Author Topic: Double Charges On GM Made Tools  (Read 8105 times)

Offline UoLugnutzTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • UoLugnutz has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Double Charges On GM Made Tools
« on: January 30, 2012, 12:46:32 PM »
When making tools like tinker tools / tongs / saws / skillets etc. or anything thing that allows a GM mark option there is a simple little trick to double the charges.

Step 1 - Open your craft menu set it to " Prompt for Mark "
Step 2 - Make the item and will be asked " Do you wish to to place your maker's mark on the item? ". Before you hit yes click the item made once to see what the current charges are then hit yes on the pop up menu and watch the charges double!
Step 3 - Show me Vast Reputation and Grand Eliteness :)

Its actually a very old bug that I just remembered about when making skillets to train up a cook and still works as of yesterday. Hope it can be helpful to someone else.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Double Charges On GM Made Tools
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 07:21:44 PM »
I'd forgotten it myself!
Thanks for the reminder!

Now if only one of the masters could make a script for this!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 06:47:25 AM »
Ha! Nice one, I actually had never heard that before. I'm going to have to play around and see if an update to some of my scripts may be in order.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 07:03:23 AM »
Be a nice addition to any mining script
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 07:03:33 AM »
+1 rep from me, I had no idea about this, Thanks!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 07:50:10 AM »
Cool Idea:-) Thanks for Sharing..

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 06:17:16 PM »
Thanks for the little write up bud.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 04:49:49 AM »
Still experimenting with this but.....

It seems your GM made tool can make something as low as 27 uses, so then it doubles...not so "big a deal"  I can make tinker tools with 150 uses WITHOUT using this meathod, but I have not made a tool over 108 uses USING this meathod. I would suggest more experimenting before people change thier scripts.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline UoLugnutzTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • UoLugnutz has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 05:34:41 AM »
I have noticed also that items with misc. charges can be lower sometimes but have made some really nice ones. Items with set charges like shovels for example will always double which is were things like mining scripts may be changed.
Also you can have your menu to auto mark just click any of the same item before you make the next and it will still double. Things like shovels are obvious as the charges will go to 100. So if adding to a script just a click any shovel in backpack then make another shovel next and should be doubled. Ill do some more testing too.

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 02:02:49 PM »
might be nice if its reducing time spent crafting for mining scripts.

Offline Tommy Boy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Tommy Boy has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 03:59:11 PM »
I tried this.  It doesn't seem to work for shovels.  In the end I get 100 uses on the shovels.

With "prompt for mark" I get shovels with 50 uses that double to 100 uses.  When set at "mark" or "do not mark" the shovels have 100 uses.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 05:56:43 PM »
I tried this.  It doesn't seem to work for shovels.  In the end I get 100 uses on the shovels.

With "prompt for mark" I get shovels with 50 uses that double to 100 uses.  When set at "mark" or "do not mark" the shovels have 100 uses.

is your tinkerer at 100.0 tinkering?

Offline Tommy Boy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Tommy Boy has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 06:13:32 PM »

Yes he is.  He makes exceptional tools and can mark them.  I tried it on two different GM tinkers on an EA shard.  Using either method still only gets 100 uses.

It does double but the shovel I craft and dbl clk on, before hitting the "yes" button, only has 50 uses.  It then has 100 uses.  I get the same 100 uses without doing this anyway.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 04:04:04 AM »

Yes he is.  He makes exceptional tools and can mark them.  I tried it on two different GM tinkers on an EA shard.  Using either method still only gets 100 uses.

It does double but the shovel I craft and dbl clk on, before hitting the "yes" button, only has 50 uses.  It then has 100 uses.  I get the same 100 uses without doing this anyway.

Sounds like it does indeed work, just that it isn't necessary with shovels. The exceptional shovel is supposed to have 100 charges but if you choose not to mark it then it will only have 50. Very odd mechanics, seems a little pointless to have that code in there - why not simplify things and make all non-exceptional tools half of an exceptional tool, period. Why relate it to marking the tool at all unless that is the only way they can tell that a tool is exceptional lol.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 07:08:24 AM »
I am thinking it does NOT work. Every shovel I make with 100 tinkering (and a +27 talisman) is a 100 use shovel (when NOT marking/or prompting for a mark) as soon as I go to "prompt for mark" my shovels drop to 50 use shovels upon making them, and then go back to 100 after the prompt. So, it is a unnecessary step. The same with tinker tools I have been making....without the "prompt trick" I can make tools very consistantly that have 100+ uses.....(which would seem to say that had I used the "prompt trick" they would have been 200+ uses) but yet using the "prompt trick" I have NEVER made a tool over 140 uses total. 70 "pre-prompt" + 70 after prompt.

This bug does not work :)

Tags: