Author Topic: Raspberry Pi  (Read 71894 times)

Offline UOMaddogTopic starter

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Re: Raspberry Pi
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2012, 04:27:01 PM »
Urgh...now I want to trade mine in!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2012, 04:28:32 PM »
Heh, at $35/each, I can afford to have a couple laying around.  These stream my normal DVDs great - zero problems.  This new one is interesting because of the debugger support.  I'm very interested in that!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2012, 05:02:29 PM »
This is the one that I purchased. Which one did you purchase TM? The one That I have already has all these features on the board.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2012, 05:12:31 PM »
You may have gotten the very first version of the Rev B.  I only have  one with 256Mb.  Are you sure you have the rev B?  I thought you've had yours for a weekish?

If you pull up XBMC, you can see how much free memory you have.  Mine is around 112MB
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2012, 05:24:07 PM »
I have had mine like 2 weeks and yes mine is the revision B with just under 256 mb and purchased from newark but it was back ordered for a week or 2 so maybe mine was from the new product line??

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2012, 05:35:45 PM »
Well mine is pretty obvious because I don't have those new mounting holes.  Oh well, it's not gonna break the bank.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline UOMaddogTopic starter

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2012, 07:35:22 PM »
That's the beauty of this board! I can buy another one (though I wanted 2 to begin with so now I guess I'll end up with 3 total) and can probably squeeze it in without my wife complaining too much about my tech expenditures
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2012, 03:45:18 AM »
TM, definitely keep us updated on the new board. I'm following this thread with great interest! I would MUCH rather sink my $$ into LAN storage instead of yet another PC for the Home Entertainment System.

One thing I'd be especially curious about is emulator support. My intention was to shift all my emulation over to the HES.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2012, 07:13:03 AM »
there's a bunch of threads regarding emulation.  What platforms are you interested in?

Oh, I just started playing around with the Linux distro (Raspian).  This thing is just too darn cool.  I remember back to my Sinclair ZX-81 and can only be amazed at the progress we've achieved.  Blessed art thou Broadcom!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:51:46 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2012, 07:14:15 PM »
there's a bunch of threads regarding emulation.  What platforms are you interested in?

Oh, I just started playing around with the Linux distro (Raspian).  This thing is just too darn cool.  I remember back to my Sinclair ZX-81 and can only be amazed at the progress we've achieved.  Blessed art thou Broadcom!

zx-81   ...    ;D
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2012, 07:18:30 PM »
I spent my lunch today surfing the web using the RPi and Raspian Debian Linux.  Was very usable; quite amazing actually.

Hey, I graduated to my Timex Sinclair 2068.  I had a friend loan me his VIC-20 also.  That was fun; loved the graphics capabilities.  Man, I've been a nerd for a long time.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline freddy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • freddy has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2012, 08:54:32 PM »
I spent my lunch today surfing the web using the RPi and Raspian Debian Linux.  Was very usable; quite amazing actually.

Hey, I graduated to my Timex Sinclair 2068.  I had a friend loan me his VIC-20 also.  That was fun; loved the graphics capabilities.  Man, I've been a nerd for a long time.

I just realized that I don't fit in with anyone on this site :P

yall are some nerds haha

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2012, 03:55:35 AM »

I suppose I need to stop being lazy and head over to their forums and start reading...

Along with MAME, I've collected all the console and legacy system ROM's that I could including C64, Amiga, all Atari, Colecovision, Nintendo, Sega, etc, etc. Pretty fun to go back and play Miner 2049'r on Colecovision or throw in a virtual quarter and play a couple rounds of DigDug just like I was at the Dream Machine arcade.

I was a C64 kid rather than a VIC20; same toybox but only slightly different toys.

@Freddy - you wish you weren't a nerd! I hate to break it to you but in 20 years you're going to be hanging out on some video game forum,  maybe even UO-related, and talking about the "good ol' days" when we all had tower PC's that took up entire corners of dedicated, specialty furniture called "desks" and some 20-year old is going to call you a nerd. Then you'll remember the fateful words of 12xWiser and toast my memory ;)

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2012, 04:05:17 AM »
I spent my lunch today surfing the web using the RPi and Raspian Debian Linux.  Was very usable; quite amazing actually.

Hey, I graduated to my Timex Sinclair 2068.  I had a friend loan me his VIC-20 also.  That was fun; loved the graphics capabilities.  Man, I've been a nerd for a long time.

I was doing a little storage cleanup and opened one of my large wooden crates and there looking up at me was a dusty Vic-20 screaming at me power me up and show my functionality to your children and I almost dug it out and powered it up and then the wife called and had me on a new path.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 04:24:16 AM by Masscre »

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2012, 09:53:40 AM »
Lol, these days that would be a futile effort since what may have been so impressive back in the day is certainly outperformed by the average modern coffee pot.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: