Author Topic: looking for suggestions for a t map character  (Read 11461 times)

Offline madatuTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • madatu has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
looking for suggestions for a t map character
« on: November 30, 2012, 06:11:22 AM »
So what skills you guys using ? right now i am
110 mage
100 cart
100 lockpick
120 music
120 peace
100 mining

what other skill you suggest. I would like provoc but not sure if i cant 120 it if it is worth it. Having mining is mandatory at least at this time. I am at 640 skill and can go up to 720. leaves 80 skill left. I can make jewlry with 30 magery lowering my skill in magery but adding the 30 to provoc giving me 120. What do you guys suggest ?

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: looking for suggestions for a t map character
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 08:31:17 AM »
If you know the 100% location of Treasure map i think you could drop Mining or not?
I remember back then i used a Sampire Treasurehunter with easyuo script..

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 11:11:42 AM »
I treasure Hunt alot. It's about the only thing I do when it comes to monster hunting these days.

Dropping Mining is asking for trouble and your going to be wasting alot of time searching for the treasure when it's 2 tiles away from you. Even with 100 Mining it can take a bit.

Cartography you can drop. Decode the Maps then stone Cartography off which will free up 100 points.

I use a Thrower as my T Hunter and he tears through all maps including 7s with the exception of the Renegade Changelings those little buggers are a pain in the neck. I carry an arsenal of elemental weapons and slayers weapons which does make all the difference in the world.

Thrower is hands down the best T-Hunter as far as I'm concerned. I'll challenge anyone to a time test on any map, any level, any facet with the exception of Diabolical Ilshenar. Thrower DPS with elemental slayer weapons is an extremely efficient means of Treasure Hunting.

Template

120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
90 Healing
100 Mining
100 Lockpicking
70 Chivalry

Offline madatuTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • madatu has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 02:30:02 PM »
once i read the map can i stone the skill and still read the map afterwards ?

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 09:05:26 PM »
once i read the map can i stone the skill and still read the map afterwards ?

Yessir!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 03:55:37 AM »
Do you have any problems with opening the trapped chest and dying with this build?

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 04:33:49 PM »
I used to rock a provo mapper back in the day. (Still do now on UO Second Age server)

I've never used mining however, given a good tmap library you should have no need for mining at all.

I'm sure that there are plenty of ways other than this decadent setup, but it's still my favorite way.

Carto, Lockpicking, Magery, Wrestling, Music, Provo, Resisting Spells (or med).

When you pop the box, wrestling gives you that chance to not get gibbed (Keep in mind, still referring to T2A era where a hit from a balron could be death). However with good timing, some prefer hiding.

I actually used to run a Tmapper PK. I was pretty well known. Basically what I would do is entice someone to fight me, and lure them to the chest, pop it, hide and force spawn. Letting the box/spawn kill them :>

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 05:46:23 AM »
  I am interested in making one of these t-hunters.

Could someone take a min to explain how to do this since i've never ventured into this aspect of UO before? Also what are the odds of getting those forged pardons?

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 11:08:40 AM »
Do you have any problems with opening the trapped chest and dying with this build?

I run a Thrower Suit all 70s so there is no issue with dying to trapped chests. Chests will hit you somewhere in the range of 80-100, as long as you have 125+ HP you'll be fine. I've only died one time opening a chest and that's because I opened it at 1/2 health ( I think I was watching TV at the same time and got careless).

Could someone take a min to explain how to do this since i've never ventured into this aspect of UO before? Also what are the odds of getting those forged pardons?

There's not much to explain other than you need 100 Cartography to decode the map (which you can then stone off and replace with another 100 skills points). You'll also need 100 lockpicking to open 6's and 7's (I'm not sure about the skill level required to pick locks on Maps level 1-5 as I don't bother with them).

Mining is considered an optional however I consider it a requirement for any successful Treasure Hunter, you can see how mining affects your chances on Treasure Maps - UOGuide.

Other than those 2 skills and the 1 optional you can create any template you like to kill off the spawn.

As far as pardons go from my personal experience I venture to guess the drop rate is somewhere between 10%-20% tops.

Offline dxrom

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 11:12:08 AM »

http://forums.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=39689

I cannot explain it much better than he does.

That server is basically an exact clone of old OSI during t2a era. Thus the information is pretty valid.

Basically the process is as such:
1. Find a TMap rune library.
2. Decode your map.
3. Compare your map to here, http://uo.stratics.com/thb/info/maparchive/Archive1.shtml. (offline version, which I prefer, can be found here, http://sourceforge.net/projects/uosecondage/files/ named THB_Offline.v1.01.exe).
4. Find the number that your pin corresponds to and find that number in the rune library.
5. Recall, dig up.
6. ???
7. Profit!

I took a couple mins to grab a map and whip up some screen shots, then cut and ordered them for you.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 01:54:18 PM »
Thanks guys!!

That looks a little more complicated than the click and kill i've always done lol.

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 05:01:58 PM »
Template

120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
90 Healing
100 Mining
100 Lockpicking
70 Chivalry

I'm working on one right now. It's going on a pretty new account with only 705 skill points and no soulstones so i believe i'll run without chiv and use skill points on my jewels.

Here's what im thinking:
120 throwing
90 tact (+skill on jewels)
100 anat
100 heal
100 cart
100 lockpick
100 mining

I realize it will take me longer to kill the spawn but what do you think about this setup for an economy hunter?

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 05:54:42 PM »
That looks like a successful Treasure Hunter template to me.  

I mainly use Chivalry to Travel and for DF. I would invest in some Refresh potions without the ability to DF.

Get your hands on some elemental throwing weapons and add the proper slayer type and it will allow you to mow through the maps.

Also using the EC for doing maps is very convenient because you can use the grid map or list to pull out the items you want.

I don't spend anytime going through the loot. I grab the gold, the Pardons, Alacrities, Maps, the Mana Phasing Orbs, and the stuff you can turn in for clean up points then I quickly move on to the next chest.

Let us know how it goes!

Offline dxrom

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 06:17:35 PM »
I dunno about this fancy thrower stuff >_>

Maybe i'm just old fashioned.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 06:39:11 PM »
Throwers have more DPS than any template in the game.

Tags: