Author Topic: Getting Back Into it  (Read 2000 times)

Offline XenomorpheTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Xenomorphe has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Getting Back Into it
« on: April 21, 2020, 12:01:20 PM »
Hello ScriptUO community I'm Xenomorphe from Pacific. 
I'll break the ice with a little bit about me.  I originally started playing Pacific back around 99-00 and played until about a year, or less, after AOS came out.  I've always played Pacific except for a couple of characters I made on Napa back in the day to PvP with some friends I had IRL. 
I recently came back to UO around 6 months ago and that was an adventure.  When I had quit I had given my accounts to a guildie that I had since lost touch with.  Assuming that I'd never get the accounts back I made an EJ account and wasn't really feeling it.  It was hard to come back from two accounts with scrolled characters to nothing.  I luckily found a good guild on Pac and one of the members mentioned that I could probably reclaim my accounts.  After a bit of back and forth I did get both back and I've really been enjoying the game again. 
Coming back has been pretty interesting for me.  I used to really only PvP before I quit and the change to an item based game is one of the main reasons that I quit in the first place.  Since PvP isn't a big thing on Pac anymore I've embraced the whole PVM thing and I've been enjoying playing my necro tamer for the most part.  I occasionally use my samp, but I really need to work on his suit before he's a regular for me.  There are so many new things to learn that it's been an enjoyable ride.  I really went all in on animal taming and pet training so far and I feel like I have a good understanding of the whole process now.  I've also been trying to get back into crafting since it feels like I'm not going to be able to use my samp to it's full potential until I get to where I can have a huge assortment of weapons.
I look forward to being accepted here and contributing in any way that I can.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Back Into it
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 12:10:36 PM »
Welcome to SUO community.   I known I saw that name in game recently.  Yes you do have a few good pet :).     having a guild that can help returning player is always nice.   We did have a few old member that have return with what going on.   

Thx for the intro and soon you will get access. 

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 12:12:36 PM »
Starting out again with a sampire, while all the equipment could be expensive - setting up with even 1 weapon and a basic suit is good until you build up for more resources.

Gaderian
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 02:03:07 PM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline XenomorpheTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Xenomorphe has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 02:12:21 PM »
Welcome to SUO community.   I known I saw that name in game recently.  Yes you do have a few good pet :).     having a guild that can help returning player is always nice.   We did have a few old member that have return with what going on.   

Thx for the intro and soon you will get access.

I've spent way too much time working on those pets hehe.  :P

Starting out again with a sampire, while all the equipment could be expensive - setting up with even 1 weapon and a basic suit is good until you build up for more resources.

Gaderian

I'm almost there.  I just need to get a couple more pieces at this point.  The suit is almost solid I just need to finish crafting the weapons to have it be really useful.

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Thank you.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 02:15:08 PM »
Depending on when last you played, the "lesser slayers" (versus Super slayers) are the more powerful ones. Needs white pearl to craft, which tend to come from shallow water fishing areas - in case you are trying to farm up materials yourself.
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 02:49:57 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 05:33:30 PM »
Xeno, Glad you made it! See you in game bud! Happy scripting!

Tags: