Author Topic: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester v1.19  (Read 349499 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester v1.16
« Reply #315 on: February 23, 2009, 04:41:30 PM »
The answer resides in this thread.....

Read.....Absorb.... ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Kamahl

« Reply #316 on: February 24, 2009, 07:11:14 AM »
still works great... nice job m8.

Offline bliss

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • bliss has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 24, 2009, 09:44:26 PM »
ok i have been meaning to get in here and give some feed back on how i fixed some of the problems i have seen in here. Im no scripter so bear with me, this is hours and hours and hours of messing with this script lol. ok first off i had the same problem with the script scrolling through the quest it runs fine on new comp but old one did not. i am running in 32 bit but for some reason the pixel is not the same color err number i assume its a pixel number. so this is what i did you have to set your pointer over the text a simple bow any part of it will work check and see what number comes up if it is not 8701514 this is likely your problem, mine was 8437839 yours might be diff
Code: [Select]
  goto NewSampleArea_skip1
    if %6 = 8701514    <=========== change this number here
      set !x !x + 2 ; changing this will impact present sampled values!!
    else
      set !x !x + 5
it is line 1982

you also have to change this here
Code: [Select]
pleArea NULL !clickxposition1 !clickyposition1 !clickxposition2 !clickyposition2 8701514

its line1885 im not sure if it will help any one but it helped me

ok now for the rail i have seen people asking why the rail stops just short of the portal well i asked the same thing so this is what worked for me. the railpoint that goes into the portal must look like this
function = move to portal
index = #
xpos = #
ypos =#
zpos = 0
label =  VQV_Portal     make sure it does not say VQV_Portal to yew or heartwood this will not work er it will but only one way in or out. you can chnge this by tyeping in your own text and hitting manuel update, just make sure you do it after you walk the rail
delay = 100

that should work for the portal  now you have to make sure the next way point looks like this

function =  move only
index =  #
xpos = 6987
ypos = 342
zpos = 0
label = ?
delay = 0

i just changed the x and y position manualy because you wont be in that spot when you drop into heartwood i hope this helps some of you.

hey TM let me know if anyof this is totaly wacked like i said im no scripter but it worked for me
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 09:57:56 PM by bliss »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #318 on: February 24, 2009, 10:01:44 PM »
Yeh, that's pretty much correct.  What's happening is the pixel colors coming back will be different for the "white" text for 16 and 32 bit machines.  But that's a good observation.  However, it can change when people have messed up video drivers, and other reasons like that.  So the numbers can be even more different, so it's always easier for us to say, "Fix your video."  :)

At least you've taken the time to look into how the rails function.  You're suggestion is absolutely spot on.  The problem with most people is they don't want to even try and fix it themselves.  But thank you for all that, your analysis get an A+ today.  heh.
Come play RIFT with me!

papasmurf

« Reply #319 on: February 24, 2009, 10:34:35 PM »
Figured out the problem.  When they fixed the system, they reinstalled Vista and the default display setting were reset to 16 bit.  Didn't even think the check that since I had been running the program just fine prior to taking it in for repairs.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #320 on: February 24, 2009, 11:43:13 PM »
Figured out the problem.  When they fixed the system, they reinstalled Vista and the default display setting were reset to 16 bit.  Didn't even think the check that since I had been running the program just fine prior to taking it in for repairs.

Heh, cool.  Whenever you have problems, it's good to go through the check list in the first post of this thread.  We generated that list from LOTS of input from people over the last 2 years, so we've tried to keep it as update as possible. 99% of the error can be caught with it.  I guess especially when they did an entire OS install, you can't rely on what those monkeys did to your computer.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hollywood_Shono

• Activity:
    0%
  • Hollywood_Shono has no influence.
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 25, 2009, 01:02:09 AM »
I also fixed my previous problem, Some reason me being right next to my secure container at my house it was some how messing it up for me it wouldn't gate back to heartwood i remarked it 1 step from the secure so it was still reachable and the script went smoothly I have one suggestion though... 

TM: If you could rail this script down to Ciala The Arborist.

There is a bug where if you get:

The quest down in heart wood:
Glassy Foe - Ryal
Dust to Dust -  Aniel
Circle of Life - Mielani

The people are listed beside the quest name: But If you receive these three quests then go to Ciala you will get the Arch Support quest every time, which would make this run much faster and there would be no scrolling through the quest. It would be done in 5 min instead of around 10 or so. Just my suggestion thats how my previous heartwood script works.

Offline cicciop

• New User
  • Activity:
    0%
  • cicciop has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 25, 2009, 05:08:17 AM »
Hope This will work! Ty for scripting it in advance!

Offline box

• New User
  • Activity:
    0%
  • box has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 28, 2009, 11:00:01 AM »
I am New to the whole script process, Does this work good? and if i leave it running what are the chances its going to pick up the kits?

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 28, 2009, 01:10:22 PM »
I am New to the whole script process, Does this work good? and if i leave it running what are the chances its going to pick up the kits?

It works good. 100% chance it will pick up the kits.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline box

• New User
  • Activity:
    0%
  • box has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 01, 2009, 01:04:04 PM »
When I try and Run this script Mind you i am Completely new to this I have troubles, I am Doing the Fletching Set it all and then am ready to go but then says that I don't have any ingots in the beetle or tinker tools and stops working. Why is this? I just thought it would use the Fletching Kits in my secure or something like that or am I completely doing something wrong?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #326 on: April 01, 2009, 01:12:48 PM »
Just try putting some tinker tools in your pack.  And perhaps some ingots.  Just play with it until it works.. ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline kenshin87

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • kenshin87 has no influence.
  • Respect: +35
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 11, 2009, 03:24:18 PM »
great script have used this before i stopped. i started back up again with a bit of trouble getting it started but i have  been able to obtaint the proper information on it all. thanks a lot for having the script.

Offline mattperea

• Activity:
    0%
  • mattperea has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 12, 2009, 01:19:30 PM »
The script is awesome so far, Thank you!!

Offline Elite331

• Activity:
    0%
  • Elite331 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 15, 2009, 05:06:33 PM »
Im sorry if this is a newbie question, but I cant for the life of me figure out how ?load? the rails into the rail engine? i jsut dont get what the menu is that pops up or how i get things loaded to start walking?

Post Merge: April 15, 2009, 06:05:55 PM
Does this need to be ran with Script Uo...or is it compatiable with EasyUo?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 06:05:55 PM by Elite331 »