Author Topic: Max Damage?  (Read 5388 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Max Damage?
« on: June 16, 2009, 12:18:08 PM »
So I have read the analysis on Stratics and I am still left scratching my head when I try to figure out the parameters for maxing out damage output.  I have been trying to put together a list that sorts it out a bit and came up with this:

Damage increase that doesn't count toward the 300% cap:

STR bonus
Tactics bonus
Anat Bonus

Damage increase that does count toward the 300% cap:

DI on items (weapons, jewelry, armor) capped at 100%
Perfection (honor) damage: up to 100%
Enemy of One: 50%
Slayer Items: 100%
Slayer Tali: up to 100%

Eg. It appears to me that if you use an undead slayer and the conjurer trinket you are starting at 220 of the 300 cap vs. undead and can only add another 80% from items/perfection/enemy of one... 

Can anyone correct, or refine my thoughts here?

This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Max Damage?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 02:28:20 PM »
taken from a 5 on Friday

Damage Increase and You
"For PVP and PVM: If I have gm tactics, gm anatomy, and 125 str how much DI percentage do I have w/o items?"

Stratics has the correct results for these calculations.

+68.75% for GM Tactics
+55% for GM Anatomy
+42.5% for 125 Strength

"People are saying there is a 300% DI cap for PVM, is this true? "

Yes, this is true, Damage Increase is capped at 300% (or a 300 internal damage rating). However, anatomy, tactics, strength, and lumberjacking are NOT included in that cap.

"If I have 300% DI and I cast Enemy of One will I even do more damage?"

If you already 300% Damage Increase from special moves and profession abilities, then the answer is no, Enemy of One will not increase your damage further.

Note: that a slayer weapon is double damage (a 200 damage rating). Enemy of One has a rating of 100. The combination of those two alone would reach our cap of 300.

"Are slayer weapons included in the PVM cap for DI?"

Yes.

http://www.uoherald.com/fof/?fofId=62

ive read a lot of other theories regarding dmg inc but this is the only thing set in stone so i wont guess and tell you what i think is correct

Offline potzdam_rebel

• Activity:
    0%
  • potzdam_rebel has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 07:38:08 PM »
Ahh I aimed to make my archer dish out max damage a while back (ongoing process) aside from 300% di/ 150 str (+str item totem headgear is useful) 120 anat/tactics; remember that you need to be at max swing speed 1.25 secs and hit as often as possible 45% hci/HLD now all these things are attainable on one character.  It becomes more difficult to include debuff effects - 120 music/discordance to lower mob stats, rune beetle special armor corrution to half mobs resists, with hiyru to lower phys resist further as well as corpse skin and curse spell effects.  I'd say it'd take 3 characters to deal out max damage to any mob with  tamer/mage/archer variants.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 08:45:43 PM »
Corpse skin and a Hiryu attack counter each other. Corpse lowers fire and poison, but raises physical.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 12:42:17 AM »
It isn't Necessarily about hitting the 1.25, its all about the DPS. Naturally Swinging Faster can Increase Your DPS, but  not if you aren't Hitting very hard. Typically you want stamina 150+ and A Weapon with a 3-3.5s Swing Delay with High SSI.

what was it......

Swing Speed = (Swing delay - #Stamina / 30 )( 1 - SSI/100)
DPS = Avg Damage/ Swing Speed

So at 150 Stamina you take off 1.25, and 35 SSI, so the swing delay would have to be a 3s Weapon to hit that 1.25 Swing.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline potzdam_rebel

• Activity:
    0%
  • potzdam_rebel has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 12:57:05 PM »
Thats my point; hit hard as frequently as possible with max effective debuffs : D x

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 01:02:40 PM »
But you need as much HCI and DCI in the meantime to make sure you are not getting hit as much and to be doing damage you need to actually be hitting it and not missing.

Tags: