Author Topic: New Gaming Rig  (Read 7221 times)

Offline MasscreTopic starter

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
New Gaming Rig
« on: June 28, 2013, 03:50:38 PM »
I received my new gaming rig from newegg yesterday. Just now getting it up and running. It is using Windows8. I will be giving this a few reviews after I get the feel of it. It is nothing fancy just an above average gaming rig IMHO. I just want to be able to play UO, script, AutoCAD, a little C&C, Look at the web without waiting :) and work alittle with Photoshop.

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
Re: New Gaming Rig
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 11:37:15 AM »
Ok. I just made the plunge into a new system that Had Win8 included. I am using it. It has a BIG learning Curve. I mean BIG. But anyways I am running as Admin but can not get EasyUO to see my UO Client. Anyone run into this? Help?

Online Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 11:46:16 AM »
I received my new gaming rig from newegg yesterday. Just now getting it up and running. It is using Windows8. I will be giving this a few reviews after I get the feel of it. It is nothing fancy just an above average gaming rig IMHO. I just want to be able to play UO, script, AutoCAD, a little C&C, Look at the web without waiting :) and work alittle with Photoshop.

Don't keep us in suspense? What did you put into your gaming rig? Those of us who are using 4 year old gaming rigs would like an opportunity to drool over yours!   :P

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 11:56:17 AM »
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 11:58:29 AM by Masscre »

Online Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 12:07:51 PM »
Nice! I am hoping to upgrade mine next February when I get my income tax refund.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 01:01:05 PM »
I have a rig similar to that, Mass.  Though I have NVidia and a bit more memory.  You'll love it; I pull nearly a perfect score with the Windows Experience rating.  I have my OS on a 256GB FLASH disk, and my User/Program directory on dual RAID0 1TB-WD black drives.

Erp, I have the FX-8350 COed to 4.4GHz though.  Big-assed fan an this thing stays cool.  It's a hot day, about 85 degrees F in this room, I'm playing Rift at 70 fps and the CPU is only up to 131 deg F.  Heh, the fan is only running at 28RPM.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 01:08:52 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 01:20:34 PM »
Ok. I just made the plunge into a new system that Had Win8 included. I am using it. It has a BIG learning Curve. I mean BIG. But anyways I am running as Admin but can not get EasyUO to see my UO Client. Anyone run into this? Help?

My suggestion? "Upgrade" to windows 7.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Tags: