Author Topic: Treasures of tokono.. how do drops work  (Read 4865 times)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Treasures of tokono.. how do drops work
« on: June 20, 2009, 09:01:47 AM »
is the system a point system...
you get x amount of points per monster and each time u kill u have higher chance of drop.  Once drop points restart until next.

or

like paragon drops where a monster randomly drops a arti and it goes to one of the killers.

The reason I ask is that i have multi guys killing the same monster and if it is choice # 1 then all the characters should get a lot of artis as they get kill points each time.  Multiple killers should not matter if u get points for killing

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
Re: Treasures of tokono.. how do drops work
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 09:27:35 AM »
is the system a point system...
you get x amount of points per monster and each time u kill u have higher chance of drop.  Once drop points restart until next.

or

like paragon drops where a monster randomly drops a arti and it goes to one of the killers.

The reason I ask is that i have multi guys killing the same monster and if it is choice # 1 then all the characters should get a lot of artis as they get kill points each time.  Multiple killers should not matter if u get points for killing

Hi,
as far as I understood the stuff on stratics ... it is like this ...

You kill a Monster and it gives you an amount of points ...
the amount depends on the kind of the monster .. difficulty...
and the share of your participation in killing.

This points accumulate on your Char and the summ is your chance for a drop.
once the drop has been done, your char points will be reseted and it starts over again
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 09:33:51 AM by rana70 »

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 09:32:23 AM »
Now what happens when 2 people are fighting over a spot and are both killing the same monsters?

Are both players accumulating points or only the top damager?

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 09:46:00 AM »

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 11:09:09 AM »
I believe it's the same.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 12:30:59 PM »
On other question about the drops.  Has anyone noticed if a message prints on the screen when an artifact drops?  I looked at my last artifact alert script, but that one relied on "a_special_artifact" being placed in your journal.  Do you think this is also happening with ToT, or is the just unique to the dungeon-Virtue arties?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 12:42:10 PM »
TM, a message does in fact show up on screen...I have not been in any dung, just out killing tsuki wolfs, I will keep a look out on the next drop and get you the exact wording
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 12:45:21 PM »
TM, a message does in fact show up on screen...I have not been in any dung, just out killing tsuki wolfs, I will keep a look out on the next drop and get you the exact wording

Ah great, thanks I'd appreciate it.  Hopefully it's "a_special_artifact".  :)  If so, then my script doesn't need any tweaking.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 01:01:49 PM »
bestowed is in the message too.. i will write it down next time.. but ther eis also a message for when it goes to the bank too if u are too heavy

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 01:06:54 PM »
bestowed is in the message too.. i will write it down next time.. but ther eis also a message for when it goes to the bank too if u are too heavy

Ya, bestowed is also a part of the dungeon/virtue drops.  So they are probably the same.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 01:08:15 PM »
an item has been placed in your backpack.
For you valor in combating the fallen beast, a special artifact has been bestowed on you
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 01:24:06 PM »
an item has been placed in your backpack.
For you valor in combating the fallen beast, a special artifact has been bestowed on you

Ok, that's the same statement as for the dungeon/virtue thing.  I'll dust off my script and post it then.  Thanks for the info, Toptwo!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 01:33:35 PM »
oh LOL you thought the Devs were actualy going to change some code or "Wording" when they can just activate the old code, or use existing code from Virtue dungeons...
 :)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 01:47:10 PM »
Not sure how the shared kills work, I suppose you split the credit for the kill since you both get Karma/Fame and have looting rights.

But I do know that the drop rate is based on Karma/Fame of the kill. You can do low level stuff all day long and get a couple or you can do high K&F stuff and get one in 30 mins....
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Tags: