Author Topic: Virtual PC  (Read 6088 times)

Offline gimletTopic starter

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Virtual PC
« on: March 01, 2018, 02:52:37 PM »
So i am interested in what you guys think is the best virtual machine software (free)?

I am currently looking at VM ware player free.

Offline BobOzarius

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • BobOzarius has no influence.
  • Respect: +26
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual PC
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 07:07:17 PM »
VM Ware is great because it's the most supported and used I think. Microsoft actually gives away free 90 day virtual machines of pretty much all of their OS software. They are 90 day limited, but have development software and such built in. You can also easily roll them back to fresh by creating a VM snapshot in your favorite software. These work best in VMWare I think, and VirtualBox. VirtualBox actually makes it very simple to create VM snapshots for rolling back also. Just install a VM of choice, install the software you want with it, then create a snapshot to roll back to. And you have a perpetual 90 day activated Windows 7-Windows 10 64 bit preview VM for free. You can also enable the stock Windows VM that comes standard in Windows 7 and get a free Windows XP VM for it also still I think. But it requires some finagling in Windows 10 to get it to work I believe.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/

Tags: