Author Topic: Accepting Beta testers for Farming script  (Read 5056 times)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Accepting Beta testers for Farming script
« on: May 26, 2009, 06:22:52 AM »
Hi everyone,
  I wanted to extend this offer to several players that are active on the boards.  I am opening it up to all elite players automatically, but there are many players here that certainly do their part and will be accepted to test the following script in my beta section.  I will accept requests to be added to my beta section from players that are active, contribute to current debugging efforts, provide valuable info on the boards, that are proven to give real feedback, not it works great or vague comments.  I will expect that the comments are specific.

In return, I will guarantee that you get the final release regardless of elite status or not!  You will not work hard and then see it disappear into the elite section without the updated version.

Here is the current script write up:
This script is a farm assistant tool:  Currently in Testing

The script will provide menu choices for:

*Honoring monsters
*Lightning Strike, Momentum Strike, & Evade
*Concencrate, Divine, & Enemy of One
*Curse Wep.

Automatically:
It auto selects a healing method of Chiv or magery.  It does not use bushido, bandages, or spirit speak.  Having protection on can help casting success.

Has an option for an emergency chug of a heal pot that you can set in user set-up.

Ignores monsters that are are not on the same y-axis for deamon temple.  I need to watch this as not all farming locations are flat.

Allows you to choose from the following looting options (Pick only one):
*Loot Nothing (This is great for something like silver serpents) doesn't handle corpses
*Just Collect (Loots corpse of gold but is short term - no loot drop method included)
*BOS (Uses bag of sending based on set-up) recharges & selects new if needed
    set %DumpWeight #maxweight - 40 (Dump set-up based on weight level)
    set %SilverDropLevel 1000             (Dump set-up based on wanting to send at level)
*Secure/Home   (Dump at a house at above levels- start script at house)
*Bank           (Dumps at above levels at bank- start at bank - have dump bag in bank)
*Pass off Silver (nice option for grievers at silver spot! Drops silver on ground to stealther to pick up at amount in set-up section)  *Pick up code for second acct at bottom of post.

Player Detection Choices:
*Do Nothing (Ignores visiting players and doesn't look for others)
*Play ringer (Plays ringer.wav - file must be on comp)
*Escape and log  (Uses named rune in backpack from set-up to recall/sacred out & logs)
*Escape and wait (Leaves, waits around 15 mins and returns to farm again)

Known Issues:
* It can recall away falsely if target appears to fast and easy uo doesn't update event property fast enough.  Oh well.
* Silver BOS mode will currently send gold too.  that is a small adjustment.
*occasionally it will target a minotaur or something behind a wall.  It can get fixated on that target at times.  I have scan rate at 4 or 5 tiles now which reduces honoring when too far away and flagging targets too far or off in an unreachable area.  The ignore and ignore reset methods are being toyed with but only come into play if scanning a huge area like labrynth that has blocked areas.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 06:44:07 AM by _C2_ »

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Accepting Beta testers for Farming script
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 10:15:25 AM »
You can sign me up _C2_ I would be more then happy to give it a whirl!!

Most of my farming is done at deamon temple for silver, or Miasma. I farm some every day!

Toptwo
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 10:40:53 AM by Toptwo »
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 10:31:56 AM »
_C2_,

I would be more than happy to test this out for you.  I currently farm gold at Swoops, get honor from Succubi at the Fan Dancer Dojo, and farm Silver in Hythloth or Wind.  So your Script will get plenty of testing. 

Question: *Pass off Silver (nice option for grievers at silver spot! Drops silver on ground to stealther to pick up at amount in set-up section)  *Pick up code for second acct at bottom of post.

Why don't you set this to send the Silver automatically if character's Hit Points fall below a certain amount with the BOS?
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 10:43:24 AM »
Count me in C2!

I'll throw a request in early.

Is it possible to add a faction rune escape option under player detection for us Felluca Farmers? Say if you see a Red or Orange or get the message "so and so is attacking you" you click the faction rune.

I'm looking forward to testing this. :)

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 11:54:20 AM »
Yes, it is possible to add faction rune for fel farmers.  Does that zip you out of dungeons too?  

Yes it is possible to send silver if you are below HP too.  

The pass it off was a method i was using for someone that ran in every 30-40 minutes because he was a loser and bored on the shard.  BOS were not active yet and man did it piss him off when he killed me and there was nothing and i mean nothing on my corpse.  He would yell and scream ... "Nothing... How can there be Nothing!!!" when he came in.  He got bored.

Sending when at a certain HP could set off many false triggers though.  Something to look into for sure.

See all these ideas are exactly what i need!

Oh yeah ... Ultima - all elite can already see it in my library.  Go there and check it out.  I will add faction rune because that is pretty hot!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 11:57:35 AM by _C2_ »

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 01:04:53 PM »
I would love to try this one out also C2, but yes there is a but to this, most of my time righ tnow is dedicated to either RL or my script with the gamans right now.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 01:22:56 PM »
I would love to try this one out also C2, but yes there is a but to this, most of my time righ tnow is dedicated to either RL or my script with the gamans right now.

I'll add ya and u can read the forum and ideas as they develop.  Toss in a comment here and there if ya have thoughts.  I won't hold you to a lot of testing in your particular case becasue of the high end script that you are involved in already.

Offline DeadIssue2

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • DeadIssue2 has no influence.
  • Respect: +21
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 05:07:10 PM »
I would be more than happy to test for ya, least I can do after all your help.

Offline bajathief

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • bajathief has no influence.
  • Respect: +10
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 05:12:32 AM »
C2, I will be able to help you after I get back from disney. I will be gone from 29 May to 8 June. I have been running some modified versions of Razzel attack script but yours look way better.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 06:02:54 AM »
C2, I will be able to help you after I get back from disney. I will be gone from 29 May to 8 June. I have been running some modified versions of Razzel attack script but yours look way better.

Kool,  PM me when you get back.  I expect that we will have made tremendous progress by then.  I have a list of seven things to provide immediate attention that will make it better already.  I assume we will still be in beta, and if we are, you will be welcome to jump in.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 06:16:21 AM »
C2,  I have been doing some really preliminary work on a similar script, but you are clearly farther along with it. I have a lot of experience beating up loot scripts and would be happy to bang on this one for you.  Let me know if you need another hand to help with it.

-P
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline creedgaming

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • creedgaming has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 07:26:08 PM »
Yea Id love to help ya too :) I know some of scripting but not too confident

Offline kenshin87

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • kenshin87 has no influence.
  • Respect: +35
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 08:16:11 AM »
hey C2 so i have just been going over some old posts and came across this one. let me know if you still need some beta testers for the script. if not hope it all worked out well.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 09:19:48 AM »
I am pretty much done with this script.  need to update directions and be done with it.  ;D

Tags: