Author Topic: The Taming Appraiser  (Read 78552 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: The Taming Appraiser
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2011, 06:20:17 AM »
I have some updates in the works for this to stabilize it more. I actually had them completed, but a power hit forced me to revert to an older system backup and my work was lost.

Once I get this next portion in (journal scanning) then there shouldn't be a problem with targeting the wrong thing.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tarpan has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2011, 02:25:34 PM »
I've been on vacation for over a month but I'll be happy to use your script some more once I get everything all updated. :)

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2011, 11:05:46 PM »
I know I haven't been around for quite a while, crazy busy with work and real life, but I still use this script consistently! So again, thank you Cerv for helping me find those 4.5 star pets with ease!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2011, 02:09:56 AM »
NP, glad it helps. I've been meaning to give this project some lovin'... maybe I'll load up the tamer and make some adjustments to the script.

- Bane Dragons
- Faster?
- Scoring?
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2011, 03:45:00 AM »
New version 5.1L

Added Bane Dragons. Not tested.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 25, 2011, 05:24:08 AM »
I played with this a little over the weekend. I'll refine my tweaks for a release.

What I did. I put in this little part as the first thing when the ocr is called....

check the barding difficulty
if barding difficulty is less then 112 then say ALL KILL - target the critter and return in the script instead of evaluating further.

This got me thinking about putting more automation into the selection process for pets.

What I'd really like to do is have a CLAw for taming where you could input the stats/resists you are looking for and when you target a critter to check it will auto attack any that don't meet the criteria.

With the right tools in place, say a greater dragon as your killing machine, you could really just stand at a spawn and kill off anything that doesn't meet the criteria. Once one does meet whatever stats your looking for it would be possible to recall out and sound an alarm so you can come back and tame it.

Just brain storming at this point... but some real possibilities. The barding difficulty works great right now.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 25, 2011, 12:24:52 PM »
I would like to see the kill switch set up as a global so that I can hide a tamer and work the spawn, with the tamer sending out an alarm if it sees one it wants.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 25, 2011, 12:29:49 PM »
Yeah, that would be the way to do it... cycle spawn until one hits, then ensure it doesn't die so you can come back and manually tame it.

Offline onlyindreams

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2011, 12:12:41 PM »
I went out last night to tame myself a bane dragon. Forgive me but I forgot to save the pictures I took  :(

It seemed to work just fine EXCEPT, it never once got the BD's INT. That made every single one appear to have crappy stats (usually rated in the 60s). Other than that it appears to work as intended. I'll test it again sometime this week so I can get some screen shots of it!

Just a suggestion, but since all pets can have their dex raised to 125 post-taming(except just rune beetles afaik), maybe you should take that out of the equation. Then just focus the stats on HP, STR and INT. Just my opinion   :)

EDIT. This was running 5.1L

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2011, 12:28:52 PM »
I actually don't figure Dex into the percentage at all ;)

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2011, 06:38:28 PM »
In the future you might consider factoring it in for the pets that can have greater then 125 dex post tame. Rune beetles come to mind, and I'm sure there's 1-2 more.

I used this wonderful script to help me round up a few lesser hiryus for my 2 new dexxers and once again I've gotta say "You rock!". Lesser hiryus, on the other hand by and large suck. I wasn't able to find any that meet my standards for "keeper" and had to settle for a couple of placeholders.  :'(

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2011, 03:52:26 AM »
I've spent several hours on several days trying to get a decent Rune Beetle. It's even made me convert this script a bit (on my version) so that it looks at Barding Difficulty and if it's below a certain number (113 for runes) then it puts my pet on the target to kill it.

It got me thinking about a selection process where you could enter the stats you want (minimums) and it would kill off any that didn't meet the criteria.

The only thing holding me back is that I have more projects in mind then I have time :(

This is the Rune Beetle I got last night:

Rune Beetle
Hit Points: 360
Str/Dex/Int: 421 / 168 / 386
Resists: 64 / 42 / 45 / 94 / 40

Skills:
Wrestling: 63.5
Tactics: 80.1
Resist: 97.2
Anatomy: 0
Healing: 0
Poisoning: 123.3
Magery: 99
Eval Int: 108.1
Meditation: 86.8

I'm not sure if they are like Greater Dragons in that skills can be trained up to a % of what they were when they were tamed, or if they are "stuck" at what they are after taming.

*BTW: I realize this Rune Beetle isn't the greatest for PvM, the resists aren't high enough. This is a PvP Beetle so my concerns were more about Hit Points, Dex, Poisoning, Eval. With that in mind it's a vicious PvP Beetle:

Hits = 360/360 100%
Dex = 168/170 98% (two off max)
Poisoning = 123.3/126 98%
Eval = 108.1/112.5 96%

« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 04:14:37 AM by Cerveza »

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2011, 11:45:14 AM »
I think that beetles stay, they may have changed them when they introduced greater dragons though. I know their skills used to go down when they died and were unable to be trained back up so if your beetle died enough he'd eventually roll back to GM in everything. Go introduce your beetle to a shadow iron elemental and take note of any gains. :)

My beetle got eaten by a stable bug or something, or I forgot to stable him and logged out before he'd reappeared after hitting a house teleporter... so I've got to replace my beloved pixel pet. Sucks because I had him GM in everything that had to be trained post-tame.

Offline onlyindreams

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2011, 09:52:12 PM »
I think that beetles stay, they may have changed them when they introduced greater dragons though. I know their skills used to go down when they died and were unable to be trained back up so if your beetle died enough he'd eventually roll back to GM in everything. Go introduce your beetle to a shadow iron elemental and take note of any gains. :)

My beetle got eaten by a stable bug or something, or I forgot to stable him and logged out before he'd reappeared after hitting a house teleporter... so I've got to replace my beloved pixel pet. Sucks because I had him GM in everything that had to be trained post-tame.

The only thing a beetle will be above GM is magery and poisoning. As for the bolded part, I can't say for sure if it's true or not but I have noticed that it either takes forever for them to train back up, or it's correct.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2011, 03:54:33 AM »
Yeah, rune beetles are "as tamed" skills. Eval and Poisoning are possible to have over 100 at taming. I *think* maxes (post tame) are 110 Eval and 125 Poisoning.

Tags: Cerveza