Author Topic: Apprentice Scripter  (Read 1662 times)

Offline UokingTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Uoking has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Apprentice Scripter
« on: October 27, 2019, 02:57:08 AM »
Hey, my name is UO king.  I'm 34, with a background in web design and applications. I started to code about 2 years ago and started with EUO. I just recently got into coding python and what I like coding is algorithms and automation. The project I am currently working on is for hosting events like scavenger hunts using scripts to automate the event. Another thing I've done is custom google API mapping using the UO maps.  I like helping people and creating useful tools for players.  One thing I suck at is writing bios this is torture for me right now.  It took me over an hour just to come up with a few things to say about myself so hopefully this is enough info because that's all I got haha.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Apprentice Scripter
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 06:03:03 AM »
A good start. What do you do in UO? Favorite template? How long have you been playing? The intro is more to introduce yourself to the community then a bio. It is more simple than most realize.

Myself, I have been playing UO since 2000. I mainly play the official shards though I do dip my toes into freeshards here and there. My main characters are tamers, t-hunters, and sampires though I am currently working a thief just for the heck of it. Welcome to SUO.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 07:40:34 AM »
Welcome to SUO,  great started,  you get my attention by a word that I hear in a while automation.... Like Crisis said,   just talk about you in relation to the game.     
OSI  or FS,  why you play the game and what you like about it.         I like OSI for the team work  and play FS when I want to be a one man team.  LIke Crisis a move around :)     

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 08:04:05 AM »
I could waait for you to answer the posts above but assuming you will...

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline UokingTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Uoking has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 07:12:44 PM »
Hey thanks, guys...  Uhh So basically I like to play mages on OSI shards.  Ive always played a mage in pvp. I use to be a top pure mage duelist back in the day but the more the game turned into pot chugging the less interested I became. Other than that I was a rares collector and still am.  Having a Pheonix suit was always on my list. But nowadays I really just focus on coding.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 07:25:11 PM »
Thank you for the update. Welcome to SUO!

Tags: