Author Topic: My Introduction  (Read 2485 times)

Offline uoovidTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • uoovid has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
My Introduction
« on: June 05, 2011, 01:51:26 PM »
After playing since 98' on various OSI/EA shards (Cats, Atlantic and later Legends).  When I first started there was such a different feel to the game;  I can remember running form the moongate to the gates of Moonglow hoping not to get killed.  Hunting in groups to ensure you were not easy pickings for the PKs.  I farmed the orc spawns in T2A to get the 100k I need to buy my first home.  Then trammel came, should have known it would hurt the game.  How many attempts did it take for the AOS housing Launch.   New Lands were introduced without thought to the old lands.  The development team changed more often them the seasons.  The game has become less of an entertainment and more of a second job;  items now are the basis of the game.  EM's do events to give out items, rather than deepen the context of the game.  I think the most recent changes to Mag, and the horrid High Seas expansion drove me out.  I have decided to switch to the more classic feel of free shards.  I think it may have been the developer Sunsword  that said at some pint EA would turn the shards over to the fan base;  I think they are doing that be making some many players quit.

My work in accounting limits the amount of time I have to dedicate to UO.   I have been playing on a few free player shards  and forgot how tedious the everyday activities of UO can be.   I have used razor and auto-it  to reduce some of the tedium, but hope to figure out how  to create scripts to lessen the drudgery of some of the activities in UO.  Before I earned my accounting degree I earned an associate's in CIS and took a few programming classes, though I doubt RPG (yes I am that old) will be much help.   Let me know if there is any additional information you would like. 

J. A. Ovid

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: My Introduction
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 02:14:29 PM »
Hello and thank you for the good intro. i am sure one of the Mods will be along shortly to remove your restricted status. I studied RPG and fortran both around that time period.  Look forward to seeing you on the site and do not become a stranger.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 04:08:20 PM »
Let me get you unrestricted.  That AOS land opening was a nightmare! 

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 04:19:27 PM »
Welcome!

Offline uoovidTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • uoovid has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 05:33:31 PM »
Let me get you unrestricted.  That AOS land opening was a nightmare! 

I just remember getting "telestormed" do a remote area, rinse and repeat several times. 

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 05:39:05 PM »
The one that I thought was hilarious was when they opened Trammel.  I remember having to run to the house placement site 2-3 times before I finally got my place down.  It wasn't ideal, but it was good enough.  I still have the place on Baja after all these years.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 06:42:53 PM »
welcome
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 11:27:05 AM »
Oh, the good old days.... But, to survive we have to improvise, adapt and overcome!  Several things that I don't like about the game now, but I have been playing since Beta and this game still draws me into it's clutches almost every day.

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mendacity13

• Activity:
    0%
  • mendacity13 has no influence.
    • View Profile
Housing Woes
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 04:43:51 AM »
I remember damn near crying with frustration after placing a house and having the server crash.....REPEATEDLY and didnt that happen for a 2 week span where they did a server revert a few times?  Ugh!  Im still pissed off just thinking about that and the lag that was involved too!  One second im sitting there ready to place next thing i know there were 4 large houses surrounding me.

Tags: