Author Topic: Hi UO'rs, My name is WizWald!  (Read 3317 times)

Offline WizWaldTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • WizWald has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hi UO'rs, My name is WizWald!
« on: September 15, 2014, 12:36:06 PM »
I started UO October of 98. Had watched a friend of mine and his son play at their house and I just HAD to try this thing!
I believed I'd be an expert because I had played all the Ultima versions on my 386 / 486 based machines running DOS 5 to 6.22, so I HAD to know it all. Plus now I had a fancy Windows 95 machine with graphics and a MOUSE! This was gunna be a breeze.

Started my account and started making a character. Didn't really put much thought into skills because I was an expert already. *cough*
What's this now? Town? Hm, well Minoc sounds fine to me.
Got into the game and was at the inn  in Minoc. ICQ'd my friend and told him I was in the game. I had run around a bit in the first 'layer' of buildings in north Minoc and was amazed. So he asked me 'where are you?' Well I'd already forgotten the town, but I told him I was south of an inn standing by a statue of 2 nakid ppl. Between him and his son they found me in about 60 seconds.

They led me to the bank and wanted to show me the 'ins and outs', but I'd have none of that! I was an expert! *cough*

So he gave me 10K and let me be saying "ICQ me when you need"

So I went to the armorer and bought some chainmail and one of those 'Trojan Condom' helmets, then over to get a sword. All outfitted, south I went. Ran into a timber wolf and figured let's hack this silly thing up. Swing and a miss. Growl and off with my thigh. Swing and a miss and I had no bowels and I was red lined. Running back to town I will never forget some vet yelling "Hit and Runner!"
I was embarrassed and my mental expert status went to idiot. I've never underestimated what this game or the people in it can do to you since that moment.

I saw the New Lands open, was the first to come into town riding a llama.
I went threw the first night of Tele-Storming in Tram, placed my castle both nights. It still stands.

I've never stopped and never will till they pull the plug but even then, they will have to rip my Silver katana of Vanq from my cold and dying hands.

*Waves*

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Hi UO'rs, My name is WizWald!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 12:48:14 PM »
Lol, I remember my first riding llama!  My personal favorites were the frenzied ostards!  Man, I was obsessed over those!  I loved running around the new lands and hearing their "roar" off in the distance!

Welcome!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 01:00:29 PM »
WizWald... great name!

So I went to the armorer and bought some chainmail and one of those 'Trojan Condom' helmets

You have breached our walls! Welcome aboard :)
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 02:11:50 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 03:07:51 PM »
Welcome to ScriptUO and hello all. I am hijacking this intro and saying I have been real busy with work and audits :(

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 03:16:45 PM »
Yuck, audits? 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 10:02:30 AM »
Great intro! Welcome to SUO  ;D

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 04:52:47 PM »
Very nice intro, thank you. Welcome!!!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 05:52:58 PM »
Welcome to SUO.   
Nice intro into memory line. 

Tags: