Author Topic: Nox Mystic Mage  (Read 34459 times)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Nox Mystic Mage
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 10:54:14 AM »
No doubt. I run a Necro/Mage most times in pvp and toggle protection on/off depending on the situation.

Better mages will use FC/FCR at all times. They have the timings down so they suffer very few interrupts. I'm just not that good. Protection offers the char the assurance that when I want a heal, I'm getting that heal.

It does make combo's very VERY slow to cast... but it's not really a solo style setup. There's not much use for Nox on a solo char. Everyone you run into will have pots. But with the Nox fields, this can be a blast in a good ole field fight.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline NewsmanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 10:56:33 AM »
Actually, on a nox mage, you'll want to run around with shatter potions.  You'll ruin someones day.  Also, toggling protection based on the situation is always a sign of a good mage,  many a mage has died because they didn't know when to go in or out of protection.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 11:01:32 AM »
I'll check out these shatter potions! Sounds like more fun!!

I've learned to love conflags with my red. Get some blue trammy on tracking and light them up hehe.

I'm really not all that good of a pvper, but I understand the fundamentals. I guess that puts me above quite a few LOL.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline NewsmanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 11:09:37 AM »
I'm pretty comfortable saying I'm in the top 20 best pvpers left in UO.  Most folks are just absolutely awful.  Shatter potions are the wave of the future.  I bought like 10k of them when I saw how useful they can be.

Tags: