Author Topic: A Lazy Man/Idiots Guide to SOS Farming  (Read 28261 times)

Offline CrisisTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
A Lazy Man/Idiots Guide to SOS Farming
« on: March 11, 2014, 08:05:54 PM »
Let me start off by saying thank you to Trailmyx for his Full Auto Fisherman script (I love this script!) and Kal In Ex for his MIB SOS Master script. If it were not for these two scripts, I would not have made my SOS Fisher and would not be farming SOS so lazily!  8)

First thing is to decide do you want to go out and shop/pay for your MIB/SOS or be cheap like me? I am as cheap as I am lazy so I use Trailmyx's Faull Auto Fisherman (Did I say that I really love this script?!?!) http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=41.0 I have edited the script to keep and separate the high seas fish and rare fish. They sell decent to people wanting to do the fishing quests and I use some when I am bored enough to do the fishing quests myself.

I run two fisherman at a time and check their banks periodically. When it starts to get full, I dump the plain green fishing nets and rare fish into the garbage cans for cleanup points. When my bank is full, I stop fishing and get ready to sort my SOS that I collected.

Next, I use Kal In Ex MIB SOS Master for this. http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97820#97820 I used the changes posted near the end of that thread to be able to modify the script to use the new high seas ships. When using a high seas ship, you must be standing right behind the tillerman to be able to use SOS Master sail to SOS function. I have 2 secures in my house and each secure contains 5 labeled boxes. The top chest has 5 boxes marked Region 1, Region 2, Region 3, Region 4, and Region 5. The bottom chest contains boxes with regions 6-10.

Kal's SOS master has a button marked "Load SOS Info" I use this to sort the SOS. It plots them into the different regions. When using this script, make sure that you have your container that contains your SOS open and you need to make sure that you have nothing in the top left corner of the screen. This script uses OCR so make sure that you do not alt-tab to another screen while it is reading the SOS.

Once it is done reading them, I use the "Move SOS to" button, which gives me options to move the SOS to specific containers. I use this option to move the SOS into the correct containers. You click on the region or regions that you want to move. I only click one at a time because my OCD forces me to have one container per region. Once you have the correct region checked, you click ok and then hover your pointer over the container you want to move them to and then pres the spacebar. It moves them automatically for you which is awesome!

Once you have them all sorted you are ready for the fun to begin!! I marked runes and made a runebook for boat launch points for each region. This allows me to quickly get to where I want to go. When I am done with a region I can sail to next closest one or drydock my ship and recall to the next region.

I grab the container for the region I want to fish in, recall to that region's launch point and launch my boat. I click on the "Load SOS Info" button and load my SOS. Once I now click on the button marked "Sail To Marked" and SOS Master will start sailing me to my first SOS. It is important to remember that this script does not auto-defend and does not have anti-block so you need to be ATK. I use UO Rudder and Automap along with SOS Master to keep me going strong and quick.

Now that I am at my first SOS location, I start using the best script ever!! (Not that I am biased or anything) Crisis SOS Chest Fisher http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=9770.0

I click on the start fishing and it will keep fishing until it pulls up the chest. I have not decided if I want to try and work in some kind of auto-defend or have it scan the journal for getting attacked and stopping. Currently, if you pull up a sea serpent, it will keep fishing so you will need to press pause on the fishing and then kill the serpent. If you are in the right location (rarely will it not be right unless it is right on a server line which can get tricky using SOS Master) you will pull up shipwreck junk and then the chest. I save the shipwreck stuff for cleanup points. I have a personal version of SOS Chest Fisher which dumps all of the shipwreck stuff and nets into the trash. I may release that one in the future. I will use the "Cut Stuff" button on the SOS Chest Fisher to cut up and save any bones for tailoring and inscription.

Now I will drop the gold into the hold of the ship and then drop the chest onto the deck. Now I will click the tab on the SOS Master that says "Delete Marked" so that it marks the next closest SOS location.

I collect the chests dropping the chests with less items into other chests until I have 4 chests with about 70-85 items in each chest. I usually have a beetle or a couple of pack horses on the deck of the ship to haul my belongings. I fill my beetle/packy with gold and one of the chests. I then take another chest and recall to the bank. I dump my shipwreck items and any nets from the chests into the garbage for cleanup. I also dump the dime a dozen artifacts such as the leggings, bow, wedding dress, etc for points as well. I have so many of the enhancements that I will dump those as well. I deposit the gold into my bank and recall to my house to start sorting the chests.

I have 8 secures set up to sort into. One has gems, one has magery scrolls, one has necro scrolls, one has reagents, and then I have 4 for the chests full of unravel items. I use the "Sort Chest" button to start sorting. You need to hard code your secures into the SOS Chest Sorter script before using this button. Once it has pulled everything that I want from the chest, I drop the chests into the unravel chests. I don't bother going through the chests because there is nothing in them better than Shame loot so I just unravel whatever is in there. I then dump the empty chests into the garbage for even more cleanup points.

I have made millions from the gold in the chests, gold from the FAF fishing, the imbuing essence, leather, stockpiled fish, regs, scrolls, gems and tons of cleanup points. I can crank these out quickly and very profitably. All I needed to get started was a small boat, 100% LRC Suit, and a fishing pole to start collecting SOS. I soon had enough gold from fishing and selling the fish to buy a Tokuno Ship and then I was rolling in the gold when I started fishing up the SOS. I hope this helps someone who thinks SOS Farming is tedious and boring. I love it now!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 08:21:29 PM by Crisis »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: A Lazy Man/Idiots Guide to SOS Farming
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 08:27:36 PM »
Awesome guide!

I think the latest FAF also keeps the high seas fish separate for those interested.

Thanks for the great guide!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 09:56:01 PM »
Nice,   funny that we have a similar set up, But not I just cut the fish because i don't need them anymore.  I fish for White Pearl most of the time.  SOS is just a bonus.  Thx for sharing.  I might try to add those option of multiple bag sound great.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 01:08:05 PM »
Great write up! I just started doing this myself. Although I've only made about 100k from the 5 or so SOS that I tried. I'll definitely have to bring some of this into my future enterprise  :)

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 05:37:53 AM »
Thank you for this write up. I used to do it the same way except i never heard of UO rudder. Gave you a little reputation ;)
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 06:19:32 AM »
Thank you for this write up. I used to do it the same way except i never heard of UO rudder. Gave you a little reputation ;)

I do not use uo rudder I use this one

http://stratics.com/community/threads/sea-pilot.237908/

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 07:50:44 AM »

I do not use uo rudder I use this one

http://stratics.com/community/threads/sea-pilot.237908/

I never knew he had one, I will have to check it out. I didn't realize that I did not post the link for UO Rudder. It is an oldy but a goody. I am sure that either one will work well for steering the boat.

Here is UO Rudder: http://uo.stratics.com/xena/uorudder.shtml

Offline TaskForce

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • TaskForce has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 02:59:31 AM »
Since I just train my fisherman with the old 4x4 fishing script, which still works fine (although I should make it stop cutting my fish), and collect lots of SOS, I found your guide very informative. (Just got a bunch of SOS from an IDOC and a mountain of fish on top *smells 10 miles against the wind*, so my fisher starts to be lazy as well.)

Two additions:
SOS use a lot of space. If you can get your hands on Davies Locker, which is a 8th year veteran reward, you cannot only drop T-Maps, but also SOS into it without using lockdowns. Since it also shows the coordinates of the SOS while they are stored, you can select those from nearby located positions for your next hunt.

Also I keep them currently back, since in next future a total loot revamp is announced. If nothing else, fishing the SOS up after this publish might give better stuff to your imbuer.

Greetings
TaskForce

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 02:19:39 PM »
I tested out a couple of sos and asos on TC. Felucca with maybe 500 luck or so. I expected better loot from it, considering the effort it takes to get an asos. But theres a possibility at a nice item so I'm saving all my asos till after the patch. I'm not waiting with my regular sos anymore as I had more than a thousand and no davies locker to put them in haha. Gives nice gold, good amount of cleaning points, refinements and grapevines. I love the ship strongboxes!
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 03:31:44 PM »
Great write up.  One question:  doesn't the SOS master or some other script already dump chests into the trash for points, or is that one of my private scripts I never released?  I swear there is one...

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 07:00:41 PM »
SoS master does not and I have not seen another one so it may be something private.

Offline Realmoon

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Realmoon has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2018, 02:00:23 AM »
This is a very useful scripts.  However, it is not work for me.  I found that some of the MIB is outside your regions.  Can you please teach me to change the region form 10 to 16 (cover all area)?

Many thanks!
=====
This is Moon

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2018, 02:49:43 AM »
Kali's MIB SoS Farmer has been inactive for a few years. It would take some work to modify it to add zones. The easiest thing to do would be include the outside ones into current ones which would extend the zones. That is done after having it search for MIBs and then it will asks what zone the outside ones should be in.

Offline BobOzarius

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • BobOzarius has no influence.
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2018, 05:47:33 AM »
You guys obviously haven't seen the new mapping program that will scan sos' and tmaps, then mark the location on the map for you? And it will add all your open clients to the map automatically. And it uses standard text files for user info so you can script finding idocs with it, and add them to your map when you find them.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2018, 01:26:02 PM »
Kali's opens the maps, plots them into regions, and then can sail the ship to them. I then use mine to fish them up.

Tags: