Author Topic: My Rant and Rave for the day  (Read 3323 times)

Offline Outlaw Josey WalesTopic starter

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
My Rant and Rave for the day
« on: March 22, 2011, 07:05:41 AM »
So im planing to take my wife and daughter to texas so they can visit with my wifes biological dad.  I make the arangements for hotel and get set to go on this trip.  When my wifes biological dad calls ask me am i abel to bring a chair to sit on or does he need to provide one. I guess cause i have some weight on me hee thinks im to heavy for his furniture.  I was realy shocked by this.  I felt little bit discrimnated against just because i have some weight on me.  I for one have never sat down on anything that I thought wouldn t support my weight.  I have been very concious on what ever i sit on because if I fall I could run the risk of being paralized from the waist down.  Well even thow I felt discriminated against I took my wife and daughter down to texas to see him.  I spent the first night at the hotel and let my wife and child go out to his house.  The next day I go out to his house because wife said he wanted to know why I wasn t there.  I felt like telling him because your discriminating a hole but i didn t.  So I go out to the house spend the afternoon but I made dam shure I didn t go into his house.  It realy goaded me being there but I sucked it up and kept my mouth shut for my wife and daughters sake.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: My Rant and Rave for the day
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 08:09:26 AM »
It was definitely a gratuitious dig. Even if he was legitimately afraid that you would smash all of his furniture saying it to you was about hurting your feelings, not protecting his stuff. I think when relations feel the need to take a shot at you like that it's generally because they have some insecurity.  Maybe this guy feels threatened by you, or he wishes he had a close relationship with his daughter and is envious that you have a rapport with her that he will never have. He probably feels like crap that he was not a bigger part of her life. I am not making excuses for him, just trying to come up with some explanations that might help you let it go. I think its hard to ignore someone being an effing D-bag unless you can try to understand them a little.  That said, some people are just snake-mean or so broken that they can't be reached.  However, most people who act like this are being pre-emptive -- lashing out at you because they expect you to be critical of them.

I can't take credit for being able to do this myself, but I see a solution to it every time I go home.  One of my four sisters is really insecure around my wife.  We grew up with little in the way of social skills in my family.  My parents still can't remember to ask any of their nine kids anything about their lives when they see them. My sister didn't get very far beyond my parents' skill set, so that coupled with the insecurity explains why she lashes out at my wife in some way every time we see her.  My wife smiles at her and asks her how her daughter is doing in school, how her job is going, comments on her new hairstyle. (OK, I made that one up, my sister has had the same hair since we were kids, but you get the idea).  As a result, my family generally likes my wife better than they like me. That one sister still has issues, probably because everyone else likes my wife so much now... but it is what it is.  

My sister doesn't deserve to have my wife be nice to her any more than my wife deserves to take it on the chin every time she sees my sister -- and I don't imagine you think this guy deserves for you to be nice to him. But, its a really nice gift she gives me. If you can imagine doing something similar, think how nice it will be for your wife if this conflict just went away. Might be easier for you than you think.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 09:25:44 AM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 08:58:15 AM »
This was point on Paul. I was going to say something a little more upheaving but his was alot better and I agree totally.

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 02:12:08 PM »
I never let on that my fealings were hurt I kept my mouth shut treated him and his family with the up most respect for my wife and daughters sake. I told my wife that this trip isn t about me its about you and our daughter getting to know part of the family u never had the chance to know growing up. To make long story short my wife was never told that her dad wasn t her bioloical dad until I figured it out by knowing her birthday and when her dad got out of the service.  There was just no way he was her real dad so I then told my wife about this she went to her mother got the name I found the guy after year of serching hes nice guy I think but his wife has mental issue and is not pleased that I found him. Hes just caught in the middel and trying to keep the peace and have chance to get to know his long lost daughter and grandchild but his wife makes it hard with the constant jabs at me and she uses my weight as issue is just petty in my book.  I find myself iritated by it all but I guess i should keep my mouth shut but im just venting to keep from leting it get to me

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 02:15:53 PM »
Completely understand, nothing meant as a criticism from me, just figured I would try to help you make peace with it as best I know how.  Its always nice to have an outlet and if nothing else, I am always a candidate to take ten minutes out from work to listen.

... whether I have anything useful to say is another story.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 02:46:48 PM »
Yes by all means vent we all need it once in a while. If it is any help I think you are doing the right thing and are a better person by doing this for the family. AMEN !!

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 02:54:22 PM »
thanks for listing guys

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 03:19:40 PM »
My motto is:

Never Ever Never let other people's opinions bother you if they are full of crap!

It's always worked for me!

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 03:36:07 PM »
Completely understand, nothing meant as a criticism from me, just figured I would try to help you make peace with it as best I know how.  Its always nice to have an outlet and if nothing else, I am always a candidate to take ten minutes out from work to listen.

... whether I have anything useful to say is another story.
  none taken sir was just iritated when i was typing probley didn t explain it all like i should have

Tags: Rant