I have a couple of thoughts after using this and its predecessor for about a week:

Very nice script, well done.

While gating it often finishes mining a spot or dropping ore before the previous gate is gone, and then tries to put up a gate repeatedly, but can't because there is already a gate there.  I wonder whether there is a solution that would keep you moving when you are gating.  Maybe taking a step if there is a gate there?  Maybe dispelling the gate before casting?

The tracking menu is really well done.  The only thing I would add is an ore/ingot per hour counter.

My Siege miner is up to 96 mining. Can't wait to read the gem book so that I can start putting up imbue training resources.  :)

-Mario Andretti

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2010, 10:13:59 AM »
+1
Thanks for the feedback Paulo!

A fix for the gate issue is already in the works,  it's something I planned to do a long time ago but only got re-interested in it due to you and Mass running it on SP. I was just going to simply have it do a Dispel Field on the Gate each time it walks through one, will go through a lot of mana though. Just thinking through the whole thing because there may be better ways to do it. I'm pretty sure that a dispel field only dispels the field on the caster's side while leaving the "exit" in tact until it times out, this would still be an issue when trying to Gate back to the place you just came from.

X

Tags: