Author Topic: Max Payne  (Read 9225 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Max Payne
« on: October 30, 2008, 11:04:59 AM »

This was another movie that I was on the fence about.  After "Doom", it appeared that video games conversations should be left to SNES emulation.  However I was entertained by this one.  It's not without it's faults; there's some issues with the flow of the movie and some timely arrivals on scene of hero/heroins.  Generally I hate movies that live by "flashbacks".  However there was only one main flashback in this movie and it suited the finale well.  Another problem was the attempt by the director to emulate the "feature" of Max Payne games that's what putt'em on the map.  The freeze motion kills.  I feel they could have been done better.

Mark Walburg didn't stink up this movie; he did pretty well.  And big marks for Mila Kunis (from That 70s Show and Meg on Family Guy), she kicked ass and did it in a hot sexy way (TM is a fan).  Also Beau Bridges ended up being the villain and it actually worked OK.  Overall, this wasn't a waste of money (especially when my girlfiend bought!).  Overall the story was pretty good but could have flowed a bit better.

Bottom line is that you will be entertained, you won't be blown away but you won't feel like you were raped by George Lucas.

TM
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 11:06:45 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Max Payne
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 12:37:53 PM »
How well did it follow the "feel" of the game?

Max Payne was semi-ground breaking in games. Great cut scenes, sense of foreboding doom...
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Max Payne
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 12:43:08 PM »
How well did it follow the "feel" of the game?

Max Payne was semi-ground breaking in games. Great cut scenes, sense of foreboding doom...

I would have to say (in my opinion) that it was more Hollywood, and less Max Payne.  Thankfully there was enough in the movie to elude to the game..   Now that you mention it, they had some pretty epic "cut-scenes" during the drug-induced hallucinations.  Still, it was more about Hollywood and less about the game.  I could be wrong here, but that was my general feeling.  Would love to hear someone other opinions.

*cough* Mila Kunis *cough*  "Yummo! - Rachel Ray"
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 12:44:50 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: