Author Topic: Solo Twisted Weald/Glade Champion Spawn (Sampire)  (Read 53340 times)

Offline seeriusly

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • seeriusly has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Solo Twisted Weald/Glade Champion Spawn (Sampire)
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 07:29:35 PM »
+1
After 5 months of trying ths spawn, I have to report my success.  The Dread Horn Statue is MINE! weeee!  It sounds so cool too when locked down.  muhahaha.  Oh btw...  The momentum strike technique gives you drops.   :-X

Offline Kane12

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kane12 has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2012, 05:32:23 PM »
+1
Congrats.........

One question i have fighting the centaurs.......how do you get them to engage you for a multiple whirlwind?
Every time i do this, they rin from me shooting arrows.......so i cant whirl wind multiple centaurs.....
T

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2012, 07:01:16 PM »
+1
With the EC Client (Pinco UI FTW) you can use the scroll wheel and set it to to attack nearest and farthest. All you have to do is move the scroll wheel and you can get them all to swarm you. That's what I've always done when spawning...it's as easy as pie. ;)

I think many people thought I was using some script or illegal tactic when getting all the centaurs to attack me.

You just have to be careful of Cu Sidhes and Satyrs nearby which are of neutral alignment. I would always lure them up to the desert during Tier 2.

You have to watch out for the Dryads as well they don't walk into your Whirlwinds.

Let us know how it goes!

Get that coveted Dreadhorn Statuette!

Belated Congratulations seeriusly! There's some work involved to get that statuette! Nicely done! 8)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 07:04:55 PM by Ultima »

Offline Kane12

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2012, 07:16:03 PM »
+1
ah....I play on the original 2d client....so everytime I attack a centaur, they run from me and shoot arrows....lol.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2012, 08:59:11 PM »
+1
You can set up a 2D macro to do the same thing.

Select nearest mobile
Attack selected

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2012, 09:13:43 PM »
+1
If you use UOAssist, you can also set the macro to your mouse wheel.  Very helpful tool for spawns.

Offline swroberts

• Activity:
    0%
  • swroberts has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2012, 09:18:36 AM »
+1
The original post is fantastic and took a "I will never solo that one" to "this just might happen".

I thought I would share a few things that I have found over the last couple days.

Important Weapons -
Swords - Defiler of Virtue - Fey Slayer Katana (Double Strike/Armor Ignor) (25% ssi, 50% hit lightning, 30% hit Lower Defence, Stam Regen 2, FC 1, DI 60%), works wonders on the Satyrs and Centaurs.  Now this weapon doesn't have any leaches so I carry a Shield with 30% Soul Charge, and am anal about the honor(not so much on 2nd level but definitely 3rd because you get that little mana bump), divine fury for stamina...along with EOO.  These swords are out there for sale...running between 3-4 mil.

Archers - Ironwood Composite Bow - Few Slayer(Medusa Drop) (moving shot/Armor Ignor)- Solo can move through level 1 quick, Level 2 is a grind(takes me 9min 30s to hit enough Centaurs) so there is not alot of down time.  2 Archers might have a better time. I could not kill enough Satyrs to solo this spawn with 1 char.  On a side note this bow rocks the first 3 levels of the Forest Lord spawn, because of the ridges( the monsters spawn on) and impassable trees to get to them.  Centaurs are leve 3 here.  Haven't tried a solo there yet (last was with 2 other people(no raid yeeaaa), but will work that once I get the Dreadhorn.  Any Sampire worth his salt can kill Medusa in 45-40 min, and the bow is a fairly common drop, and there is also that possibility of the Slither Drop.

Level 1 - Works perfectly as original post
Level 2 - It seems they changed to AI of archers to run and shoot instead of swarm.  Mouse wheel and chasing them down you can kill them in 1(with Armor ignor) or 2 hits.  I vary, managing my mana since the weapon doesn't have any leeches.  I run about a 6min per red candle.  Use you time here and at about 5min with 4 whites, take out a couple Paragon Centaurs(with Honor) and get your mana up.
Level 3-Still have trouble here killing enough but the Defiler of Virtue certainly helped - Honor, Lightning Strike, Double Strike, Lightning Strike, Lightning Strike - Or if you miss then another double strike(honor is key here for mana)...don't us armor ignor because you get more points with double strike.  I noticed that the initial reds I was running about 9min 45secs, but the 3rd candle of this level took me around 6mins...Not sure if there is anything to it though.
Level 4 - Works perfectly as original post
Twalo - Kicked my Sampire ass, so I went and got my bard and used Discord/Rising Collosses -

I recommend timing yourselves, if you are at 5min with 1 white at level 3...stop....use the next 5min to kill 2 paragon Satyrs and refresh your drink.

Note 1: The new legendary drops in Cov go a great distance...Hit level 4 and you can really deck yourself out in some serious mana Increase/Intelligence Bonus/Mana Regen...Pay particular note to your Phy resist(Satyr damage), Cold/Energy Resist-For the unfortunate strike from Cus.  Just make sure u kill all the Centaurs...thay are looters, and they seem to like Legendary Artifact cursed items.

Note 2: Archers, this is a perfect spawn for collecting arrows...Blow through the first level, and kill centaurs and collect 75-80 per centaur with 2 hits from the Ironwood Composite Bow...you will be sitting at 10,000 in no time.

Well I hope I have provided something useful here....

« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 09:26:34 AM by swroberts »

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2012, 11:17:55 AM »
+1
Best of luck! As with most things in life it gets easier the more times you do it.

The double axe really makes it easy because it's a hard hitter. I've tested all the Fey Slayer Weapons (Wind Of Corruption, Defiler of Virtue, Ironwood CompositeBow) in the Weald but they didn't perform as well as 100% Fire Weapons.

Those wood dwelling furry creatures do not like fire! ???

Offline seeriusly

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2012, 07:10:53 PM »
+1
The centaurs seem to act different these days.  They won't come towards you anymore.  Making the second level a bit more tedious.

Offline Kane12

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2012, 08:21:46 PM »
+1
Yea...that is what prompted my response when I saw pics showing dead centaurs with whirlwind attack...They continue to run away from me and I end up having to hunt them down one at a time lol

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2012, 08:35:10 PM »
+1
Are you guys sure about  the Centaurs!?

Don't make me log in with my sampire! (I haven't logged in with one for 9 months)!

When I do T-Maps with my Thrower Grubber still responds to repeated attacks.

If they start running off re-target them and they come back! No!?

Still works on Grubber so don't see why it would be different for Centuars.

Offline Kane12

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2012, 10:22:33 PM »
+1
I went to run the twisted again tonite....and confirmed that even with clicking/tagging the centaurs multiple times, they still run from you.

Makes for a long 2nd tier fight with the centaurs...I have resorted to using the ironwood bow with armor ignore and enemy of one. I can drop them in 1-2 hits per and it takes the sting out of the grind some.

But the last 2 times I have ran this, I have not gotten past the satyrs.....I keep getting all paragon satyrs before I can finish the tier.

It takes a while to pull off and take another character with 120 music and 120 provo to get dogs on the paragon satyrs to kill some off to get normals to spawn.....I fail alot using exceptional instruments (not aware of any slayer or super slayers to increase my chances).

My last two attempts have failed lol after I gave up at 3 hours and 2 1/2 hours lol.

If anyone has any further input on this let me know.

Aside from that....I have completed prolly close to 8 or so spawns and managed one drop (the bardiche - quell I believe it was called).

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2012, 11:09:10 PM »
+1
Heh! Kane your post reminds me of my frustrations I've had. Trust me I've been there. I've had to leave the Weald with my tail tucked between my legs many times.

Centaurs you need Cold Weapon. I use a 100% Cold weapon with 50% Hit Cold Area.  Just make sure the Dryads, Satyr, and Cu Sidhes are no where near you when using Hit Area. I'm tellin' you guys Fey is not the way to go. I wish it was but it's not optimal. 100% Fire Composite I'm willing to bet would deal out more damage than the Ironwood. Easy to craft with runics since the changes.

Usually when Tier 3 starts I'll kill off the remaining Centaur and then advance the spawn with Valor. This will renew the timer to 10 mins. So I never stress when the Satyrs first spawn...I take a minute or so and make sure everything is cleared out and to my liking. Sometimes I'll even kill the Dryads.

If you get all Paragons Satyrs lure one to the gate and hit and run back out the exit. This is why the double axe is such great weapon with it's double strike. Tier 3 is also when I change armor to maximize Mana Increase (Helm of Insight, Int Ring and Bracelet etc).

What shard are you doing this on? (PM me and I'll come watch)

Don't give up. Get the 100% Fire Double Axe and a Mana suit for Tier 3. I think I have around 100 Mana when I switch suits. Makes double striking over and over a breeze. Cut through them Satyr's like a hot knife through butter. 8)

Offline seeriusly

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2012, 03:42:50 PM »
+1
satyrs has it's downs, but I hardly ever end up in too bad of shape.  Once I get all paragons, I just kill off 2 of them and am usually good to go.  They are disco'd of course, and I just hit them a few times then bounce out of gate then rinse repeat. Regular satyrs though only 2 to 3 hits with fey slayer katana... honor before, and you're golden.  Counter strike always on for that bonus every now and then, double strike and lightning strike finishes them off pretty easily.

Offline Kane12

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2012, 06:54:24 PM »
+1
Thanks for the additional input and insight.

I ran another one earlier today and started working on the pop in and out with the paragon satyr.

I did find using the ironwood takes 1-2 hits to kill the centaurs. I armor ignore and honor and get one hit kills followed by a 2 hit kill not using the armor ignore. I have started running the archer on the first and second tiers now and get on my samphire once I hit tier 3 with the satyr.

It's a work in progress for me.....

I am also taking Ultima's idea on the suit for my samphire with the added mana and see how it works for me.

I should also park a disco char for the paragon satyrs also...good idea...

I will update as I continue to go thru my learning and building of tactics....and will share anything new I stumble into.

I expect to do this for quite a while to get that statue....

:)

Tags: