Poll

Which weapon skill to use for a farming whammy?

Swords
13 (68.4%)
Fencing
0 (0%)
Macing
6 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Whammy Weapon  (Read 8063 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Whammy Weapon
« on: December 12, 2009, 08:09:23 AM »
Looking for inputs. I have a 115 Swords, 120 Fencing and could easily get a 120 Macing.

One thing to keep in mind, I don't have access to many weapons, the shard just doesn't have a very good selection.

I do already have a Soul Seeker (Swords) and have a kinda decent Leafblade (Fencing) on the way.

Vote, and put in your thoughts on why you chose that one.

*Oh and Archery isn't on the list cause you can't tank as an Archer.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Whammy Weapon
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 08:13:33 AM »
I vote Macing because of the straigh out DPS opportunity, but between Swords and Fencing I have no idea. I do have a little gold on Sonoma if you find something there you want to send over with TT, not sure if that helps your choice at all.

I have Swords only because that's what I'm used to playing. I've been thinking a lot about switching to Macing.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline gen2000

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • gen2000 has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 08:34:45 AM »
I use swords cause soul seeker is the only weapon I have worth using. I have 120 mace on a stone and could possibly try it out when I finish imbuing and make me some weapons. 

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 08:39:45 AM »
i dropped swords as a vote on the poll.  i use seeker and luminous runeblade for easier monsters due to the self repair 5

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 09:07:55 AM »
I popped Swords...I use soul seeker. I love the 60 SSI, and the whirlwind, its a mana reaping, life taking machine!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Scrripty

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 09:18:11 AM »
I have a few of each, swords and fencing coming over... one fairly decent leafblade, and a few pretty good sword weapons.  I'm going through them now to make sure I got a decent selection.  Oh yea, I got a few ok slayer bows too. :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 09:20:55 AM by Scripty »

Scrripty

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 09:22:25 AM »
I have a few of each, swords and fencing coming over... one fairly decent leafblade, and a few pretty good sword weapons.  I'm going through them now to make sure I got a decent selection.  Oh yea, I got a few ok slayer bows too. :)

Oh yea, one other thing to consider... the feint weapon I'm sending over is use best weapon.  So it's nice for any weapon type character, but you CANNOT use evade with it... which kinda sucks... but hey...  When rend is only hitting you for half damage...  hard to complain.

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 09:57:40 AM »
Well, my 2c worth is this...

Soul Seeker is the best blade in the game. And it's Swords.

I'd love to have a sweet leaf (Sabbath Reference) blade... but I don't. So swords it is.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 10:01:08 AM »
Well, my 2c worth is this...

Soul Seeker is the best blade in the game. And it's Swords.

I'd love to have a sweet leaf (Sabbath Reference) blade... but I don't. So swords it is.

Soul Seeker is the best blade in the game for it's PURPOSE. :)  It's the "the" best blade in the game.  I have better for different purposes...

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 10:04:58 AM »
I would have to say swords for tank. I have a macer, but she doesn't compete with TTs swords when we are out. They just aren't very fast, even with a kickin mace like I've got.
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 10:58:17 AM »
I put swords, its versatile its balanced, Fencing too low of DPS on all of its one handers, Macing is Wonderful For its DPS on its one hander, but lacks arties and specials on moderately quick weapons, aka Whirlwind.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Scrripty

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2009, 11:04:43 AM »
I put swords, its versatile its balanced, Fencing too low of DPS on all of its one handers, Macing is Wonderful For its DPS on its one hander, but lacks arties and specials on moderately quick weapons, aka Whirlwind.

Yea swords wins hands down for specials except for FEINT.  Living is everything and you combine feint/evade... fencing is still pulling ahead in my book...

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 11:34:29 AM »
Mace fightning.

Take it from someone who can solo Dread/Parox/Shimmer/Grizzle... etc.

Quarter Staffs for the 1v1 (Double strike spam...  You hit twice, thus doing twice the damage.  Depending on what you're fightning you can chain this non stop, or rotate w/ lightning strike 2:1 or 3:1)
Black Staff for 1vWhatever (Whirlwind)...  Does MORE damage than radiant.  Throw 4 mods on & enhance w/ 10%ssi unless you're amazing stamina (My wammy/sampires have all 5hp, 8stam, 2mr, 8lmc suits).  The extra DI is worthless from yew because you SHOULD be max w/o it.  As a wammy soul seeker is poop imo  (get mad!).  The only useful mods is mana/stamina leech...  Life leech is pointless w/ curse weapon.  Repond slayer is pointless because of talismans.  (You should have undead tally, vermin slayer tally, owned by noone flame/ice/etc...  and a variety of protection/killer talismans for certain situations).  Shouldn't rely on DI from talisman.

It's straight STUPID how fast I can kill DF now.  I use a tetsubo (I think...  The wpn exiler is... spiked club thingy) w/ mana/stamina/demon/ssi/di & qstaff w/ mana/stamina/demon/hla/di.  My script swaps weapons if I'm full life, hits with the frenzy whirlwind, swaps back to my qstaff and spams doublestrike/ls (after it curse weapons) until the frenzy whirlwind timer is up and repeats.

I've actually been working on my doom script to make it a little more automated.  I can AFK anything in there thanks to imbuing & new crazy weapons you can make.  I run a wammy & 4/6 chiv 120 eval 69.9 magery SDI s/w discorder as my 'companion'.  For DF all the script does on the discorder is discords (duh) and holds a remove curse target up for when wammy gets blood oathed.  When df hits a low percentage of life I WOD till he dies & get looting rights & 'doom points' on both chars for doing enough damage.

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 11:35:28 AM »
i use macing, does a ton of damage and if i get in a mob i can use momentum strike. 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 03:07:37 PM »
Did they change it so remove Curse removes Bload oath again?
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: