Author Topic: Targetting Serpents Nests  (Read 9756 times)

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Targetting Serpents Nests
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 10:34:36 PM »
I was really hoping that this Script would be available for testing.  There is nothing more tedious then sitting there playing your flute and hoping that a Snake or Serpent will pull out a Rare Egg.  I love killing Medusa with my Sampire, but I really hate the tedious task of getting the Altar Keys.  Has anyone else worked on this and perhaps have a working version that they would like to share?  Please...!

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline freddy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • freddy has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 10:50:29 PM »
I was really hoping that this Script would be available for testing.  There is nothing more tedious then sitting there playing your flute and hoping that a Snake or Serpent will pull out a Rare Egg.  I love killing Medusa with my Sampire, but I really hate the tedious task of getting the Altar Keys.  Has anyone else worked on this and perhaps have a working version that they would like to share?  Please...!

walk me through the process and i'll write one for you

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 11:18:34 PM »
walk me through the process and i'll write one for you

There were a couple of people working on one.  I think MW was one and the one below:
http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=8866.0;highlight=serpent

If you haven't tried to get some of the Serpents' Eggs yourself it is hard to visualize, as it is a process:

The process is this:

A Rare Serpent Egg can be acquired from the Serpent Nests near the entrance of the Medusas Lair inside the Stygian Abyss Dungeon. It can be searched from the nests directly or they can be obtained by using a Snake Charmer Flute on any kind of snake in the vicinity and then targeting the nests. The snake will then undertake the hazardous task of searching the nest for rare eggs. The eggs are Blessed and have a Lifespan property, starting with a timer of 43,200 seconds (12 hours). They come in four colors: plain, blue, yellow and red.

They can be used on the altar near the entrance of the Medusa's Lair to get access.

Using a Snake Charmer Flute on snakes in the area in front of Medusa's lair, they can be persuaded to search for Rare Serpent Eggs inside Serpent Nests. These eggs are the keys for the entrance to Medusa's lair. Four of them are needed.

Snake Charmer Flutes can be used while invisible, making the whole ordeal a lot less hazardous.

ORACLE

Offline freddy

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 12:08:50 AM »
I just realized that you didn't start this topic and this is the second page. I feel dumb haha. I'll have a working one when I wake up, it's bed time for freddy.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 03:51:15 PM »
If anyone has a script or is working on a script for Medusa's Rare Serpent Eggs and would not mind sharing it, I really would appreciate it.  Freddy must still be asleep, although I did not expect anything as it may not be that easy to just hammer one out (so to speak).  One of my favorite things to do in the game is to go visit Medusa at least 3 - 4 times a week (and try to gather at least 3-4 sets <16 eggs> at a time).

ORACLE

Offline freddy

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 06:38:25 PM »
If anyone has a script or is working on a script for Medusa's Rare Serpent Eggs and would not mind sharing it, I really would appreciate it.  Freddy must still be asleep, although I did not expect anything as it may not be that easy to just hammer one out (so to speak).  One of my favorite things to do in the game is to go visit Medusa at least 3 - 4 times a week (and try to gather at least 3-4 sets <16 eggs> at a time).

I haven't been able to get to medusa, been making nothing but potions for my plants. i have about 10k more potions to make then I'll see what i can do about getting this finished

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 03:14:18 PM »
I might still have one in my million dropboxes... or maybe even here on this site... I can't remember where anything is anymore...... I need to relook over the code for targetting the nests though, see if I can figure out an easier way now that I understand Ter Mur Tiles a little Better :P
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Mad Tamer

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Mad Tamer has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2012, 07:59:36 PM »
I would love a good script for collecting the eggs. Even if I gotta move the char around as long as it will click the snakes n clicks the holes I would be very happy. I will help anyone who makes a script test it out  ;) Thanks!

Offline D

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • D has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2012, 01:35:13 AM »
its been a while since i did medusa, the reason mainly for the pause was the tedious egg collecting, would love a script to help with that.

Offline sprago

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • sprago has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2012, 01:56:04 PM »
Has anyone come up with a script like this i love medussa just its a pain to go after the keys needed

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2012, 09:24:54 PM »
I still use the same one as last year,  the link is posted a few post ahead.   Still like everyone, I can't seen to get it automated.  The best I was able to accomplish is to have flute and snake to be automated and only need to target the hole when the one in use vanish.   I try to use OCR to read the colour of the hole but didn't work.  I haven't work on mine in a long time.

Offline razeial

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • razeial has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2012, 10:03:03 PM »
I've been working on my own script for this and like so many others, ran in to the same problem with the nests. The nests have itemid, item types, and return a location, but for some reason event macro 22 0 does not work to target these.

Here's what I was able to come up with though: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=10246.0

Tags: