Author Topic: NObama's Tally Thread  (Read 16003 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: NObama's Tally Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 09:44:45 AM »
your gonna hate me... I've only done the spawn once, I was needed the essence, didn't even know the plate came from that spawn. some d-bag ran up and started killing my renowned low and behold, I got the plate, I didn't know it was such a hot item till I saw how others where selling it for on searchuo. 

Yep.  I add you to my revenge list.  Nice to know they are actually dropping, though.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 05:26:25 AM »
Just thought you might want to know how bad the RNG can be. I figure I conservativly did 120 tikkitavi's before I FINALLY got my Basilisk Hide...I finally got it yesterday after MONTHS of trying for it.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 07:04:41 AM »
so last night i was walking around luna on GL an bought a berserkers breastplate for 150,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 05:13:54 PM »
so last night i was walking around luna on GL an bought a berserkers breastplate for 150,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You.  Did.  What?

My god, man.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2011, 05:27:43 PM »

OMFG!!!  That is insane

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2011, 06:02:14 PM »
Dont know if he mismarked it or he was just stupid but now i have one!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2011, 06:03:26 PM »
Dont know if he mismarked it or he was just stupid but now i have one!

Pssst.  How'd you like to make a cool 200K?  I'll buy that off you for 350!

;)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2011, 06:06:11 PM »
hehehehehe i keep telling you guys to play GL and id sell it for cheap to a friend! (But maybe not that cheap!)

Offline Dixie Wrecked

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dixie Wrecked has no influence.
  • Respect: +31
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2011, 07:59:35 PM »

I get great deals like that all the time, but only because people misprice items - Orny on Europa for 22 gp, 19 commodity deeds of 5k shadow iron for 4 gp each on Atlantic, 60k val ingots for 4 gp on Chessy, 2 commodity deeds of 60k bronze ingots for 4 gp each on Atlantic, dozens and dozens of BOD books on multiple shards for 22 gp each, and countless other comm deeds, arties, tokens, and other items, on just about every US and European shard, all mostly for default pricing! 
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2011, 08:24:52 PM »
I agree - but ya have to spend the time to look. Now if we could write a script to....

Offline Dixie Wrecked

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dixie Wrecked has no influence.
  • Respect: +31
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 09:31:57 PM »
I agree - but ya have to spend the time to look. Now if we could write a script to....

The script is technically already written, but I don't have a copy of it, as the search sites do it for me - I just looked on them and then logged in and made the necessary purchases whenever I would find mispriced items. 

As for writing a script that could be used independantly from those sites, it sounds like it could be an interesting project, and while I don't know how difficult it might be, it doesn't seem too impossible.  Logging in might be a little annoying, but it should be fairly simple overall, depending on how many shards would be searched, the method used to log-in, and the timer used to determine when to begin logging in each time (pretty much like a BOD timer, I would guess?).  The wandering part seems fairly simple, although I haven't done much with rails, but there is enough help out there for that.  Finding and opening the vendors also seems rather simple, although opening all the containers on the vendors might take a little more work.  And then the actual searching of items and their prices seems like it might be rather straightforward too, most likely by setting a list of items and high prices to pay, with the possibility of speeding up the scanning by ignoring items after an initial scan. 

Anyway, just brainstorming a little, as it sounds like a lucrative project, but I am a little hesitant to take on anything too big right now (personal issues), although once those are cleared up, I would be all over trying to work on a larger project like that!
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 04:45:47 PM »
And...back in the saddle.  0 for 18

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2011, 11:28:29 PM »
think i did 60-80 and got the breastplate of the beserker.   :D
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2011, 06:31:56 PM »
Didn't quite get to my target of 10 more this weekend.  0 for 26.

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2011, 11:39:17 PM »
Did 3 more renowned acid and got another breast plate of the beserker.  
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Tags: