Author Topic: Honor/scan journal help  (Read 1812 times)

Offline SardornTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sardorn has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Honor/scan journal help
« on: September 09, 2012, 09:16:28 AM »
And for my next simple question...
I'm trying to make a simple honor script which will scan the journal for the critter to spawn and honor it, mainly for my sampire in miasma.  I have an honor script which I've used in the past but it will honor anything that targets my toon and not necessarily the one I'm after, and occasionally this breaks the honor with the critter I'm fighting.
I've read the Journal scanning tutorial at http://wiki.easyuo.com/index.php?title=Tutorial:Journal_Scanning but it is not simplifying it enough for me. Is anyone aware of a very simple step by step explanation tutorial for something like this?

Thanks again

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Honor/scan journal help
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 06:05:43 AM »
I wouldnt use scanning the journal as a trigger.  I would use finditem.  Here is a very sinple outline..

Code: [Select]
finditem <MonsterType>  G_10
if #Findcnt > 0
   {
   ; the code to honor the id of the monster #findid
   }
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
Re: Honor/scan journal help
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 06:48:31 PM »
Just a thought on that too, every monster has their own ID.. so after you find type you want it to be stuck in a while loop.  So once the find type is found, it selects a target with the honor and it doesn't try to honor anything else until it can no longer find that specific monster. This way if you ever do a mob that is more than 1 at a time it will not honor everything it sees :)
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Tags: