Author Topic: The countdown has begun for the new Star Trek!  (Read 7025 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
The countdown has begun for the new Star Trek!
« on: March 15, 2009, 10:42:25 PM »
Wow, Star Trek 11!  It's too bad that 7 of the previous movies sucked.  I got to the point where I didn't ever get too jazzed about any one of the new ones.  Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock and First Contact where pretty enjoyable if not good/great movies.  The rest are really only worth the $3 bin at Walmart.  That said, I'm hoping this new one will be more enjoyable.

Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: The countdown has begun for the new Star Trek!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 05:38:53 AM »
Nice a return to old school star trek .. i see a duplicate YOUNG crew to the original .. definatly saw kirk, spock ,scotty and a improved Uhura
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 10:38:36 AM »
Nice a return to old school star trek .. i see a duplicate YOUNG crew to the original .. definatly saw kirk, spock ,scotty and a improved Uhura

Also it's nice to see a return of the franchise PERIOD.  There was a time where we had 2 different Star Trek solutions on TV at a time, The Star Trek Experience at the HIlton, but now it's all gone.  From The Next Generation to Enterprise, that's like 15 years of Star Trek?  Well, I've missed it. (Well not Enterprise)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 03:11:18 PM »
i've never been into the sifi bit, except for star wars - even those I havn't seen every movie yet.
but this actually cought my intrest.

Offline crameep

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • crameep has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 12:23:07 PM »
Yeah, I've never been into star trek much, but this movie looks great from the trailers.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 12:28:48 PM »
Yeah, I've never been into star trek much, but this movie looks great from the trailers.

That's always been the most disappointing thing about the Star Trek trailers.  They make all the movies look good (well, not the Next Generation ones - no saving those)...
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 04:29:59 PM »
No one has mentioned Star Trek Voyager!  I do not know about you guys, but I could watch Seven of Nine (born Annika Hansen) all day long.  They put her in that skin tight Star Trek Uniform on purpose!  Well it worked!  Got me watching and kept watching until the Series Finale!  Even though the original Star Treks were korny, they are still fun to watch.  If this were a Trekie Forum instead of for UO, I would ask you guys to post your favorite Seven of Nine photos and episodes!    :o
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 04:52:13 PM »
No one has mentioned Star Trek Voyager!  I do not know about you guys, but I could watch Seven of Nine (born Annika Hansen) all day long. 

Amen, Brutha!  I didn't mind the thought of assimilation after her addition!  Voyager was my favorite so far.  I still TiVo it even though I own the complete series.  Actually, I enjoyed DS-9 also (especially the last couple seasons).
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 05:06:58 PM »
heh, I think I used to watch Voyager with my dad when I was a kid.  I think he watched it more for the Female Captain. if i'm thinking of the right series. :P

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 05:45:41 PM »
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 07:46:20 AM »
I am waiting on the new star trek with anticipation.  I also liked al the different series of star trek but enterprise was my favorite and hated seing it go after such a short run.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 11:55:55 AM »
I have seen it twice now and its definitely worth taking in on the big screen.  My wife liked it, so that is a positive indicator for date material.

I didn't think it was amazing, but the plot held together, it was good action, and the actors all fit the rolls very well.  Abrams did a great job putting a new face on the franchise and its really pretty consistent with the original story-line for anyone for whom that sort of thing is important.  My biggest gripe would be that most of the plot line is about introducing the characters, and the villian gets an abbreviated development.  Woo Hoo, another bad Romulan, total surprise there... So for me what this movie didn't do was create something really new and powerful.  In a lot of respects it was a scene setting story from which to launch the next five movies to a new generation of Treckies... the next generation if you will...

For good action, well paced plot, and pretty great casting, I give it a 7.5 out of ten.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 11:57:47 AM »
I've been meaning to do a review of this one myself, but I wasn't looking forward to it.  ;)  You were a bit more kind than I would have been.  heh.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: