Author Topic: New Scriptuo follower  (Read 3675 times)

Offline pubpokeTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • pubpoke has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
New Scriptuo follower
« on: June 17, 2011, 05:36:50 AM »
Hello

I seemed to have failed on my first introduction! I then act as I usually do. Redo - do it right.

First I would like to start of with warning you that my english is not really good at the moment. Being away from online games really decrease my verbal- and writingskill.

My name is Martin, 25 and is currently working as a site manager for a construction site. I have always liked mixing and fixing with computers. Sometimes with a bit too much "learning by doing" I've set windows to two colors which made the entire screen black. I panicked and prayed that my father would not find out before I could fix it. I went into DOS at the age of 11 and fixed the colours. Wow how proud I was.
So after that incident I really didn't learn that much. You know the switch on the back of the computers that selects how high voltage you have going into the computer? I learned that when windows does not start It doesn't help to flip the switch. The only thing that happens is that the computer goes poof! Then it won't start..

So after tinkering with computers and doing some basic programming in Visual Basic, Q-basic, C and C+. I started playing Ultima online right before AOS was released. It took a few weeks of mining and training skills then I started grinding for money and items. I don't have that many memories from this time so I guess it was kinda dull. Mainly farming money and looking gelously at the people who had gotten artifacts.

Then suddenly one thing that would change it all. There was a guy at Britt bank saying something along the lines "Enter this portal and I will give you my house and all the items in it". Ofc the gate led to fell. I hesitated as during this time it was a common thing for gankers to do. Have an un-guilded friend say something with "free" and then all the trammies would enter the gate where ten reds where waiting behind a wall of bagballs.
However this time I felt that this wasn't a scam so when the first gate disappeared I thought I made a huge misstake not taking the oppertunity. What if this guy would actually give me his house!
Then suddenly the gate reopened! I quickly jumped into it and arrived at a huge 18x18 house filled with nice items. Me the guy who made the gate and another person where there.
After sitting there quietly for a few minutes the other person who also took a leap of faith and entered the gate screamed out in joy. He got the house! Filled with items! I was so mad that I didn't enter the gate from the start.
I was getting ready to recall out when the person who just gave his house away started talk to me. He asked me "So would you like a veteran account, I've played since the release"
I got so excited! The login information where sent to me and I remember the first time I logged into the account. I was so excited I where shaking! BOOM mage with powerscrolls, tamer, crafter, PK, dexxer. Finally I had the means to really take revenge on those pesky pk's who always killed my 4x GM character!

So after this I started to do some serious champhunting. This lead to the best experience I've ever had in onlinegaming.

Have you guys seen "Athene - best paladin in the world"? Ye that guy. I know you hate him right? Well he is actually one of the smartest and most skilled people I've ever played with. This is the story of how I met Athen(a) (This is what he was called on Europe during his ultima online career)

So Athena, the menace of Europe. Usually riding around Yew with his Axe of the heavens 1 hitting people. He never turned red though. He just attacked his pet went grey and waited for the gang of brave blues to attack him and then kill them all, solo.
I also hated this Athena, overpowered arti-noskiller. Always killed me if I went grey. Though one day during a champ spawn he ran in solo to Terra Sanctum while I where there and the blues instantly started attacking him. I thought it would be fun to help him out abit and started healing him. To make a long battle a short story we owned that spawn and started chatting abit afterwards.

This led into a new guild with Athena, some mates and PAD (Very notorious pvper on Europe) and ofc me! The only person without any arties. After some times the guild grew into "Artifact infantry". We raided champspawns 24/7 and grew in power. There is so much to tell about this time but I wont as it's mainly pvping and having alot of fun.

Sadly the guild got powerhungry when the blue forces started to unite against us. This was quite abit after the original guild where created. So me and a few of the core players started our own stealth ninja guild. We actually got paid by our old guild of AI if we would not destroy their championspawns. (We where 5-8 stealth archers with composite bows instakilling the same target then hid 1 second after, we took out entire guilds this way)

Then mondains legacy hit and we all stopped playing. Now there where artifacts where ever you turned your eyes. Got tired of it.

So thats a real short summary of my uo days. Easyuo I've used almost the entire time I've played the game. Have mainly been changing code and not writing anything from scratch.
Now that I've put the pking days behind me I've gotten more intressted in coding and while searching the web I found this homepage and thought I might look into it.

If there are any players on these boards that wanna talk memories or anything from the awesome days of uo feel free to pm.

/Cogline
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 09:40:13 AM by pubpoke »

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: New Scriptuo follower
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 05:58:49 AM »
Hi Pubpoke -

We like to see a little more meat in our intros before we unrestrict you and give you the keys to the kingdom.

Thanks.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 09:21:51 AM »
Members of PITA need not apply..we like MEAT!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 10:44:47 AM »
MUCH better introduction!

Welcome to the site.

BTW, if your English is rusty, then I must be typing in Farsi.  Good show!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 10:59:12 AM »
Nice intro. I especially like this part.  I almost spewed drink all over my monitor. :)

So after that incident I really didn't learn that much. You know the switch on the back of the computers that selects how high voltage you have going into the computer? I learned that when windows does not start It doesn't help to flip the switch. The only thing that happens is that the computer goes poof! Then it won't start..

If you where worried before, i bet you where really scared after that. From previous issues I am going to say that alot of smoke came about after the switch was flipped. LMAO !! Great read. My hat is off to your intro.

Also you finished your intro with the signature of cogline. Fan of terry brooks?

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 11:13:32 AM »
Now THAT was one of the best second try's I've seen in a while.

Welcome to ScriptUO!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 07:52:55 PM »
A
Warm
Welcome

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 08:37:08 PM »
kick ass!  nice intro and welcome to the site.

Offline pubpokeTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • pubpoke has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 10:15:10 PM »
Nice intro. I especially like this part.  I almost spewed drink all over my monitor. :)

If you where worried before, i bet you where really scared after that. From previous issues I am going to say that alot of smoke came about after the switch was flipped. LMAO !! Great read. My hat is off to your intro.

Also you finished your intro with the signature of cogline. Fan of terry brooks?

Haha! I was still quite young so I just completley denied that I knew anything about the gunpowder smell in the house (I did however switch the flip back before running away, playing innocent)

The funny thing about Cogline is that it was the crafter of the account I was given. During these times there was no namechange so I just went with that instead. The name I've then used ever since. I have learned that it is from Terry brooks books. Havn't gotten around to read them yet though.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 11:11:39 AM »
Best set of fantasy books ever written !!

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 02:05:06 PM »
WOW...NOW THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!  That..my friends..is the MEAT!!!!!!!

Most welcome and fantastic story!

Tags: