Author Topic: tech support needed  (Read 3610 times)

Offline bodfatherTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
tech support needed
« on: June 20, 2016, 08:35:34 PM »
  I need some help.

I've had the same ICQ version since I got my latest computer over a year and a half ago. Suddenly last week I get a popup about ICQ not being installed properly. I close the popup without clicking anything and the next time I loaded ICQ it had automatically updated itself to version 10 which is huge and horrible.

I uninstall and reinstall my old previous version but every time I log out and back in I get the same popup with the automatic update. I can't get rid of this for some reason.

I'm at a loss as to why I seem to be the only one this is happening to and I have no idea how to fix this.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: tech support needed
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 10:20:23 PM »
I totally gave up on the single-install versions of all the IM programs years ago.  The ICQ/AOL/MSN programs got so huge and annoying that I uninstalled all of them.  Now for ICQ I just use Pidgin.

https://www.pidgin.im/
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: tech support needed
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 02:47:47 AM »
I use trillian for about 12 years now.   It have some IM.   I know that Kandle had the same issue and revert to an older verson.  maybe she can answer you.

Tags: