Author Topic: UOP to MUL converter - The De-convolver  (Read 24591 times)

Offline Skandranon

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Skandranon has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: UOP to MUL converter - The De-convolver
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2012, 05:29:28 PM »
So I was able to get it to partially work. The problem I am having is that my custom map (currently map0.mul) is partially loaded and part of the Legacymap0mul.uop is loaded. Im kinda lost as this is my first time using a custom map. Any advice you might have?

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2012, 06:49:10 PM »
Well I pretty much convinced myself that the deconvolver is broken.  I spent a little bit of time looking into the binaries of the files, and things are different.  I'll have to look around to see if anyone has investigated this further.  I probably won't have much time until the weekend anyhow.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2012, 09:17:54 PM »
On my Windows 7 VM the file path and registry are as follows. (This was installed about a month ago)

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\client.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORIGIN WORLDS ONLINE\ULTIME ONLINE\1.0

When I run the Deconvolver I get the following error (same error regardless of admin):

I beleive the error if from running the deconvolver while you have the client open.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2012, 05:15:06 AM »
So I am here today and finally have a chance to get back into UO, but I am finding some of the same results for tiles. Does anyone currently have a fix or any ideas that they are using to be able to mine or work with tiles?

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2012, 05:44:46 AM »
So I am here today and finally have a chance to get back into UO, but I am finding some of the same results for tiles. Does anyone currently have a fix or any ideas that they are using to be able to mine or work with tiles?

You have re-install the old map*.mul files.    UO wont use them, but euo will.  You put then in the client.exe directory.     Their is a drop box link further back in this thread and if that copy doesnt work for you i have a different copy that worked for me.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2012, 06:35:12 AM »

You have re-install the old map*.mul files.    UO wont use them, but euo will.  You put then in the client.exe directory.     Their is a drop box link further back in this thread and if that copy doesnt work for you i have a different copy that worked for me.

I could have missed it, but I hate being wrong so went back through this thread and only found one link which is to the deconvolver. Could you post a link to the ones you are using EN?

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2012, 12:28:02 PM »

I could have missed it, but I hate being wrong so went back through this thread and only found one link which is to the deconvolver. Could you post a link to the ones you are using EN?

Well mine arnt on the webz... but heres links to 2 other copies ... try both let me know if neither work for you and i'll get mine on the webz

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=9536.msg82000#msg82000

http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34941&p=401800&hilit=mulfiles#p401800

Offline Guinness

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Guinness has no influence.
  • Crafting Your Wears Since 97
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
    • UO New Beginnings
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2012, 01:00:42 PM »
are you all speaking greek? I no understand what you say. My greek is not so good looking : ::)
Community Experience Manager
LIVE Streaming Pros
Guinness Of Atlantic
Owner Of UONewBeginnings

Offline MarcusO

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • MarcusO has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2012, 02:53:17 PM »
Hi TM,

Can you please re-post the .UOP to .MUL converter? The link doesn't seem to work anymore :(

Also...how many bytes did you have to strip off for conversion of artidx.mul?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2012, 06:03:31 PM »
Hi TM,

Can you please re-post the .UOP to .MUL converter? The link doesn't seem to work anymore :(

Thanks in advance,

Mark

You need to post an intro to see downloadable files.

Offline ximan

• Activity:
    0%
  • ximan has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2012, 09:37:42 AM »
Hi TM,

Thanks in advance,

Mark

I don't think the conversion process is as straightforward as was earlier believed.  With regard to the artidx.mul file, I'd be surprised if you can simply 'strip off' the initial uop header (haven't looked at it, however it's not possible with other (map) .uop files due to headers on individual chunks within them).

While TrailMyx might have updated his deconvolver, the download link doesn't appear to point to anything at the moment.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2012, 03:02:04 PM »
Ximan is right, the original offset was really only for the initial version after the change to UOP.  As UO was patched, the files seemed to become more corrupted.  The converter "works", but the resulting files were becoming more and more corrupted. 

There probably won' be an update to this; I don't want to become zen with the inner workings of those file formats.  Ximan has a great working knowledge of the formats now.  Hopefully Cheffe can use his input and expertise to make it so this won't be needed going into the future.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2013, 09:03:23 AM »
Why do I picture myself sacrificing stuff on an alter & hoping "the gods" make it all well?  = P

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2013, 07:04:57 AM »
Why do I picture myself sacrificing stuff on an alter & hoping "the gods" make it all well?  = P

We must not be using enough goat blood!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2013, 07:08:04 AM »

We must not be using enough goat blood!

Goats !!! Its got to be a lack of celestial virgins.

Tags: