Author Topic: What to use 40 points on?  (Read 7481 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: What to use 40 points on?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 07:44:54 AM »
That could work... Wraith form would help to not be revealed if there are any other stealthers in the area.

The smoke bomb thing was just a thought. It's not very skill savvy to use 50 to accomplish one task that a potion could do. I'm leaning more towards 40 necro right now, with the further research into going with a +Magery spell book to free up some more points.

This char does not fight, at all. Maybe an EV that attacks a red, or putting up a field to keep chars out/in, but that's the extent of the fighting.

XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 08:01:56 AM »
These new numbers that I was toying with would require a +skill spell book.  But it would be a +Meditation scrappers.  Not sure what shard you are on, but I see one on Atlantic for extremely cheap.  I'm seeing how putting it all together could take a bit of time and resources, though it is pretty interesting how it would all come together.

Short version of how it would stack up:

120 Disco
120 Music
120 Magery
~100 Meditation
100 Hiding
85 Stealth
100 Tracking
30 Necro
50 Ninja

I know you said it isn't a true need, but could still fit 2/6 in there. 40 LMC, 100 LRC, 17 MR, and you should be able to easily 70 it across the board. Build would still use a Crystalline Ring, but the non-faction version and one fairly loaded skill bracelet. 

The more I look at this, I'm thinking it could be fun to try.. 

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 08:37:36 AM »
e) Healing support for Sampires.

That's a good point about the magery. One side job for this guy is following around my Sampire and discording whatever attacks/or is attacked by him, then doing the healing duties. The amount of damage healed casting heals (greater and lesser) is dependent on Magery only, so I want the most points possible when healing my Sampires.

It's nice to not fizzle the EV's also. I can't rez my mains because of the "beneficial acts".

I thought about just going Necro with the 40 points for wraith form. That way I wouldn't reveal if I walk through someone, and the char would be a little harder to spot. I don't think I could squeeze the Spirit Speak in though... I need the Med for the healing spam for his part time job.
The difference in the amount of damage healed between 100 and 120 Magery is very little: 100 Magery = 41 to 50 per GHeal, 120 = 49 to 58 per GHeal. Regular Heal's have an even smaller difference: 100 Magery = 11 to 13 per Heal, 120 = 13 to 15 per Heal. You can still cast EV's although you will fizzle about half the time (81.0 minimum skill for EV's) unless you carry scrolls.

Definitely not worth the extra 20 points IMO.

As for the Med, if you follow your Sampire in wraith form and throw withers every now and again you should easily recoup the loss of Med pretty quickly, especially with high MR on your suit. I'm also assuming your Samp is doing a fair job of leeching health in Vamp form thus the heals should only be coming from your "Bot" when things get a little out of control, right?

Got me thinking a bit here though, kind of makes me want to get in game a little bit.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline 8 Ball

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • 8 Ball has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 02:35:22 AM »
If you're human you can cast Wraith Form from scroll and stay in form using the JOAT bonus, means you won't need to sink any points into Necro :) If you're Elf then you'll just need 20 points in Necro to maintain form, since thats the minimum skill needed. Chiv is always a nice little extra if you find yourself with spare points on a mage type character, I love Remove Curse :) Also it casts 100% at 45-50 points, so its a handy alternative/fill in for enchanted apples. Just have to remember to keep your karma up ;)

Tags: