Author Topic: Hop Ottin' India Pale Ale!  (Read 14826 times)

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Hop Ottin' India Pale Ale!
« on: July 29, 2008, 01:31:50 PM »
Not too many places I see carry this beer but I give it a 10 (Anderson Valley Hop Ottin')! I'm also a pretty picky SOB but if you like the IPA's this one is one of the best out there in my opinion. I'm been drinking it out of my keg for over a year now. There is something about those IPA's that are just different than all other beers.

So if your anywhere with a good beer selection be sure to look for it and give er' a try. I'm pretty sure your local yard house has it in stock. Cheers!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Hop Ottin' India Pale Ale!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 08:43:46 PM »
My neighborhood BevMo is going to grand open tomorrow, so I'll see if they have this one.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 11:25:14 AM »
yea IPA's rule.. but i dont think ive ever seen that one.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 03:09:55 PM »
I know Yard House has it. Suprise! :o

Ask around or look the for the Anderson Valley label. They have a few other beers out there so make sure you don't grab the wrong one. Little writing on the label"Hop Ottin".

The other IPA I like switch off on every now and then is Stone Brewery IPA. That's a pretty darn good one too...

But I'm with ya EN all the way with IPA's!

The British invented the brewing technique in India during their colonization. Those soldiers must have gotten bored from time to time :P

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 03:24:29 PM »
If I chuck a rock hard, I can hit the Stone Brewery here in Escondido.  I still haven't visited it. 
Come play RIFT with me!

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 05:00:27 PM »
If I chuck a rock hard, I can hit the Stone Brewery here in Escondido.  I still haven't visited it. 
I'm only one county over from ya (Orange County). I could make that trip with you ;D

It probably be worth going to see to check out the entire process from start to finish.

One of these days when I get burnout on UO/Gaming I might have to start experimenting with brewing myself see if I can't come up with some flavorful concoction. It looks like it'd be alot of fun but I imagine there's quite a bit to it.

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 06:44:02 PM »
Hmmm, IPAs, not my taste.  Stone is a decent one. Ihaven't seen that label with the Hop Ottin.  Still, Belguim ales... mmmm.. flavor!

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 06:54:26 PM »
Yea Nicar those Belgium Beers aren't half bad either  :)

It's only in the last 10 years or so the US is catching up and even surpassing the Europeans, Japanese, and Austrailians in beer brewing.

How about Elephant Beer? Anyone ever tried that? It's imported from my birthplace Denmark Copenhagen. Us Danes we know our beer ;)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 07:50:04 PM »
the US is catching up and even surpassing

Umm lets not get ahead of ourselfs now.. lol

The us i always find is increadibly narrow in its beer offerings 90% of the time the choice on offer isnt really a choice. (at least in my neck of the woods)
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 07:05:31 AM »
the US is catching up and even surpassing

Umm lets not get ahead of ourselfs now.. lol

The us i always find is increadibly narrow in its beer offerings 90% of the time the choice on offer isnt really a choice. (at least in my neck of the woods)

These little micro brews that might have some decent brews still have trouble competing with the watered down imports that we get here. Now, imagine the imports at their own strength in their respective countries compared to the micro brews....  yup, no comparison really.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 10:51:05 AM »

It probably be worth going to see to check out the entire process from start to finish.

They have a pretty nice operation over there.  It still microbrew, but in a macro-format.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Konesky

• Activity:
    0%
  • Konesky has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2008, 03:47:33 PM »
Alexander Keith's from Halifax (Eastern Canada) is my old favorite... It's an IPA, strong taste and a bit of an aftertaste but not bad overall. I'm almost ashamed to admit it but Labatt Blue is also a nice one. Both of those beers are Canadian of course and both do not use preservatives which I find is a huge advantage the next morning if you have a few too many. It's been my experience that beers with preservatives generally make your head hurt more the next day. On a side note tho, it's best to get these beers fresh from their source, theres definitely a marked difference between fresh stuff sold locally where it's brewed versus the same stuff after its traveled 5500km across the country in a truck/train. This is likely due to the preservative aspect. Ah well, another reason to visit Halifax!! Most bars per capita in North America (used to be at least), party town with 3 universities and 3 colleges...

Good times!

Offline bob

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • bob has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 11:49:43 AM »
I love a IPA dogfish head is my fav!

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 06:47:05 PM »
I love a IPA dogfish head is my fav!

I haven't seen that one. I'm always open to try an IPA. I'll look for it next time I hit the liquour store but I'm bot putting back the brews like I used to. School won't allow it. :'(

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Xanderyum has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 12:55:00 PM »
Deschutes Brewery has an amazing IPA! Inversion.  Don't let me catch you drinkin' it from the bottle. A four stage pour directly in the center of the glass(patience means better head) and let her breathe for a minute or two. Then Enjoy!! The taste and feel in your mouth changes from when you first drink it and then as it passes over your tongue, and then refeshingly slides down your throat.

In Whatcom County, WA we have Boundary Bay Brewery and there IPA is award winningly bitter and delicious.

And a little Tavern here called the Green Frog Cafe Acousrtic Tavern (with all kinds of acoustic instruments hanging on the wall for you to grab anytime the stage isn't being used, and take back to your seat, if you want!) carries 30 beers on tap. I just had the Industrial IPA from Diamond Knot Brewery (out of Mukilteo) and it blew my socks off!

Tags: