Author Topic: Tinker Trainer  (Read 34495 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Tinker Trainer
« on: November 11, 2009, 02:50:07 PM »
+1
Paulonius' Tinker Trainer

This script is a simple tinker trainer for going from 0 to GM using a minimum of ingots.  CEO's trainer was not working for me and it has always annoyed me that it makes heating stands instead of the newer jewelry options that take fewer ingots. The script is not super fast at the transition point from 25 to 35.  I left this dead spot in to conserve ingots as you don't lose ingots on failure with clock parts, but you do with gears.  I will look at how it goes and may change this if it hangs for too long, but you get a lot of free gains in there if you are not in a huge hurry. The script will save gears, clockparts and lockpicks, but will trash the spoons, bracelets and rings.  Estimate approximately 15,000 ingots and 10 hours from 0 - 100 tink.

WARNING: This script throws away any bracelets, rings, and a variety of other junk that might be in your backpack. Don't have anything you want to keep in your backpack.

Set Up

Be standing within reach of a trashbarrel
Have a tinker kit in your backpack
Have a secure with only iron ingots on the top level that you can reach
If you are working at the bank have the iron ingots in a bag in the bank box.  
The ingot secure/bag should also have some tinker kits if you are at zero skill

UPDATE 25 May 2011 - Version .30 (In Testing)

Intriduced a new structure to the crafted item check that should eliminate the issue there
Refined Siege Perilous RoT wait gains.  RoT waits are triggered by using the script on Siege Perilous.

There are a couple of things I still need to put into this script which include, but are probably not limited to:

1. Full Backpack safeguard
2. Skill tracker
3. Open status bar sub
4. A wait in the trash sub for a full trash barrel (not necessary at bank). As currently built its not an issue if your toon is the only one throwing things in the trash as the cycle takes longer on everything but spoons than the trash cycle.
5. Menu control for halting the script that triggers backpack cleanup.

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Tinker Trainer .20.txt
Tinker Trainer .30.txt
Tinker_Trainer_.15.txt
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 09:03:00 AM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Tinker Trainer
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 09:37:43 AM »
+1
Used it last night to finish off my mid 80's tinker. No hangups, no problems Paul.

Thanks!

Offline Peppar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Peppar has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 05:16:39 AM »
+1
Useing this now and no problems at all. Would love a menu to see my gains but thats just a ++ I guess. It does the work perfect and soon at 100 now.

Thanks for the script.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 06:12:33 AM »
+1
Updated the craft gumps for publish 65
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 08:03:40 PM »
+1
Very Nice Paul. I used it from 90 this morning before I left for work and it was really fast. I think it took 2-3 hours to finish off the last 10 points.

The last time I used CEO's tinker and the last 10 points took me forever. I remember setting it up prior to work and comming back and it still not having reached 100.

Kudos!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 08:36:24 AM »
+1
This worked great until i hit bracelets.  then it never dumped them.  It looks like the dump sequence is only set off when you hit a certain weight which is not as effective when the items become one stone per or non stacking.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 09:46:31 AM »
+1
If you restart it, it should begin by dumping, but that's odd and I will look into it.

-Mario Andretti

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 05:07:47 PM »
+1
I ended up running it with 7 clockwork assemblies in my pack to force the weight monitor to go off.  I just wasn't having luck for some reason.  Then it worked flawlessly.  I am gm now or else i would give it another shot.  It did not respond to three restarts at the time.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 08:30:32 AM »
+1
I don't know if it is the quality of my connection or what, but I have made ten GM tinkers with it and the only error I have ever seen is a misfire where it makes the wrong item and fills your pack with them. I will calendar a re-write on this with the update on the blacksmith trainer for the first week of August. Maybe I will just turn them into a single script...

-Mario Andretti

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 12:47:05 PM »
+1
A single script is a nice idea. Even better would be a Crafter Skill builder script that built up all crafting skills (Carpentry,Smith,Tailor,Tinker,Fletching,Imbuing and possibly ArmsLore).

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 12:53:19 PM »
+1
Sort of a unified crafter trainer, I like it.  Call it the UCT. I have written smith, tinker and tailor in a format that can easily be conformed into one script. Adding carpentry and fletching would be easy. The tailor script uses a second script to cut stuff up, but that doesn't matter.  I could probably use the same side script to chop up wooden junk. Not sure putting imbuing in would be feasible, but I will think about it.  Would be fun if you could tell it to do skills in sequence.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 01:05:58 PM »
+1
Yes that sounds very exciting and most same skills (ie crafting) can be picked and poked to work using the same general build just do a different skill and maybe a different skill gain point or steps.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 12:23:36 PM »
+1
Script has been updated to address ingot pull missing multiple ingot stacks and to incorporate Siege Perilous RoT timer.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 12:28:42 PM »
+1
How many ingots should it take to get it up to around say 75 tinkering Paul with the ROT system?

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 12:39:05 PM »
+1
I dunno yet, I just started playing with it, but maybe I can come up with a projection:

Lets see:

I got from 23 to 70 using about 1200 ingots.

An educated guess from zero might be 1500, but its the same as on any other shard.

Once you hit 70, it ought to gain on every attempt and appears to be doing that for me.  

The items I have the script making average 2-3 ingots per. Lets say 4 to be conservative.  

5 full points is 50 gains, which at 4 ingots per would be 200 ingots.  

Projected total ingots required from zero to 75 then is about 1700 ingots.  Total to GM would be 2700.  

I think those figures are probably on the high side.

-Mario Andretti

Tags: