Author Topic: Kal In Ex SOS Master problem  (Read 2775 times)

Offline SardornTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sardorn has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Kal In Ex SOS Master problem
« on: July 06, 2013, 03:05:40 PM »
Let me start by posting the obvious, this is not a problem with a script I wrote. I am however having an issue with it, posted on EasyUO a few days ago and havent seen any responses so I'm guessing it's either not a problem or something I can fix if I can find out what the hang up is. Here is my post/problem:

"Has anyone been having problems with this since the last patch? It will not read the SOS's for me now, popped all the bottles, opens the first SOS, does not relocate it to the corner like it used to, does not, mark a spot, comes back with the 'select region' message. I cant see that anything has changed other then maybe the color of the SOS itself. I've tried with just 1 SOS in the bag and no luck, tried different SOS's, no luck. Any suggestions? I have the latest download listed (dated 11.22.12) and even tried downloading again to see if I had inadvertently changed something. I'm on LS and have the Shard set as OSI. Windows7. Any suggestions or help?"

That about sums it up. Has anyone here been having issues with it? I really didnt see anything that had changed from the patch. If someone is aware of this and it's a simple fix, please hint me in the right direction. If it's a complicated fix, a little help.

The attached picture is as far as it goes, opens the SOS and stalls for a few seconds before asking me what region it belongs to.

Regards

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
SOS prob.jpg

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Kal In Ex SOS Master problem
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 05:10:20 PM »
Have you tried to download the latest version?  I'm using it just fine now, but I'm using the latest KalInEx script.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 06:01:02 PM »
If you look at the map- something is very wrong - location 5 is not correct. Try getting the latest copy and try again (also reboot before running it the first time and don't run any other scripts first)

Offline SardornTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sardorn has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 06:27:14 PM »
Figured it out. I noticed the 5 area too, sometimes it was normal and sometimes like that. However, apparently the problem was that I didnt remove all of the old files. I went through, deleted everything sos related, and downloaded again (I had downloaded it a couple times trying to fix this, just missed 2 files when I deleted).

Thanks both for your help, this was driving me nuts.

Regards

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 06:58:18 PM »
Sometimes you just have to start at square one.  Glad you figured it out!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: