Author Topic: Advice on new account  (Read 2999 times)

Offline floofpunkittenTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • floofpunkitten has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Advice on new account
« on: September 25, 2010, 04:04:48 PM »
So I'm thinking with the new script monitoring system OSI has in place, it might be wise to create a second account seperate from my main. Which leave me with a few questions. For some reason I get banned, will my main get banned? I have comcast and play on my laptop using wifi. The ip address is the same no? Anyone have advice to minimize detection?

Thanks

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Advice on new account
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 05:17:33 PM »
The best advice that you can take to the bank.  If you dont want to get caught scripting then don't do it! Plain and simple !

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 06:23:11 PM »
Use seperate payment methods and emails for each account.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Adenocard

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Adenocard has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 12:44:57 PM »
Does anyone think they have a script monitoring system running?

I know I have stated some buddies have been banned. The ones that were banned were doing pretty stupid stuff ( i.e. AFK heartwood kits and duping with billions of gold  so it would not be hard to catch them.

Offline drayghon

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • drayghon has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 05:18:00 AM »

I know I have stated some buddies have been banned. The ones that were banned were doing pretty stupid stuff ( i.e. AFK heartwood kits and duping with billions of gold  so it would not be hard to catch them.

well I suppose this post is a bit l8 but I was running a script from this website on osi and before very long at all a message started to apear on my screen "scripting is bad stop scripting player is scripting" or something of the sort and it kept repeating. I assume this to be a detection method and do not blame this site or the script however in answer to whether or not they are monitoring I am going to say seems so :). Thankfully I wasn't banned I instantly shut of the script and devised a cheep machro that helped somewhat.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 05:34:40 AM »
Sounds like Gremlins to me.

I'm scripting resources around the clock and, other than these damned crash issues, I've not experienced a thing. I think it has been known for years who is using EUO and running scripts. I'm not confident that there is a "script monitoring system" of any type in place.

My feeling on the matter - scripting is part of my gameplay now, no way around it. If I play I will always script certain functions. If I get caught I'll suffer the consequences. If I don't, I won't. I've never been a hardcore system abuser, only using CE once in a while on laggy situations, never setting up mass vendor farms, etc. Just keep it chill, have fun playing the way you like to play, and if you get banned - move on...

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 05:57:08 AM »
Dray, what script were you using?
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 08:49:02 AM »

well I suppose this post is a bit l8 but I was running a script from this website on osi and before very long at all a message started to apear on my screen "scripting is bad stop scripting player is scripting" or something of the sort and it kept repeating. I assume this to be a detection method and do not blame this site or the script however in answer to whether or not they are monitoring I am going to say seems so :). Thankfully I wasn't banned I instantly shut of the script and devised a cheep machro that helped somewhat.

I think gremlins also. Was it a download of a script well know and does anyone else have access to your computer to modify your scripts? What color was the lettering of the message? Where was the message located? Was it on screen or over your head? Did the message continue to repeat on the screen to the point of causing speach queue problems?

Tags: