Author Topic: Budget Sampire  (Read 9735 times)

Offline BadManiacTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • BadManiac has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Budget Sampire
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 10:35:33 AM »
Wammy is all good and well, but this is a thread about how to build a sampire on a budget ;)
Or more like how much budget do you actually need to make a working sampire.

Ancient Samurai Helm with bunny ears is a good call, had forgotten about that.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 10:45:15 AM »
What exactly is the budget, and are you using Miasma as your goal?

To make a Sampire you need to have 120 weapon skill, you can have 115 but need to build to 120 ASAP. To stay alive you need to hit, to hit you need skill, HLD and HCI.

The second half of Sampires is the ability to NOT get hit. DCI, HLA, Feint, Evasion and Parry.

The BARE minimum would be 45 DCI.

*Here's the problem with determining what the budget is. One thing you probably build around is Fey Leggings. Having the 20 DCI is awesome, but the resists aren't that great (50 resist). But more to the point, they sell for 50k on Great Lakes and 3M on Sonoma. Samurai Helm sells for anything between 50k and 1M on Pacific LOL...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 11:10:13 AM by Cerveza »
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 11:20:17 AM »
There isn't a set budget here, I'm just trying to figure out how low we can go :) few 100K for the suit should be doable. And as per my OP, Solo Miasma is the target. The reasoning behind it is, Sampire is the most useful PvM template currently in the game, but it's not cheap to get up and running. I wanted to see how cheap you can make a Sampire, with PS and suit, that would still be effective. I say Miasma is a good test, if you can solo Miasma you can enjoy the majority of the game without a problem. So for a new player to get up and running, what is the minimum requirements? Then once we have the template and gear figured out, I (and whoever else wants to give it a go) will build the char, test it and see :)

Here's the current state of the suit:
Ancient Samurai Helm
Heart of the Lion
Fey Leggings
Quiver of Infinity

50 DCI, Since 45 is cap I don't think Quiver is necessary, but is there anything else useful in that slot?
44/29/29/26/37

Feedback, suggestions?

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2010, 11:26:49 AM »
45 is indeed the usable cap, but most will opt for 70 if they can get it. That will offset the effects of HLD (-25) on you. Since Miasma doesn't have that attack, 45 should serve well.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 11:39:44 AM »
Very few mobs hit with HLD, so for a PvM Sampire 45 should be enough. I just don't know what to swap out.

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 11:43:42 AM »
need over 45 DCI to account for divine fury, which our budget sampy will need. Cause they most likely wont have max stats for fastest swing, or SSI on weapon, or max HCI, or max DI. Due to that, they need to offset the -25 DCI penalty.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2010, 11:47:48 AM »
But is DCI that utterly critical that you can forgo all other mods on your suit? The parts I listed above have NO other mods except DCI, that would be 2/3 of the suit exclusively for DCI if we want to get to 60...

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2010, 12:10:05 PM »
I would defer to others on that, but with the low overall skill by restricted power scrolls and stat, the budget will be hit a lot more. And hit less often.
Not sure which will be the better offset. HCI / HLD for  hits /leech? Or DCI / HLA for lower damage taken over time?

Miasma has only 68 wrestle, so HCI / HLD would be best I think.

Thrasher has 106.5 max, so DCI might be best against him.

Of course, to add to the list
+15 or higher stat scroll
swampie
lesser hiryu

Scrripty

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2010, 12:12:00 PM »
Seriously... if all you're fighting is Miasma... 70's suit and 110-120 parry and 115-120 weapon skill... done deal.  Pretty much any fast weapon, soul seeker being best if you're going budget.  And a 25+ hit lower defense.  This really shouldn't even be a discussion.  Miasma is VERY easy on a Sammy.  You don't need any arties.  70 suit only.  Its not in the suit with Miasma.  It's just about hitting it really and not being hit a ton.  Sure you'll die here and there to a random really powerfull Miasma, but the gold rake in and items will pay for it easily.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2010, 12:16:57 PM »
People die with a Sampire because they get in trouble.

Basically your saying "I can leech enough from hitting you to overcome the damage you can hit me for".

The less you get hit, the better off you are. You NEVER want to get into a slap fight with a mob, they will always win.

Ask anyone whose ever played one why they die. I bet 99% respond with "I ran off to cure/heal/uncurse/whatever". The minute you run off you are no longer regaining HP's. HP Leech is how this char stays alive.... oh I've said that, like 3 times...

Because this is a "budget" build I have to reconsider the fundamentals of the char. If anyone were to ask me "What is required to run a Sampire" I have a time tested answer. The problem is that Mace & Shield Glasses go for 6.5M - 11M which is outside the boundaries of budget.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 08:02:51 AM by Cerveza »

Tags: