Author Topic: Dad has found a new home....  (Read 1788 times)

Offline cbreunigTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • cbreunig has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Dad has found a new home....
« on: June 18, 2014, 09:49:58 AM »
Hey everyone,

Even though scriptuo may not have been around this long, it only took me 16.5 years to find this new home :)

After playing UO off and on, mostly on from Christmas 1997 - 2003, trying out some other MMORPG's along the way, but always seeming to end back playing UO, here we are today, back in UO, since early May this year.

Dad, well that's what the kids call me, but in '97, when our friend Tony pointed my Son and I towards this game called Ultima Online, he had just gotten to try out. The next day, after he went on for what seemed like hours about it's coolness, it was off to the game store to buy 2 copies, load it and get to the name/character creation.  Son was first, and at 10, he named his first character "theboy", his nickname to that point irl and still used at times today :)  Well, back to me, sorry old age (48) kicking in, I was like "boy", what did you name your character, response: "theboy",  ahh - cool, as I remember still today - so I'll be Dad!  A week or two later as the wife joined in for her crafting deco rares adventures and bull killing awesomeness, you should know the name she chose.(I hope)

Dial up connections, icq, client leaks, UOExtreme, looting house keys, killing folks, running around naked as a mage, looting houses while the owner tried to figure out what was going on - the good ol days of Lake Superior then Lake Austin when it arrived. Oh yea, Don't forget the 486x66 cpu with 16megs a ram, 640 meg hard drive, 9600 baud modem, with the 17in monitor (the size of the microwave hanging on your wall today) for the cheap price of $3500 in the US.

Well, since Mom, Dad and theboy are back playing again, I better run and go help someone - luckily, even though I have died many times in UO I am still alive and kicking irl.

Looking forward to helping and participating in the new home.  If anyone needs help finding the "any key", PM me, I found it last year.

Keeping it real since......well, I forget, but hopefully you remember after reading this!

Peace,
Dad (in UO & RL)

PS. I would have been here a week or so sooner if I could have figured out how to adjust the vertical buttons with the sliders a little faster on the registration page!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 10:06:04 AM by cbreunig »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Dad has found a new home....
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 01:53:56 PM »
Welcome to the site, Dad.   

Sorry about those registration sliders, etc.  Those are the things that have to happen to keep the spambots from taking over.  Thankfully it seems to frustrate the bots a little more than the actual users.  heh

I think the first computer I had running UO was an early 486 or AMDs equivalent.  Amazing how things have changed.  lol
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 01:54:54 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 09:29:36 AM »
Welcome aboard :)

486x66 was my first comp too :D the good old days
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 03:22:53 AM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: