Author Topic: Masscre' --- Magic Residue Factory !!  (Read 37315 times)

Offline slyone

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • slyone has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Masscre' --- Magic Residue Factory !!
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2012, 06:34:22 PM »
This script is awesome!  Thanks for the contribution!!
Started playing back at the Second Age

Offline MasscreTopic starter

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2012, 06:40:20 AM »
This script is awesome!  Thanks for the contribution!!

Thank you and you are welcome. Did you have any issues with the newer version or anything you would like to see added?

Offline slyone

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • slyone has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2012, 03:37:18 PM »
I have been running this non stop since last night with no problems.  I have a mule with gm bowcraft, gm arms lore, gm tinkering, 40 imbuing and plenty of oak boards.  I haven't seen any issues with imbuing, ghosting items, or running out of tools.

The setup is very simple and easy.

The menu has some good stats but it seems to have a specific location on screen.  I'm running the client on my second monitor and whenever the menu updates it always redraws to the same location in the center of my main screen.  Also, the text boxes only have room for 4 digits.  Since I'm using over 4 digits of boards and making over 4 digits of residue, the text boxes are not long enough.

The one thing I thought that may be a good addition is hiding while crafting the bows.  I tried to start out by hiding but I don't think you can unravel while hidden so i revealed the first time i unravelled.  It might be nice to hide right after unraveling.  This is an unnecessary addition because the script is awesome as is and it may introduce timing issue with the crafting tool menu, but it might be a nice addition if it works out.

Thanks again!
Started playing back at the Second Age

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2012, 04:21:47 PM »
Thank you for the comments. I knew about the issues with the specific placement of the menu bar and have plans to look at that. Also will look into the issues with only 4 digits thank you again.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2013, 06:34:22 AM »
Yo Mass!

Just wanted to pop in on this one as I fired it up last night to burn through 40-50k oak boards so I could get enough essence to train Imbuing up and I didn't want to write my own. Everything went great and I woke up this morning quite happy with about 22k essence and no oak. Job well done!

Just a couple comments if you are wanting any, if not please disregard :)

First, like was already mentioned, it would be nice if you could lengthen the size of the fields to display up to a 7-digit number; 4 is definitely not enough. That's a pretty quick and simple change.

Also, again as already mentioned, the menu resetting itself to your specific location is kind of irritating. This is easily addressed by either a) not specifying where to create the menu or b) simply updating the fields instead of recreating the menu each time (it's better to update your fields instead of redrawing the menu anyhow so this would be my suggestion).

Last, you have a number of waits in there that could vary for different people and or lag situations. These caused me issues twice while I ran it where the timing was thrown off and it was done waiting for a menu before the menu returned then got caught in a loop. Probably a lag spike or something. Instead you should consider waiting for the gump to return before moving on instead of using a specific wait time.

The above would benefit greatly by using subs to do your clicking and gump-waiting for you. A lot of us have pre-written subs for clicking and gump-waiting that you can go ahead and use until you feel like writing your own, feel free to use mine if you want (in my script library). This will make your scripts a lot more stable and more easily supported across different user environments.

Please don't take these as criticism, only my own observations and input. This script is golden, it's a must have in anyone's standard script library! If you could make those couple of changes it would also be a little closer to indestructible :)

Peace.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2013, 09:14:58 AM »
Thank you 12X^ I will look at the menu issues those should be easy fixes as you say and it will make this program run a lot more stable. The other parts I will look into in the future as I get more time. Again thank you for the constructive approach you took.

Offline Pirate Roberts

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pirate Roberts has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2015, 05:07:07 PM »
Is there a way to add tinkering and unraveling dull copper hammers with this 1 Ingot= about 3 residue?

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2015, 08:59:36 PM »
Manwinc has a trainer that makes DC hammers, look at his code for some ideas. http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=8968.0

Offline Pirate Roberts

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pirate Roberts has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2015, 10:48:56 AM »
Manwinc has a trainer that makes DC hammers, look at his code for some ideas. http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=8968.0

I tweaked his to make and unravel dull copper hammers and nothing else.  It helps for the quests that give out runic mallet/chisels.  Thanks for the shout out to a brother from Central FL!  Orlando here, well actually Apopka.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2015, 03:17:38 PM »
Mount Dora here, lol small world.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2015, 05:27:09 PM »

I tweaked his to make and unravel dull copper hammers and nothing else.  It helps for the quests that give out runic mallet/chisels.  Thanks for the shout out to a brother from Central FL!  Orlando here, well actually Apopka.

Can you post your tweaked, Maybe useful to other as well.

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2015, 03:57:43 PM »

North Georgia Here !! :)

We are having more of the 13 degree weather. I hate the cold !!

Tags: