Author Topic: C2's BOD Collector Script  (Read 127575 times)

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: C2's BOD Collector Script
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2010, 06:58:24 PM »
let me know.  i was considering searching for backpack until it is open and then once it opens ... get bod gump.  the problem that i was seeing was that timing for opening packs had changed a lot.  the script was grabbing bod bump and then backpack was opening and then it would not click yes it would click a spot on your backpack.  i don't have time to set up a bod collecting acct and try it all nowadays but will certainly make edits as per suggestion and give credit for fixes.  i havent collected bods in over 3 years. let meknow what u find.  the wat 60 was intended to allow packs time to open up naturally before the script tries to get a bod only to be messed up by pack gumps opening up late.

My wait 15 seems to have solved *most* of the issue.  Even with an 18 ping, I still get the occasional late gump event and my BOD yes/no offer gets stuck behind my vet reward gump.

I'm thinking it might be best to auto close all the gumps on log in, then open the backpack, then proceed to find the blacksmith.  I'll play around with it after I see how many BODs I pull over the next day.  If I'm getting a decent amount, I'll leave good enough alone.

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2010, 05:41:08 AM »
i remember i use to use a script by raziel that auto closes vet rewards.  i did not program a procedure for vet rewards.  one issue with tose is that they can come up instantly or 20 030 seconds affter being logged.  these late backpacks etc are weird server lag that never use to happen.  show me where you stuck that .  i assume u put it after event macro 8 7 in postlog sub

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2010, 06:40:32 PM »
I ended up doing two things, the second of which was my bazooka to kill a fly but it works 100% now, so...

1 - Wait 15 after "gosub bod_gump 30 40 ; for menu pop up spot"
2 - Grabbed one of my few self-scripted snippets and stuck it in:

Code: [Select]
;--------------------------------------------------------------
Sub Gump_Setup

event macro 31 0
wait 15
event macro 8 7
wait 15
contpos 1500 500
wait 15
;click 16 16
;wait 15
return

The commented lines were removed because, once I started closing all the gumps, I no longer felt the need to minimize the toolbar.  Not always the case...

Works beautifully now.  Collected 80-ish BODs before EUO dumped on me while I was at work.

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2010, 04:40:25 PM »
Update:  Works flawlessly now.  Collected 23 out of 23 attempts on 8 or 9 chars in the last day.  I'm set for this weekend.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2010, 05:05:41 AM »
I am still using a modified version of Raziel's collector that I have hacked to shreds.  I am just too lazy to switch format.

There is definitely a new and sort of weird lag on log in.  I see a lot of failures if the script doesn't wait long enough even after the backpack is open because it doesn't find anything in the backpack and can't locate the book.  It seems like item properties take a bit to load.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2010, 05:25:53 AM »
Its either part of the new operating system they installed a few months ago or new part of the anti scripting code or could even be .... yep you guessed it EA fubared again !!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2010, 10:07:20 AM »
I would guess that it was their hardware transfer and the upgraded systems involved.  I doubt that they did it on purpose and it started around the same time.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2010, 02:37:07 PM »
I would guess that it was their hardware transfer and the upgraded systems involved.  I doubt that they did it on purpose and it started around the same time.

That was my original thought process.  I was just making a bad joke with the rest :)

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2010, 03:15:30 PM »
posted update that hopefully works well.  used nobama's close all gumps and adjusted postlog waits to respond to varying gump openings.  thx for all input to help as i dont run this anymore and need all of you users to guide me.  hope it works well now

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2010, 04:41:36 PM »
posted update that hopefully works well.  used nobama's close all gumps and adjusted postlog waits to respond to varying gump openings.  thx for all input to help as i dont run this anymore and need all of you users to guide me.  hope it works well now

Gosh - I just realized I was really non-specific about where I called that Gump_Setup.  I put it here, inside sub find_vendor:

Code: [Select]
sub find_vendor  ;%1 tailor or smith
ignoreitem #charid
event pathfind 979 514
wait 60
gosub Gump_Setup  <----------------------------****

Yes, it's sloppy.  It also works.

=P

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2010, 05:10:25 PM »
i figured out that you were closing all gumps beofore you opened the bod guys gump...
i think my new version should work.  smart to close all as last minute as possible tehn go for the bod.  leaves very littel room for a gump to pop up.  ;D

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2010, 05:24:09 PM »
i figured out that you were closing all gumps beofore you opened the bod guys gump...
i think my new version should work.  smart to close all as last minute as possible tehn go for the bod.  leaves very littel room for a gump to pop up.  ;D

Amazing.  C2 was able to reverse engineer my coding.  That's like Einstein figuring out how to take apart duplo legos.

(Get it?  C2 is Einstein.  NObama codes like a toddler.)

8)

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2010, 08:40:51 PM »
LOL - i sure do appreciate you tinkering with it. 

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2010, 10:26:38 AM »
A month ago Nobama was crying about how he was in crisis as he had no storage space for all his BOD's... now he's back to collecting.

You see why I hinted at cross shard exchange of SBOD's?

It would save quit a bit of time...no reason if your running this script not to be collecting on other shards where you can help your friends. ;)

I really hate dedicating an account to collecting SBOD's. I would much rather be doing something else...

I'm not currently running this script but I hope it works for Multi-Shard collecting as that's where I was having issues. It would work fine on 2 or 3 shards then on the 4th shard it would go 0-7.

I'm gonna burn through my current stock of SBOD's and transfer some over from other shards I've collected. I try and solicit from people selling as often as possible as well.

When I do start back up I'll give a shout out and see if the idea of exchanging BOD's like is done with Holiday Gifts sounds good to anyone. Hopefully it works flawlessly when doing 4-5 shards...I'll be sure to post my results when I start running it again.

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2010, 09:32:04 PM »
A month ago Nobama was crying about how he was in crisis as he had no storage space for all his BOD's... now he's back to collecting.

You see why I hinted at cross shard exchange of SBOD's?

It would save quit a bit of time...no reason if your running this script not to be collecting on other shards where you can help your friends. ;)

I really hate dedicating an account to collecting SBOD's. I would much rather be doing something else...

I'm not currently running this script but I hope it works for Multi-Shard collecting as that's where I was having issues. It would work fine on 2 or 3 shards then on the 4th shard it would go 0-7.

I'm gonna burn through my current stock of SBOD's and transfer some over from other shards I've collected. I try and solicit from people selling as often as possible as well.

When I do start back up I'll give a shout out and see if the idea of exchanging BOD's like is done with Holiday Gifts sounds good to anyone. Hopefully it works flawlessly when doing 4-5 shards...I'll be sure to post my results when I start running it again.

Works flawlessly across shards.  Give me a holler and I'll get you 500 or so on the shard of your choice...for a future favor, of course =P

Tags: