Author Topic: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester v1.19  (Read 349951 times)

Offline Krusty The Klown

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Krusty The Klown has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester v1.19
« Reply #600 on: May 16, 2010, 08:40:49 AM »
lol i always just cancel the patch and keep uo at its current patch until euo is updated life without scripts in uo i dont know what i would do  :o

Offline VLDK1976

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • VLDK1976 has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 16, 2010, 01:06:41 PM »
The issue is just
From the 10.th of may 2010, was all updates of EUO 1.5 stopped. They switch to a new client, and a new language (LUA) that new client do not read the old script language. So there is no patching in the future.

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 16, 2010, 01:24:02 PM »
The issue is just
From the 10.th of may 2010, was all updates of EUO 1.5 stopped. They switch to a new client, and a new language (LUA) that new client do not read the old script language. So there is no patching in the future.

The date has been moved to July (maybe). And according to Cheffe,
he is going to make an emulator to run the old scripts.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Scrripty

« Reply #603 on: May 17, 2010, 12:38:25 PM »
Yea but the new emulator SHOULD run a TON faster than EUO 1.5.  And be 100 percent compatible.  Hopefully. :)

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 17, 2010, 12:40:29 PM »
Something maybe w/ goto's might be problem.
But still not sure about that.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 17, 2010, 02:59:32 PM »
Not a problem if you don't use those nasty things....
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 17, 2010, 03:40:02 PM »
I only have a couple to get rid of, and there easy.
TM's stuff that I use, well thats a whole nother story.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #607 on: May 17, 2010, 03:48:10 PM »
I doubt the gotos are causing any delay with the emulator.  Remember this isn't a native Lua converter.  Cheffe is just one guy and it'll take some time to write what he has promised.  So patience is a good thing right now.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 17, 2010, 04:13:07 PM »
Oh I hope it takes months :)

And I hope it's completely 100% compatible!
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #609 on: May 17, 2010, 04:40:33 PM »
Man, if the emulator runs 100 percent and half as fast as my imagination has made it out to run... it's gonna be GREAT.  Imagine how fast evaluating loot will be.... and sorting through tons of items multiple times... I salivate when I think about it.  Not just that, but the new language isn't that difficult to learn really... yea it sucks learning a new language.  But honestly, you're getting a free education in something you enjoy.  Can't be all bad. :)  I can't wait to play with a new toy myself.  If it made the claw 25 percent faster, I'd be in heaven.  But what if it increased the claws evaluation by double?  Or triple? :)  I can't wait. 

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #610 on: May 17, 2010, 05:43:26 PM »
Actually, I hope the emulator doesn't run any faster.  Problem with that is if a script runs faster, then it's not a true 100% emulator.  Compatibility of scripts becomes an issue, especially if there's specific timing built into the execution of a script.

I say if people want speed, then they should code in Lua and OEUO.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #611 on: May 17, 2010, 07:11:20 PM »
Not at all; I want COMPATIBILITY!  If you take and run something 1000x faster and timing is an issue, then you're just not 100% compatible.  No?

Leave the speed to the Lua optimization.

But having already done an EUO interpreter, I know that you won't get much of a speed bump interpreting a language in an interpreted language.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline SirKnight

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • SirKnight has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 21, 2010, 06:04:34 AM »
What if you could have both, of course in a perfect world. Faster Speed and 100% Compatibility now that would amazing

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #613 on: May 21, 2010, 06:12:47 AM »
I'm not holding my breath over that one.  ;)  I'll just be happy with something that's 100% compatible.  My perfect world hasn't arrived yet. heh
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 21, 2010, 07:19:09 AM »
What if you could have both, of course in a perfect world. Faster Speed and 100% Compatibility now that would amazing

Can you really have increased speed AND compatibility?? Seems impossible to me. As you increase speed you reduce delays, which are necessary to reliably run things.

If they could hybrid the functions to jump between LUA and EUO functionality it would be very impressive.... write the script in normal EUO coding then include "jumps" to LUA code.

Just dreaming though... that's not going to happen.