Author Topic: Screenshots from RIFT  (Read 23100 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Screenshots from RIFT
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2012, 12:21:11 PM »
+1
I've been doing the beta thing for the new Rift expansion.  Man, it's pretty darn cool!

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Forgot about E3:

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Give it a whirl, it's free to play for the 1st 20 levels.  And no, you can't play my closed beta account.  ;)

Don't forget to click the link through my siggy go I can get free lootz!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 12:31:09 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2012, 10:07:59 AM »
+1
Thanks to the person that used my Rift link code!  I got some nice freebees.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2012, 06:33:51 PM »
+1
Storm Legion is live!  Time to boost my characters to 60th!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2012, 09:00:31 AM »
+1
I'll give rift another go!!!!   What server are you playing on TM?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2012, 09:16:37 AM »
+1
I'm playing on Faeblight.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Guinness

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Guinness has no influence.
  • Crafting Your Wears Since 97
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
    • UO New Beginnings
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2012, 11:28:40 AM »
+1
nice. I play RIFT. I have a gatherer crafter on there as well. Been many moons since I've played it though =\ I also play LoL
Community Experience Manager
LIVE Streaming Pros
Guinness Of Atlantic
Owner Of UONewBeginnings

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2012, 09:00:38 AM »
+1
Trixta joined my guild and was PvPing like mad there for a bit.  I still haven't PvPed much with it, but people seem to like the system pretty well.

I'm just mad because they broke the only method to macro fish.  (shhh, I wrote my own that works better than the well known one.. don't tell anyone)  heh
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2012, 04:28:10 PM »
+1
Trixta joined my guild and was PvPing like mad there for a bit.  I still haven't PvPed much with it, but people seem to like the system pretty well.

I'm just mad because they broke the only method to macro fish.  (shhh, I wrote my own that works better than the well known one.. don't tell anyone)  heh

TrailMyx:  Cheaty fisherman in every MMORPG.  All your fish are belong to him.

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2012, 03:12:44 PM »
+1
LOL I logged in today to get my pvp on and no TM  *cries*     I been busy at work so I have not logged in for  a week or so

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2012, 10:08:50 AM »
+1
I haven't been on for the last 2 days all that much.  I'm just about to level to 60 too!  Darn grind....  But I'm looking forward to leveling my rogue next.  Then my mage....  Then my other cleric.  lol

TrailMyx:  Cheaty fisherman in every MMORPG.  All your fish are belong to him.

lol, yes I do like to automate the fishing thing!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2012, 01:36:05 PM »
+1
I played Rift for a bit.  It felt (I know you already addressed this in the thread) a bit to WoWish for me.  I never liked nor got much into WoW.  I don't like the idea of leveling up and grinding instances for gear.  I LOVED the skill tree though.  That was fun- Building a DPS Chloro or a Complete Healing Chloro, etc..  I had high levels of all characters when I quit.  In honesty-I made no friends, It's not like UO.  I make friends all the time in UO... I feel the player base in Rift is full of trash talking kids for the most part and very few people actually talked to me.  I also wish there was more to the crafting side of Rift- Maybe it's changed in the last 6 months, I don't know, but Crafting felt like it was just an added feature tossed in to appease the notion of crafting as opposed to a good functional part of the game.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2012, 01:43:07 PM »
+1
Really it depends on getting a good a mature guild.  The guild I'm in now is fairly large and the people are all super nice.  Most of us are older so that maturity level is quite noticeable.

Yes, the skill tree is really great feature of Rift.  You can totally tweak your character to get good combinations of DPS, Healing and tanking.  You can even have full builds prepared so you can quickly switch from tank form to DPS monkey.  

Another nice addition is the "standard" builds.  If you don't know what you want to do, they have pre-approved named classes that automatically allocate points as you level.  So starting out can be pretty simple, because you can choose cleric "Steampunk" build and just start playing without doing much research.  Each class (warrior, cleric, rogue and mage) has 10-15 of each of these pre-packaged builds.

My feeling is that Rift tried to take the best features of the games so far.  They've even taken some of the experience sharing ideas from GW2.  By far, Rift is the most actively developed of any MMO that I know of.  Weekly events and new content all the time, and this has been happening since the original release.  So far it doesn't feel like they are just milking the cash cow now.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 01:45:10 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2012, 02:10:07 PM »
+1
Maybe after I get my dissertation wrapped up, I'll give it another go.  I really did love the tree, and yeah, I used the build saving feature.  The standard build idea is certainly not something I was around for.  I can't remember which one I had anymore, but either the chloro or the rogue had a fun tanking build (I think chloro tank did, worked through mitigation), and I enjoyed the DPS build of my mage.  AOE dmg like mad.  :)  That part was fun.  I just really wished I had gotten into a fun guild or something because the instances I was in was just ridiculously full of trash talk.  :/ 
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2012, 03:22:11 PM »
+1
We have enough players in our guild to run 20-man raids without opening it up to noobs.  So you get used to playing with the other peeps.  Rift raids are so hard though, so it takes practice and coordination.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline ZigZagZebra

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ZigZagZebra has no influence.
  • Respect: +12
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2015, 01:46:44 PM »
+1
I know it's been awhile on this thread, but yall still playing rift?

I fired up an account a little while back, didn't get very far, but may get back into it.

Tags: