Author Topic: Raspberry Pi  (Read 71725 times)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Raspberry Pi
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2013, 06:02:20 PM »
acting as a TOR proxy for anytime I need to browse some where quietly :>
No Silk Road for you!! :P
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2013, 06:29:52 PM »
Couldn't let it go for 7 more days to have a year between posts TM?  :)

Nope.  All times are good times for Pi!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2013, 07:40:38 PM »
MY pi in its Lego case has been reliably serving up music and videos since i originally posted
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2013, 07:47:54 PM »
I gave up on 1080p stuff, but normal rez DVD and music works great.  Trying now to get it working with my 3-tuner HomerunHD prime.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline freddy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • freddy has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2013, 11:49:07 AM »
silk road died - tho there are other um...places

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2013, 12:20:15 PM »

Heh, I had a friend who actually used to buy his medication through silk road. Over the counter it would cost him ~900$ for a refill. Through users on silkroad it only cost him 40$.

He had it tested to though to make sure it was the correct stuff before ever taking any of it (We have a friend who is bio-chemist).

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2013, 01:01:59 PM »

Heh, I had a friend who actually used to buy his medication through silk road. Over the counter it would cost him ~900$ for a refill. Through users on silkroad it only cost him 40$.

He had it tested to though to make sure it was the correct stuff before ever taking any of it (We have a friend who is bio-chemist).

Most medicine is sold in the USA at amazing rip off prices compared to the rest of the world (a min of 50-80%+ higher prices).
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2013, 01:46:35 PM »
Yes true statement. I purchase alot of maintenance medicine in central america for an 1/8 of the price I purchase it here in the US. That is nuts and it has the same ingrediants maybe not the same strict measurement we have here but as long as it is close :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2014, 10:37:32 AM »
BTW, I've had a few encounters with cases for these Raspberry Pi thingies.  The best one I found so far is this:

http://www.banggood.com/Sliced-Acrylic-Shell-Case-Enclosure-Computer-Box-For-Raspberry-Pi-p-917015.html
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline UOMaddogTopic starter

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2014, 07:52:12 PM »
Thought I'd pop my head in...

Finally saying F@#& YOU to Comcast (still forced to get my internet through them though) and using my dad's old 13-ft antenna in the attic with a HDHomerun Dual (haven't gotten it yet, but soon!) on the network with my Zyxel NSA320 NAS, plus a Vizio Co-Star on my nice TV and my RPi on the bedroom TV. Can't wait for it to all be running smoothly! And to be saving $70 a month!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2014, 09:37:57 PM »
I'm almost headed in that same direction with ya.  When I first got all my cable stuff from Cox, I was paying around $110/month for HBO/Skinimax/Showtime full cable and the internets.  That was around 2000 for that price.  Now the same thing is $240/month, so I pulled the plug on all the extra cable crap, slowed my interwebz down to 5Mbps all for $140/month.  I'm just about done with cable as it is, and can probably live on the Roku + Playon with just internet access.  I'm totally tired of the cable shafting.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline UOMaddogTopic starter

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2014, 09:56:27 PM »
Well I'm paying $73.95 (+tax) a month for my internet now, BUT that's for Blast from Comcast that recently got its speed doubled from 50/5 to 100/10Mbps! And I'm actually GETTING those speeds too, which is nice! I was paying $63.95 a month for only 25/5 (but getting around 28/3) and I figured with all the streaming I'd be doing now, it was worth the $10 extra for 4 times the speed. I'll have my Vizio Co-Star tomorrow and the HDHomerun Dual on Thursday so I'll report back this weekend!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2014, 10:23:14 AM »
I'm almost headed in that same direction with ya.  When I first got all my cable stuff from Cox, I was paying around $110/month for HBO/Skinimax/Showtime full cable and the internets.  That was around 2000 for that price.  Now the same thing is $240/month, so I pulled the plug on all the extra cable crap, slowed my interwebz down to 5Mbps all for $140/month.  I'm just about done with cable as it is, and can probably live on the Roku + Playon with just internet access.  I'm totally tired of the cable shafting.
TM, I feel ya. This is my story EXACTLY except I haven't turned things off yet. I'm ready to ditch cable altogether with the exception of Internet and go exclusively with Netflix, Prime, Hulu, and Torrents with auto-downloads configured with RSS feeds (no more need for the . My last bill was $255 for one month (plus I pay for Prime and Netflix anyhow). This has got to end now! I figure I should be able to put $2000/yr back in my pocket, and I'll even build a nice HTPC for the media center with the first 2-3 months savings!

Now, if I could actually implement instead of just talking about it...

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2014, 10:54:58 AM »
Just think about what's going to happen once Time/Warner merges with Comcast.  I pay pretty much the same price I did for my cellphone access from 1997.  I'm not getting much value-added from cable, so what's up with this government accepted cartel?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2014, 01:24:28 PM »
Just think about what's going to happen once Time/Warner merges with Comcast.  I pay pretty much the same price I did for my cellphone access from 1997.  I'm not getting much value-added from cable, so what's up with this government accepted cartel?

Fun fact... 4G is wireless 56k.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Tags: