Author Topic: Hey all, allow me to introduce myself...  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Whitey123Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Whitey123 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hey all, allow me to introduce myself...
« on: April 29, 2013, 05:14:04 PM »
I starting playing UO on Pacific back in the OSI days, and I quickly fell in love with the game. I wasn't lucky enough to have heard about the game when it first came out, but I started playing in 1999 during the days of T2A, also my favorite era. I played through renaissance, pvping my heart out until there was no players left in felucca to pvp with. I didn't see any other option but to put my accounts on ebay and call it quits. Although I'm not going to say I didn't miss it, I did, like crazy, like your first girlfriend you think you're madly in love with and going to marry. Eventually I decided to come back and give it one last shot, but I think item insurance was the nail in the coffin. It just wasn't the same.

After googling UO a couple years ago thinking about all the great times I had on this game, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that people were still playing this old game on private servers. Back when the OSI servers were booming, the free/private server scene was basically nonexistent, having maybe 20 or 30 people on them. I had no idea that so many had moved over to private servers. I was missing out! I hadn't played UO in about 10 years, but man was I excited to jump back in, and I've been hooked again ever since.

Back when I played Pacific, I was an IDOC king. I made millions staying up all night waiting for that house to fall, and being such a good placer I'd always get it down before anyone else did. I guess you could say that's what got me interested in scripting. Being older now, I simply don't have the time or patience to stare at my computer screen for hours and days on end waiting for that idoc to go down. I'd like to be apart of this community so I can learn more about scripting. However I assure you, I don't want to be that guy leeching off of everyone else's hard work. Although I'm still a novice, I'd like to learn how to write my own scripts so eventually I can be a valued contributor of the community.

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hey all, allow me to introduce myself...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 05:39:02 PM »
A good read and welcome back. I am sure a mod will do a nice drive-by release. Have fun!!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 07:41:38 PM »
Welcome to the site; we like IDOCs too!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 08:08:41 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Neo

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +155
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 07:43:57 AM »
Welcome to the site!
Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

Offline Ozzy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Ozzy has no influence.
  • My Boys
  • Respect: +4
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 05:41:51 AM »
Welcome whitey...i hate idocs  seems i always get the crappy armour

Tags: