Author Topic: Travesty Made Easy - Seeriusly  (Read 12926 times)

Offline seeriuslyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • seeriusly has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Travesty Made Easy - Seeriusly
« on: December 27, 2011, 02:35:04 PM »
Solo Travesty with Disco Tamer & Necro Weaver

Interested in collecting Marks of Travesty?  Or are you just tired of being able to solo everything BUT Travesty?  It's no big deal really...  I do this on 2 computers...  And have done it hundreds of times with ease.  You could use 2 clients on one computer just as easily.  If you know Travesty, and you know when she spawns ninjas and Black Order Assassins/Mages...  I can get her down to that amount of life before the room keys expire.I have been reluctant to give out my secret, but nobody is ever doing Travesty anymore, and I noticed a request on the SUO boards for a walkthrough.  So here it is in all it's glory. Once I got through writing this entire walkthrough, I decided... WOW this makes it sound so hard to do.  It isn't hard...  But it may take you a couple times to get it right, just be patient.

What you will need to kill Travesty.

2 Characters:

1 Tamer- with at least:
120 music
120 disco
110 Taming
110 Lore

This character won't do anything but set the dragon and disco Travesty.  You really don't need disco, but speeds it up a few minutes. 
Might as well have a luck statue and a luck suit to change into before Travesty dies.

1 Mage-  (Variations in skill caps may still work out, this is what I use.)
120 Mage, Med, Eval Int, Necro, Spellweaving, SpiritSpeak

Your mage should be equipped with the following:
-High SDI ( I use the 30% SDI, MR3 General Spellbook from the invasion event) + ring + HOM + POM
-High Mana Regen ( as much as possible always helps )
-As much lower Mana cost as possible
-As much Mana/INT as possible always helps too.
-A level 6 spellweaving focus
-Spellweaving spells: Attunement, Gift of Life & Renewal, Arcane Empowerment, Word of Death
-Mage spells: Protection (at the end), Flamestrike, Energy Vortex
-Necro spells: Wraith form, Summon Familiar (wisp for mana), Corpse Skin, Wither 

This character will simply empower, corpse skin, flamestrike, cast EV's and heal dragon with gift of renewal.  But when Travesty is almost dead, the mage is who kills her.  I will explain that in a bit.

You will also need 1 Trained Greater Dragon.
And you will need to obtain the quest "Black Order Badges" from Sarakki the Notary outside of Britain's Library to gain access to the Citadel.

The Citadel Entrance

There will be a crate somewhere near these 2 buildings which moves around a little bit, but is in this vicinity.  Click the crate to enter the Citadel.

Collecting the keys:
You will need a Yellow Key, Blue Key, and a Red Key to enter Travesty's Room.  They look like ship keys, just different hues.

Where to find these keys:

Yellow Key:
-- Click hidden door at yellow 1>
-- Go down the stairs at yellow 2>
-- Kill Black Order High Executioner at yellow 3> for chance at yellow key drop

Blue Key:
-- Click switch at blue  1>  (I use telekinesis instead of running back and forth from door)
-- Click hidden door at blue <2
-- Head down stairs at blue 3>
-- Click hidden door at blue 4>
-- Kill Black Order Master Thief at blue 5> for chance at blue key drop

Red Key:  Learn the map, cause it's a nightmare getting through if you aren't prepared for what's down those halls.  Leave your dragon inside the Citadel at the front, and relog to get it to come back to the red key room.
-- Click hidden door at red 1>
-- Get ready to run, invis, peacemake, or something to save your ass, cause it ain't pretty to the next area. go down stairs at red 2a> and haul ass to red 3> and click door fast.
-- RUN to red 4> and dive down stairs
-- Take a breather, heal up, use honor, precast invis and RUN down stairs at red 5> and invis when you get to red 6> . this is where you want to relog to get your dragon back. There will be mages popping out all over the place.  Kill the Grand Mage at red 6> for a chance at the red key.  His corpse will say "human corpse"

Once you have all the keys, and are ready to fight Travesty.
-- From the red key room take the hidden door right there and go up the stairs at the green <1
-- Head up stairs at Green 2>
-- Party up your other chars, and drop keys on the table at green <3

And you're in!  WHEW!

I usually hide both chars and the dragon before clicking okay to enter Travesty's lair.  You can either party your characters, or just give them each a key to get in.  It is impossible to do Travesty with only one of those characters, so DON'T FORGET!

Here is where it gets a little tricky, and if you screw it up, it's over.  Might as well just leave and try again.  If Travesty sees you, you will be turned to fairy dust. Not really, but you catch my drift.  There is a certain distance to where you can get to, and not let Travesty see you, yet you can still cast spells on her and she won't come after you.  It is pretty much at the red dresser seen in the pic. STAY BEHIND THAT IMAGINARY LINE! OR ITS OVER!

THIS NEXT STEP IS VITAL!!!

With your tamer, run up to imaginary line with all kill target up and ready to hit control+shift and target Travesty's Tag.
IMMEDIATELY say, "ALL STOP" then "ALL STAY" then "ALL FOLLOW" Target Travesty, then "ALL KILL" Target Travesty.

If you don't do this, your dragon will run off when Travesty invises, causing her to chase the dragon and commense to ripping your characters up.  This is the most important part of this technique!!  If you can't set the dragon, and Travesty moves from the center spot, like i said, just leave.  And come back to try again because you will never make it work. (unless she doesn't spot your chars which is unlikely, and fatal with a bard around.)

Once you have your dragon locked on her, take your mage... walk up one tile at a time, while trying to target travesty. You need to get on the farthest tile away while still being able to cast spells on her. (the imaginary line) Once you are in range, this is your task.

The mage's task:
--  Keep EV's up at all times to kill off Travesty's Mirror Images
--  Cast Gift of Renewal on Dragon and heal as needed.
--  In Wraith Form, cast arcane empowerment (for SDI bonus), corpse skin, and then flamestrike her until empowerment expires.  Repeat these steps until she is ready for Word Of Death.
She is ready for WOD when her life passes the "t" in her life bar.

These steps are vital also.
--  Take your tamer towards the entrance of the Lair, and keep them hidden until Travesty's dead.  Don't forget to keep the tamer hidden.
--  Once Travesty is ready for WOD there are some preparations you will need to make before she jumps, and spawns all her buddies.
--  Make sure you can cast gift Of Renewal on your Dragon before Travesty runs off. Or it will not make it.
--  Cast 2 fresh Energy Vortex on Travesty
--  Cast Gift Of Life on your mage in case you eat bamboo gozas, or once again, it may be over.
--  Cast Attune, empower, make sure protection is on, RIGHT before she jumps and spawns ninjas, cast your last WOD and get ready to chase her and cast WOD until she dies.  If you can't do this in time, she will gain life, and spawn ninjas again, and again, so dont let her out of your sight.

Here she is about to jump away, and spawn her little buddies:

Your dragon will follow her, but will be getting attacked by 6-8 other assasins, mages, and ninjas.  You should hide so everything attacks dragon, then WOD Travesty until she's dead.

As you can see, My dragon died in the first pic because I had my tamer near, and she discod my mage. All hell broke loose for a minute.

And there you have it.  Looks harder than it really is, but it's easy for me.  You can now be on your way to collecting the Marks of Travesty.

**TIPS**
--  KILL all the spawn, in case you are coming back in for another round.  There are 4 elite ninjas, and 4 assasin/mages total 8 reds that spawn.  If you don't kill Travesty in time, she spawns 8 more, and 8 more and so on.

--  There are quest items, that can only be found in Travesty's Lair.  They look like a Bulk Order Deed, and are found along the West hallway.  When you pick the first one, wait and there may be another one that instantly spawns somewhere around there also.  If you do more than one Travesty in a row, only one will spawn. Click that and take it to Sarakki the Notary outside of Britain's Library.

--  ALSO: The "Orders of Minax" can be used ONCE per character.  It's loot from Travesty and can be turned in as a quest item to Sarakki. You have to accept a quest from her to do so. Mark the orders as quest item, and turn in for 3 boxes of junk, sometimes it's pretty good junk though.

--  I usually take another warrior character to the key drop table.  You can hand keys over the water if you are in the right spot. Just speeds it up, and it's hell getting through the halls sometimes, i'd just assume to set it up that way, but I'm lazy like that.

Let us know how it goes!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Travesty Made Easy - Seeriusly
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 02:36:16 PM »
Holy Cow!  What a great write-up! Thank you for this!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 04:18:05 PM »
Thanks for the write up. I have never done travesty and this have given me the ideas I need to try it.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 05:10:08 PM »
The only exhausting part is getting the keys, it can be a pain waiting for them to drop sometimes.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 06:29:30 PM »
Ultima and I have a similar method for doing it, but it involves multiple accounts with Mystic Stealth Mages.  This way seems easier, but really easy to screw up too.  I may try it.

I'm a little confused:  At the end, will your dragon survive all those monsters or will you need to keep healing the pet while you WOD?  Seems like you wouldn't have time for both before Travesty heals and spawns 8 more of the little bastards.

Good write up, with good pics to illustrate!  +Rep.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 07:35:52 PM »
Lol, I used to have scripts for setting up four accounts gathering keys in each room. All Dexxers.

One Would Do the Blue Room,
Another would do the Yellow Room.
last two would take on the Orange Room.

To Top it all off was a script that would sort the Keys in a seperate bag based on Timer Remaining.

I used to do 10 Travesties A day....... Which was why I failed calculus. 
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 09:36:42 PM »
Absolutely a killer write-up.  Clicking that heart symbol to add to your rep.  Well done.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 09:45:59 PM »
Very Nice write up Seeriusly.

What was the time ETD (Estimated Time of Death) once you had all the keys and entered Travesty's Lair?

I've done it solo on my sampire and then also solo with the Super Sleuth Mystic/Ninjitsu/Stealth/Spellweaver but it took 90 mins.

I've also done it on 4 accounts using the same Sleuth template it took approximately 20-25 minutes. 4 RC's on Travesty and smokebomb, stealth and WoD at the end FTW.

All I ever used to play was a tamer however since the introduction of Mysticism and the Rising Collusus I rarely feel like dragging around a greater Dragon.

Seems like with Travesty there are a variety of methods to get the job done.

Pirate Roberts did a nice write up here at ScriptUO as well using primarily Essence of Wind + Greater Dragon.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 05:31:08 AM »

I'm a little confused:  At the end, will your dragon survive all those monsters or will you need to keep healing the pet while you WOD?  Seems like you wouldn't have time for both before Travesty heals and spawns 8 more of the little bastards.

First off, it is really easy to set your dragon using this technique.  I just had to over emphasize that if you can't, it's over.
It only takes 4-5 more WODS to finish her off at the end.  The dragon has plenty of life.  The dragon only dies if you forget to hide your tamer, and Travesty changes into a bard and peaces or discos you.  Not to mention, the only dragons I tame have near perfect resists so they are always fine.

What was the time ETD (Estimated Time of Death) once you had all the keys and entered Travesty's Lair?

Well, I am usually ready for Word Of Death maybe 30-60 seconds after the keys expire.  The keys expire in 6 minutes, so I'd say a bad one would take me 15 minutes.  Probably 10-12 for an average one.

Glad you guys enjoyed the walkthrough.  Hope it will make the impossible more possible.  Because it's really really easy! - Seeriusly

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 06:11:47 AM »
That is a super write up. 
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 08:39:27 AM »
....Because it's really really easy! - Seeriusly
HAR HAR HAR.  :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Neo

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +155
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 04:02:10 PM »
Very nice write-up! I'll be sure to try this out as soon as I find the time!

Thank you!
Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

Tags: Travesty Citadel