Author Topic: Stuck Parry  (Read 2205 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Stuck Parry
« on: July 01, 2010, 05:31:48 AM »
Not sure what has happened. I trained two toons up Saturday from 40 to 100 parry in the sheep farm. Toons were not very developed when I did it, had maybe 350 skill points. Parry cruised.

I started two more there yesterday and they zipped from 40 to 90 and stopped cold.  I moved them, I killed their sheep and got new ones, and I bought down the skill that parry was pulling from into another skill. Can't seem to figure out why its stuck. This is the last skill I am training on these toons as it has generally been the easiest.

Would love it if someone knows what is stopping these toons from gaining as these are parry throwers and I really can't take them out until they GM on account of the penalty.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck Parry
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 05:49:08 AM »
I know you have checked this Paul but am gonna ask anyway because of how i am, What is your total skill cap for these toons and how old is your account? Now what is your used skill cap? What are the skills at that you currently have total?

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 07:45:21 AM »
Account has 720 total points available. There are 30 points in a skill that is turned down.

I managed to get parry to move by switching my training from the sheep pen to beating on the toon with a fencer on another account.   There appears to be a difference in training parry on a fully developed character and on a newer character, but I have done both before and never gotten stuck like this.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 07:51:45 AM »
maybe you could try stoneing the 30 points in the skill you are dropping (and then removing it from the soul stone so as to not waste a charge), and try it with just 30 points to gain? instead of 30 points to lose?
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 08:27:07 AM »
I got it working by whacking on that toon with a melee character, and in the course of doing that confirmed that parry is still not working when you are holding a throwing weapon.  I have to change the template and dump parry anyway, so its sort of irrellevant. Oh well, off to change the template!

-Mario Andretti

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 08:59:54 AM »
I'm wondering if your malee skill was making it too difficult for the sheep to hit you. It would have been interesting to duplicate the problem then stone off your malee or to hold a weapon in your hand for a skill you didn't have.

I've trained parry to 100-120 with low-level mobs on otherwise completed characters plenty of times. Very interesting.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 10:18:22 AM »
I just trained it up with 0 problems. It's on a bush char so I got 50 bush (now I can parry with weapon instead of shield), then I got a slow weapon which I had 0 skill in. In this case, I was swords so I used a black staff.

Few hours 50-120. Beat on sheep. If gains slow a bit, kill em all and beat on the next group.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Tags: