Author Topic: Vampire Merlot  (Read 17847 times)

Offline NicarTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Vampire Merlot
« on: June 29, 2008, 08:44:44 AM »
+1
I'm not sure if my inexperience wine taste thinks this is a good Merlot at a decent price ($10), but I enjoy the flavors in it. Not as much of a wine buff as I am a beer buff, but, my family likes this wine. It may be because it also has a history. There's a Renessiance Festival every year outside of Houston, goes on for about 5 weekends. This Vampire line was one that this little wine shop sells. We got a bottle the first time ($22 at freakin festival) and my mom, brother and I enjoyed it. The next year we may of had 2 bottles of it and my mom bought 5 more bottles before two weeks later finding it for $10 bucks a bottle)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Vampire Merlot
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 07:02:05 PM »
+1
I will certainly look for this.  Being from Cali, I have all kinds of possibilities regarding wines.  Beer not so much, unless Germany calls again.  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gateCrasher

• Activity:
    0%
  • gateCrasher has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 10:21:32 AM »
+1
I'm not sure if my inexperience wine taste thinks this is a good Merlot at a decent price ($10), but I enjoy the flavors in it. Not as much of a wine buff as I am a beer buff, but, my family likes this wine. It may be because it also has a history. There's a Renessiance Festival every year outside of Houston, goes on for about 5 weekends. This Vampire line was one that this little wine shop sells. We got a bottle the first time ($22 at freakin festival) and my mom, brother and I enjoyed it. The next year we may of had 2 bottles of it and my mom bought 5 more bottles before two weeks later finding it for $10 bucks a bottle)

I drink it from time to time. And i know all about the TexRenFest :) I was going every year until I moved out of Houston. Our usual tradition was to:
 * Arrive
 * Buy a commemorative goblet
 * Find the nearest vendor selling mead
 * Get chilled mead, pour into goblet
 * drink
 * rinse and repeat

The last time we went, we stumbled upon a mead tasting booth. By then we were 9 sheets to the wind, and spent a little time in there. The wives were outside giving us all the stink eye because the little wench behind the counter was boisterous and boobilicious.

/gC

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 06:51:08 PM »
+1

I drink it from time to time. And i know all about the TexRenFest :) I was going every year until I moved out of Houston. Our usual tradition was to:
 * Arrive
 * Buy a commemorative goblet
 * Find the nearest vendor selling mead
 * Get chilled mead, pour into goblet
 * drink
 * rinse and repeat

The last time we went, we stumbled upon a mead tasting booth. By then we were 9 sheets to the wind, and spent a little time in there. The wives were outside giving us all the stink eye because the little wench behind the counter was boisterous and boobilicious.

/gC
Aren't they all boobilicious?   :)   mmm, how I enjoy it. Not mead, too sweet. got a pewter stein one year and a wooden one year before.. drinking out of both is good

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 08:46:44 PM »
+1
Still checking around for this stuff with no avail.  I could use a little boobiliciousness too!
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 04:04:48 AM »
+1
I actually think vampire merlot is from...   trannsylvania   :P

Offline gateCrasher

• Activity:
    0%
  • gateCrasher has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 06:45:11 PM »
+1
Still checking around for this stuff with no avail.  I could use a little boobiliciousness too!

Here's a 12 pack for under a hundred bucks!

http://www.winerx.com/vsku1027334.html?utm_source=Google%20Products&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=VAMPIRE%20MERLOT

:)

/gC

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 09:01:21 AM »
+1
I actually had a chance to try this a couple days ago.  It was very good.  Also tried their Pinot Nior and it was very good as well.  Cost Plus for $8.00/bottle in California if anyone else is interested.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Paradise

• Activity:
    0%
  • Paradise has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 08:02:17 AM »
+1
I've never been much of a drinker.. I mean an occasional wine or beer at dinner once in a blue moon.  But now that I'm preggors and can't have any alcohol you would think that I was an alcoholic the way I crave it! Forget the pickles I want sushi crab beer and wine! *sigh* I'll try these when I'm done =)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 09:57:16 AM »
+1
I've always been amazed at the strange stuff women crave when they are pregnant.  grapefruit, soy sauce and vinegar mixed???  WTF.  (from my girlfriend.)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Paradise

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 11:08:22 AM »
+1
lol Your post had a strange effect on me.  I had both a feeling of disgust and yet my interest was piqued and my mouth watered at the same time ?  Maybe I'll get brave enough to try that =P

Is your girl pregnant currently?

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 11:21:46 AM »
+1
Nope, that was her daughter from 12 years ago.  Every time my girly wants to gross me out, she'll mention that story.  Yuck.   hehe.  Oh well, it didn't have much effect on her daughter since she's a goofy little one now.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Paradise

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 11:34:31 AM »
+1
lol Yeah I'm sure my hubby will give you his undying gratitude if I turn out to like that concoction :P

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 09:47:53 AM »
+1
lol Yeah I'm sure my hubby will give you his undying gratitude if I turn out to like that concoction :P

More like he'll hunt me down and kill me for suggesting such a horrendous brew.  Lol.

I'm just jazzed to see there are still females playing UO and participating in boards.  And script-cheating to boot!  heh
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Paradise

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 11:20:30 AM »
+1
Really?! I'm surprised, from what I have seen there are more female gamer participants than ever! When I started UO so many years ago, I knew of 2 maybe 3 females tops that played UO with me.  We were so rare back then that most people never believed I was a real female :P  I also used to love to pvp to boot which further made them believe I couldn't be female.  I also ran a pvp guild, and I remember this one member in particular... he was a guildmember for 3 years or so before our guild started using roger wilco.  First day on it and I started talking and he goes OMG --SHE'S A CHICK! I was astonished.  I replied "Um all these years... I've known you... I am pretty sure I said I was female..." and he replied with " I thought you were roleplaying!"  ::)

Now I see females everywhere on all types of games =)

Tags: