Author Topic: Combo Templates  (Read 3435 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Combo Templates
« on: February 15, 2011, 11:20:26 AM »
A couple templates who can work together very nicely.

Player 1 - Sampire Tank
120 Swords
120 Bushido
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
100 Necro
75 Chivalry
60 Parry

That's with +30 Parry and +15 Chiv on jewelry. Resists will need to be 70/95/70/70/70 base. This is the tank char that will do DOT to whatever monster is being farmed. Armor will have LMC, HPI and DCI. Tactics are mostly Lightning Strike with Bushido and Weapon Specials. Chiv when needed.

Player 2 - Support
120 Magery (115 with -20 Mage weapon)
100 Meditation
120 Discord
120 Music
100 Peace
105 Necro
115 Spirit Speak

Using a -20 Magery weapon. Discord +30 and Magery +15 on jewelry, Necro +5 and Spirit Speak +10 on Talisman. Resists at 70's. When in Wraith Form you gain 15 Physical to offset the -15 Physical penalty from protection. 100% LRC and 40 LMC on suit. This char will follow the tank by one space and cast heals when required. Wither and EV's are also available when circumstances require it. Discord on target and emergency area Peace are available. When char is in wraith form and protection cast can heal self or get bandage heals from tank.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Combo Templates
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 11:32:19 AM »
Nice write up Cerveza on this idea. What Stats are you planning to run with both of them?

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 11:43:55 AM »
The guy with the weapon - dex

The guy with who casts - int

:P

Personal preference really. On my melee dexers I like to maintain 120 dex/stam. On my mage I'd want enough stamina that I could push through something....
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 07:12:11 AM »
And now to completely blow your minds....

Here's the new template for the Tank.

120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Parry
120 Tactics
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
50 Chiv (+30 Jewelry)

Yeah, you heard me. NO NECRO! "Oh my God, he's gone crazy!! How can a tank not be a Sampire?!? OH the Humanity!!"

For a SOLO char, nothing will ever beat the Sampire. But the point of this is to run 2+ accounts. So I took a long look at just what I was getting for being a Sampire and what I was losing.

Benefit - Immune to Poison (mostly)
Benefit - Life Leech
Drawback - Huge hit on fire resist (-25)
Drawback - Limited Parry when healing is on char
Drawback - 99 points used in Necro for basically 1 spell
Drawback - Skill crunch doesn't allow for max damage

Remove Necro and Samp portion and you have...

- Healing and Curing can be done with Bandages and by Support char
- Resists are much easier to make
- 120 Parry blocks 35% of blows with a one handed weapon
- Higher tactics allows more damage
- Easier to get to 70+ Chivalry for more reliable Chiv casting

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 09:35:32 AM »
What will be the damage benefit with having both anatomy and Tactics. Just thinking of numbers. Curious to bounce some numbers around on damage vs skill points.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 09:51:50 AM »
The thing about anatomy is that I need it regardless of the damage output. On a pure Sampire you don't have anatomy/healing at all... Damage is based on Tactics and building up perfection with crits and specials.

By maxing out Tactics you are gaining the most damage. Then adding in Anatomy at 100 for the additional Evasion time AND heals AND damage it really helps out.

Since this is a team effort I'm thinking that the life leech from swings won't really be missed. I noticed this with my healing Sampire and my support char. The support char wasn't casting very much at all because the Samp was leeching health enough to stay full. I'm thinking that he could be spamming heal/cures, and with the Tank running constant bandages, I shouldn't miss life leech at all.

I have a char like this built already. I ran him farming last night unattended for about 6 hours with a bandage script running. Without any kind of Life Leech on him at all he only used 3 bandages over the 6 hours. Honoring targets really helps with the refill you get when they die.

Tags: