Author Topic: Mining, Human or Elf?  (Read 30257 times)

Offline tasslehoff

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • tasslehoff has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mining, Human or Elf?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 12:36:16 PM »
To my knowledge,

Elves get more of the rare resources, so if a human would be mining on a valorite spot, he would get 6 valorite and 20 iron, while the elf would get 10 valorite and 12 for example. Elves get lesser resources then humans overall, althou the difference isnt really big. Gems has nothing to do with elves or human. I always use humans just cos they can carry more and dont waste that much time recalling around.
actually you have a higher chance of getting gems with a elf for mining.i have tested it out.i  have a human miner on one shard and a elf one on another and there is a big diffrence  in gems received.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 06:07:55 AM »
Elves receive an increase to their chance of acquiring special resources such as colored ore when mining or special boards when lumberjacking

Human characters will have a chance to get extra ore with each dig, while Elves have an increased chance of harvesting special ore types from colored veins (as opposed to finding colored veins).

Humans have an increased carrying capacity above what is determined by their strength.
Carry an additional 60 Stones of weight

Humans have a better chance at finding more resources while gathering hides, ore and lumber.
+1 Logs in Trammel
+2 Logs in Felucca
+1 Ore when mining at random
Additional hides

Offline pwner

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • pwner has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 01:22:01 PM »
I really like the humans.. Too more weight supported..

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 09:36:10 PM »
Human all the way. Crank out those Ingots per Hour Baby
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, 11:40:29 PM »
Doesn't matter if your lj'ing and using the beetle jacker....err, so im told.... ;)
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 02:41:53 AM »
It totally matters.

Output = Amount / Time

if your Amount Increases and your time is the same then your Output Increases.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Ozzy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Ozzy has no influence.
  • My Boys
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 01:59:59 PM »
all my miners are Human.....and i get tons of gems...so im thinkin hmmm maybe make half elf and see what happens

Offline nataneq

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • nataneq has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 02:16:57 PM »
When it comes about Lumberjacking human gets more logs but have a lower chance to get special type of wood. Elfs got higher chance to catch Yew, Ash, Heartwood etc logs. So at the beginning it's good to use human because you need planty wood for training fletcher, carpentry etc you will get wood just faster. After you become GM with carpentry, flecther and lumberjacking its good to change race by quest, because at this point it's better to  have higher change of getting special resources than ~2 more logs per chop.

Tags: