Author Topic: Become a UO Merchant and Make a Virtual Mint  (Read 10903 times)

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Become a UO Merchant and Make a Virtual Mint
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 12:42:57 PM »
On Pacific I have 2 Vender Houses and 2-3 Venders at each house.  I did not realize that there would be so much maintenance.  About once a week I need to go Spam at Luna Bank to let people know that I have Vender Spots for Rent.  There is so much turn-over.  Sometimes I lose about 4-5 Venders a week.  It seems like contant juggling to make sure I have Vender Contracts in stock.  The pain is when people need to reclaim their inventory from the House Sign and then I need to replace their Vender (I tell them to put a 1 Million Gold Piece Check on your Vender and have a friend buy it) or they forgot all together and it goes into the Moving Crate.  On the other hand, what goes into the Moving Crate is now mine and I have received some pretty nice items from forgetful venders.  My philosophy is this:  If you do not have time to check your Venders at least once a week, then you have no business having a Vender at my House.

On the other hand, Paulonius is correct in saying that you need to sell "What is Hot at the Moment".  Right now, it seems to be the Imbuing Ingredients, especially Crystalline Blackrock and Relic Fragments.  Also Oak Boards, Mining Gems,  Balms and Lotions including Gems of Salvation...

Having a Vender is a Love-Hate relationship -- Ihate doing it, but love the gold that they give me...  ;D
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2009, 03:22:23 PM »
Really, really good post.  I think it's interesting that, as a fellow successful merchant, I follow precisely the same strategy.

Great minds...

:)

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 05:20:46 AM »
Great Read!  This makes me want to start using my vendor for real instead of just throwing a few 120's on it a month. When I first set my vendor up I was putting frost wood on it hardcore (Before the LJ change) the guy down the street was the leader for wood so I under cut him just a bit. Now that I read this I bet he was buying all my wood HAHA. Later his house was burned, bummer for him. I lost interest when the LJ changes came though. Again Great Read.

Tags: